उत्तर प्रदेश श्रमिक स्वास्थय बीमा योजना: Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath has announced to start UP Labour Health Insurance Scheme 2022 for labourers. On 1 May 2021, CM has announced two schemes for the laborers of the state. In the first scheme, an insurance cover of Rs. 2 lakh will be given to all laborers for accidental death or disability. A health insurance cover of Rs. 5 lakh will also be given to registered labourers.
In the FY 2020, the state government had not just given free ration to laborers but also a “bharan poshan bhatta” or allowance. Around 54 lakh laborers had benefited from the financial assistance. More than 40 lakh migrant workers who returned to the state were also given benefits.
UP Labour Health Insurance Scheme 2022 Apply
In the UP Labour Health Insurance Scheme for Labourers, the state govt. will provide Rs. 5 lakh health insurance to all registered labourers. For this purpose, any labourer must be registered with the Building and Other Construction Workers (BOCW) Welfare Board. All those labourers registered with BOCW board would automatically get included in the UP Labour Health Insurance Scheme beneficiary list. Other Shramik who are still not registered will have to apply online as workers to avail benefits of UP Worker Health Insurance Scheme.
BOCW Workers Online Registration Form for UP Health Insurance Scheme for Labourers
To assist daily wage labourers, govt. has started various schemes for their welfare and one of the schemes is named as UP Health Insurance Scheme for labourers. All the workers who will make registration would be able to avail UP Labour Health Insurance Scheme benefits in their bank accounts through DBT mode. Below is the complete process to fill UP Worker Health Insurance Scheme online registration form 2022:-
STEP 1: Firstly visit the official website at https://www.upbocw.in/english/index.aspx
STEP 2: At the homepage, scroll over the “Worker” tab present in the main menu and then click at the “Labour Registration / Correction” tab as shown here:-
STEP 3: Then the UP Labour Registration online application form will appear as shown below:-
STEP 4: All the applicants will have to enter their aadhar card number, mandal, district, mobile number and click at the “Aavedan / Sanshodhan Karein” button to complete the BOCW labourers registration process with Uttar Pradesh labour department.
It is important to note that all the labourers registered with the UP Labour department would be eligible for the UP Labour Health Insurance Scheme.
Eligibility Criteria / Documents List – UP Health Insurance Scheme for Labourers
In case you are a daily wage earner, then you must possess some documents for Yogi Labourers Health Insurance Scheme registration to avail scheme benefits:-
- Laborer must be a permanent resident of Uttar Pradesh.
- Labourers must have registration certificate from UP labour department, municipal council / corporation or gram sabha.
If the applicant worker is registered in any of the above mentioned departments, then assistance amount would be transferred directly into their bank accounts.
UP Govt. Initiatives for Daily Wage Labourers
- CM Yogi Adityanath said that the Uttar Pradesh Labour (Employment Exchange and Job) Commission had been set up which is working to find employment for workers.
- A Kanya Vivah Sahayata Yojana is running through which the government provides financial aid for the wedding of daughters of laborers.
- Atal Residential Schools are also being set up in each of the 18 divisions to provide education to children of registered laborers and provide with them free hostel facilities.
- The Chief Minister said that the government is providing free coaching to children of laborers under the Abhyudaya Scheme and helping them get good ranks in competitive exams.
For more details, visit the official website at upbocw.in