|SEED Scheme 2024 Guidelines PDF
|October 28, 2023
|No. of Pages
|Government Schemes, Forms, Policies & Guidelines PDF
|Topic / Tag
|Govt Scheme Guidelines
|Source(s) / Credits
SEED Scheme 2024 guidelines available to download in PDF format at seed.dosje.gov.in. Seed Scheme for economic empowerment of DNTs will benefit de-notified, nomadic and semi-nomadic tribes.
SEED Scheme 2024
SEED Scheme has been formulated with four components that affect livelihood of DNTs. The four component of the SEED scheme are:-
- Educational empowerment – Free coaching to students from these communities for Civil Services, entry to professional courses like medicine, engineering, MBA, etc.
- Health Insurance through PMJAY of National Health Authority.
- Livelihoods to support income generation, and
- Housing (through PMAY/IAY)
The SEED scheme will ensure expenditure of Rs. 200 crore to be spent over five years beginning 2021-22. The DWBDNCs has been tasked with the implementation of this scheme.
Objectives of SEED Scheme
The objectives of SEED scheme are as follows:-
- To provide coaching of good quality for DNT candidates to enable them to appear in competitive examinations.
- To provide health insurance to DNT communities.
- To facilitate livelihoods initiatives at community level to build and strengthen small clusters of DNT/NT/SNT communities institutions.
- To provide financial assistance for construction of houses to members of DNT communities.