PM E Vidya Yojana Portal Registration 2023 at pmevidya.education.gov.in (earlier pmevidya.mhrd.gov.in): Central government is inviting Student Registration Form 2023 at eVidya online education portal for digital learning. Finance Minister Smt. Nirmala Sitharaman had made announcement in Union Budget 2022-23 to expand PM e-Vidya programme to 200 TV channels. FM had earlier announced PM e-Vidya Yojana earlier on 17 May 2020 as part of 20 lakh crore COVID-19 economic package. This PM e Vidya Yojana announcement was made while announcing 5th tranche economic dose under Atmanirbhar Bharat Abhiyan. People can check details of this One Nation One Digital Platform and also list of courses available at official website.
PM E Vidya Portal at pmevidya.mhrd.gov.in
The Ministry of Education (earlier MHRD) has started PM E Vidya Yojana Portal which can be accessed through the link – http://pmevidya.mhrd.gov.in/index.html. At this eVidya Portal, candidates can access information of Diksha, Swayam Portal, SWAYAM Prabha TV, Radio, e-content for CWSN, Online Coaching for Competitive Exams.
PM e-Vidya Programme to be expanded to 200 TV channels
Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman announced on 1 February 2022 that the government will expand the PM e-Vidya programme of “One Class, One TV programme” from 12 to 200 TV channels to impart supplementary teaching and build a resilient mechanism for education delivery amid the Covid-19 pandemic. Presenting the Union Budget 2022-23 in the Parliament, Sitharaman said, “Due to the pandemic-induced closure of schools, children, particularly in the rural areas and those from Schedule Castes (SC), Schedule Tribes (ST) and other weaker sections, have lost almost two years of formal education.”
Need for Expansion of One Class One TV Programme
Finance Minister underlined that a majority of the children affected by the pandemic were from government schools and the government recognises the need “to impart supplementary teaching and to build a resilient mechanism for education delivery”. Under the PM E Vidya Yojana, there will be 200 DTH channels dedicated to Classes 1 to 12, which will enable all the states to provide supplementary education in regional languages, the Finance Minister said.
“High quality e-content in all spoken languages will be developed for delivery via internet, mobile phones, TV and through radio and digital teachers. A competetive mechanism for development of quality e-content by the teachers will be set up to empower and equip them with digital tools of teaching and facilitate better learning outcomes,” Sitharama said.
Digital University for Students Announced in Union Budget 2022-23
Finance Minister said that a digital university will be established to provide access to the students. “The aim is for world-class quality universal education with personalised learning experience at the students door steps. This will be made available in different Indian languages and ICT formats,” Finance Minister said. “The university will be built on our networked hub and spoke model with the hub building cutting edge ICT expertise. The best public universities and institutions in our country will collaborate as a network of hub and spoke,” the Finance Minister added.
The Centre launched the PM e-Vidya programme, also known as the One Nation digital platform, during the first wave of the pandemic in May 2020. Under this scheme, the top 100 universities of the country teach students virtually.
DIKSHA Initiative at at PM E Vidya Yojana Portal
DIKSHA (Digital Infrastructure for Knowledge Sharing) has been formally launched by the Hon’ble Vice President of India on 5th September 2017. For Students, Teachers, and Parents, there are the following benefits which can be accessed using the link http://pmevidya.mhrd.gov.in/diksha.html or https://diksha.gov.in/
Features of DIKSHA Portal
Here are some important features of DIKSHA portal for easy access of students:
- QR Code – National Digital Infrastructure for Teachers and students can be accessed after scanning the QR code provided in their NCERT books. After scanning the QR code, the portal will come up with suggestions and topics that you want to study.
- Language – The portal is accessible in English and varied languages that include Hindi, Marathi, Tamil, Telugu and so (18 languages). You can choose any language depending upon your comfort and convenience.
- Location-based – The portal would first ask for the location to which you belong. For example, you choose Delhi as an option, it would further ask you to choose ‘sub-location’ means in which locality of Delhi you reside. Accordingly, it will show you the courses that are going on in that region from which you can choose the desired course as per your skill set.
- Class Based – DIKSHA portal requires a user to choose the class whose study material has to be accessed. Click on the standard whose study material you wish to access and enter the SUBMIT button.
Diksha Mobile App Download at PM E Vidya Yojana Portal
DIKSHA portal is an advanced platform that is available for the android and iOS users also. You can download the DIKSHA app from Google Play Store. The mobile app is available for not just teachers but also for the students and parents. The app is loaded with engaging learning material that fits the needs of prescribed school curriculum. App Link is mentioned here – https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=in.gov.diksha.app&hl=en_IN
Diksha App Highlights
- Explore interactive material created by teachers and the best Indian content creators for teachers and students in India. By India, for India!
- Scan QR codes from textbooks and find additional learning material associated with the topic
- Store and share content offline, even without Internet connectivity
- Find lessons and worksheets relevant to what is taught in the school classroom
- Experience the app in English, Hindi, Tamil, Telugu, Marathi, Kannada, Assamese, Bengali, Gujarati, Urdu with additional Indian languages coming soon!
