Gujarat government has launched Suposhit Mata Swasth Bal Yojana 2022 for pregnant women and lactating mothers. In this सुपोषित माता स्वस्थ बाल योजना, the state govt. will provide nutrition to pregnant women / lactating mothers by offering free of cost monthly supplements like Tur dal, Chana, Edible Oil. Suposhit Mata Swasthya Bal Yojna has been announced in the Gujarat budget 2022-23 presented on 3 March 2022. In this article, we will tell you about the complete details of Suposhit Maa scheme.
About Suposhit Mata Swasth Bal Yojana 2022
Women and Children are the foundation of the society. Today’s adolescent girls are the mothers of tomorrow. Health care and nutrition at every stage of life is necessary for a salubrious future generation. First thousand days from the conception to the completion of two years of a child are considered as golden period. Therefore, Government has decided to implement various schemes to strengthen health and nutrition of the adolescent girls, pregnant women and lactating mothers.
New scheme is announced by name Suposhit Mata Swasth Bal Yojana with an outlay of Rs. 4000 crores for the next five years to make available Protein, Fats and Micro nutrients in the diet of pregnant women and lactating mothers for 1000 days. It would be done by offering them free of cost monthly supplements of 1 Kg Tuver Dal, 2 Kg Chana and 1 Kg edible oil.
Suposhit Mata Swasth Bal Yojana in Gujarat Budget 2022-23
The following announcements have been made in Gujarat Budget 2022-23 for Women and Child Development (WCD) Department:-
- A provision of Rs. 811 crore for the next year under “Suposhit Mata-Swashth Bal Yojana” to provide one kg Tur Dal, 2 kg gram and one litre edible oil free of cost upto 1000 days to pregnant and lactating mothers.
- Provision of Rs. 1153 crore for nutrition, pre-education and other facilities of children under Anganwadi Program.
- A provision of Rs. 1059 crore for door to door Sukhdi distribution to children in the age group of 3-6 and to provide “take home ration” to adolescent girls and pregnant, lactating mothers.
- The norms to provide economic assistance to widows have been liberalised by the government. As a result, the number of women under this scheme has increased from 1.5 lakh to 11 lakh in three years. A provision of Rs. 917 crore to provide assistance under the scheme.
- A provision of Rs. 365 crore for Poorna Yojana which provides supplementary nutrition and health education to girls in the age group of 11-18.
- At present, Poshan Sudha Yojana providing supplementary nutrition to pregnant mothers is in force in 10 talukas in tribal areas. To extend the scope of this scheme to 72 taluka having majority tribal population and increase the expenditure incurred per person under this scheme by 50 percent. A provision of Rs. 118 crore for this scheme.
- Provision of Rs. 80 crore under Vhali Dikri Yojana to provide for the LIC premium of 1 lakh daughters to give them assistance upto Rs. 1 lakh at different stages of life.
- A provision of Rs. 31 crore for construction of Nand Ghar and other infrastructural facilities in rural and urban areas.
Total provision of Rs. 4976 crore has been made for the Women and Child Development Department. Keeping in view the requirement of women and children for health and nutrition, government has implemented the grass root level Anganwadi scheme. Through these schemes, government intends to bring all the stages of the life cycle under the ambit of these schemes and ensure balanced, physical and mental development. Considering the importance of this section of the society, 42 percent increase compared to the provision of the last year.
Source / Reference Link: Gujarat Budget (WCD) 2022-23 PDF – https://financedepartment.gujarat.gov.in/Documents/Bud-Guj_1147_2022-3-3_990.pdf