- Supports multiple content formats like Video, PDF, HTML, ePub, H5P, Quizzes – and more formats coming soon!
How will Teachers benefit?
DIKSHA – National Digital Infrastructure for Teachers is also available in the form of mobile app. It is loaded with lesson plans, worksheets and activities, to create enjoyable classroom experiences. The portal enables the teachers to understand their career span. From the time they join the school to their retirement, they can map out their career progression and can work on their skills accordingly.
Advantages for teachers
- Find interactive and engaging teaching material to make your class interesting
- See and share best practices with other teachers to explain difficult concepts to students
- Join courses to further your professional development and earn badges and certificates on completion
- View your teaching history across your career as a school teacher
- Receive official announcements from the state department
- Conduct digital assessments to check your students’ understanding of a topic that you have taught
How will Students benefit?
Students having access to DIKSHA app will be able to understand concepts in an easy and interactive manner. There are features through which lessons can be revised. The app also facilitates the students to test his/her learning through self-assessment practice exercises.
How will Parents benefit?
Parents having access to DIKSHA app in their mobiles can follow classroom activities and clear doubts outside school hours. It is a comprehensive platform for hassle free interaction of all the stakeholders involved.
Advantages for students and parents
- Scan QR codes in your textbook for easy access to the associated lessons on the platform
- Revise lessons that you learnt in class
- Find additional material around topics that are difficult to understand
- Practice solving problems and get immediate feedback on whether the answer is correct or not.
- Creation of a Repository of all such e-contents at one place.
- Development of online assessments and training software for students and teachers.
- Provision of a platform for applying advanced technologies like Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning.
Access SWAYAM Portal through PM E Vidya Yojana Portal
SWAYAM is a programme initiated by Government of India and designed to achieve the three cardinal principles of Education Policy viz., access, equity and quality. The objective of this effort is to take the best teaching learning resources to all, including the most disadvantaged. SWAYAM seeks to bridge the digital divide for students who have hitherto remained untouched by the digital revolution and have not been able to join the mainstream of the knowledge economy.
Swayam is a platform that facilitates hosting of all the courses, taught in classrooms from Class 9 till post-graduation to be accessed by anyone, anywhere at any time. All the courses are interactive, prepared by the best teachers in the country and are available, free of cost to any learner. About 90,000 students have already enrolled in this facility by May 2020.
The courses hosted on SWAYAM are in 4 quadrants:-
- Video lecture
- Specially prepared reading material that can be downloaded/printed
- Self-assessment tests through tests and quizzes
- An online discussion forum for clearing the doubts.
Steps have been taken to enrich the learning experience by using audio-video and multimedia and state of the art pedagogy / technology.
For Students and Teachers
NIOS and NCERT are operating a wide range of online courses relating to school education respectively on the SWAYAM platform. Each course comprises text modules, video tutorials, assessment questions and additional resources for self-learning. There are about 1.5 crore students enrolled in these courses. Registration is now open for all these courses. In order to synergize the use of digital contents across the spectrum of school and higher education, efforts are being made to integrate the SWAYAM platform with DIKSHA.For all the courses offered by NCERT, a link for the e-content is being given to download the course book – e.g Class XII Book on Fundamentals of Human Geography
Apart from that AICTE in coordination with IIT Bombay has also launched unique courses suitable for learners from class 9th and above. Students and teachers can access all the course modules (text, videos and assessment questions) free by logging on to: swayam.gov.in or http://pmevidya.mhrd.gov.in/swayam-portal.html
Swayam Prabha TV at PM E Vidya Yojana Portal
The link to access Swayam Prabha TV is http://pmevidya.mhrd.gov.in/swayam-prabha-tv.html. Swayam Prabha was inaugurated on 07 July, 2017. Swayam Prabha is a group of DTH channels devoted to telecasting quality educational programmes 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. It operates using the GSAT-15 satellite.or
Swayam Prabha hosts new content daily for at least (4) hours. This gets repeated 5 more times in a day, allowing students to choose the time of their convenience. The channels are uplinked from BISAG (Bhaskaracharya Institute of Space Applications and Geo-Informatics), Gandhinagar. The contents are provided by NPTEL, IITs, UGC, CEC, IGNOU, NCERT and NIOS. The INFLIBNET Centre maintains the web portal.
For School Education – Sample Content:
The subscribers of FREE DISH, DTH service of Doordarshan, can view these Educational channels using the same SET TOP BOX and TV. No additional investment is required.
The web portal swayamprabha.gov.in also has an archive of telecasted videos which can be accessed online any time. Students can find information on the current and the upcoming programmes lists and time table on the website.
INFLIBNET center has also developed an app of SWAYAMPRABHA. Students can download it from the Play store. All the current and the upcoming programmes lists and time table can be viewed on the app.
Coming Soon for Class 1 to 10
For classes I to X, a two hours telecast schedule (including recorded and live programme) has been planned on SWAYAM PRABHA DTH TV Channels (from 9.00am to 11.00am) with a repeat telecast of two hours (04.00pm to 06.00pm) per day.
Coming Soon for Class 11 and 12
For classes XI and XII a three hours telecast schedule (including recorded and live programme) has been planned on SWAYAM PRABHA DTH TV Channels (from 9.00am to 12.00pm) with a repeat telecast of three hours (04.00pm to 07.00pm) per day by making it six hours telecast every day.
This will facilitate every child to choose the slots conveniently and utilise the educational programmes meaningfully and learn. Weekly transmission schedules shall be available on CIET-NCERT website as well as Swayam Prabha website. Channel 22 will be unified for IIT PAL Lectures on Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics
12 DTH TV Channels
- Channel # 23 – Class-1
- Channel # 24 – Class-2
- Channel # 25 – Class-3
- Channel # 26 – Class-4
- Channel # 27 – Class-5
- Channel # 28 – Class-6
- Channel # 29 – Class-7
- Channel # 30 – Class-8
- Channel # 31 – Class-9
- Channel # 32 – Class-10
- Channel # 33 – Class-11
- Channel # 34 – Class-12
Radio, Community Radio and Podcasts for Students
Mukta Vidya Vani
Mukta Vidya Vani is the unique Educational Web Radio, Streaming Audio for educational purposes and part of the largest Open Schooling in the world. It enables a two way communication with any audience that has access to an internet connection from its studio. Mukta Vidya Vani has completed fifth glorious years of its achievement driven existence in the field of using Streaming Audio for educational purpose which has now become an effective and popular platform for the learners pursuing education. The main objective of Mukta Vidya Vani programmes is to empower the learners of Secondary, Senior Secondary and Vocational streams of NIOS studying various course materials through web streaming.
NIOS organises live interactive web-streaming of Personal Contact Programmes (PCPs) on various subjects of Secondary, Senior Secondary and Vocational courses for its enrolled learners through Mukta Vidya Vani (MVV). Radio Vahini also broadcast these PCPs to maximize its reach not only among the learners but to the masses in general.
Shiksha Vani Podcast
Podcast called Shiksha Vani of CBSE disseminates audio content for various subjects of grades 9 to 12, in a timely, educative, lucid and seamless manner. CBSE-Shiksha Vani is available on Play Store for Android phone users. So far Shikshavani contains approximately 400 pieces of content in the form of audio files on topics in accordance with NCERT curriculum.
DD and AIR
Doordarshan and All India Radio are broadcasting virtual classes and educational content across the country on radio, Youtube, and TV. The virtual learning through DD and AIR includes:-
- Curriculum based classes for primary, middle and high school students.
- Secondary School leaving certificate subjects.
- Model question papers for students appearing for Boards.
- Preparation for engineering and medical entrance examinations.
- Story telling and quiz shows.
Most of these educational broadcasts start early in the morning and get repeated in the afternoon.
More details about Radio, Community radio and Podcasts at http://pmevidya.mhrd.gov.in/radio.html
e-Content for Children with Special Needs at at PM E Vidya Yojana Portal
e-Content for Children with Special Needs can be accessed at PM E Vidya Portal at http://pmevidya.mhrd.gov.in/cwsn.html
Online Coaching for Competitive Exams at PM E Vidya Yojana Portal
IITPAL for IITJEE/NEET preparation
Department of Higher-education has made arrangements for online learning for competitive exams – IITPAL and E-Abhyas. IITPal or IIT Professor Assisted Learning is a series of lectures prepared by IIT Professors to help students prepare for the Joint Entrance Exam (JEE)
- Content: Physics:193 videos/ Maths:218 videos/ Chemistry:146 videos/ Biology:120 videos
- IITPal lectures are telecast on Swayam Prabha Channels. Channel no 22 has been allocated for this. https://www.swayamprabha.gov.in/index.php/channel_profile/profile/22
- E-Abhyas is a personalised adaptive learning platform for students taking competitive exams – JEE and NEET – conducted by the National Testing Agency.
- The App will publish one full test every day for preparation in both English and Hindi.
Link to access Online Coaching for Competitive Exams at PM E Vidya Yojana Portal is http://pmevidya.mhrd.gov.in/online-coaching.html
Launch of PM eVidya Yojana Portal
Central govt. has started PM eVidya Yojana immediately for multi-mode access to digital online education. Under the PM eVidya Programme, govt. will introduce 12 DTH channels, with one each dedicated to each class from 1st to 12th under One Class One Channel initiative. The main component i.e 1 Nation 1 Digital platform for all students will also be started.
DIKSHA platform would be utilized for providing school education in states and UTs. E-content and QR coded energized textbooks for all grades would be provided. All the students would then be able to fill PM E-Vidya Yojana apply online form for courses available at the official eVidya portal.
PM E-Vidya Yojana Portal Student Apply Online Form
PM E Vidya Yojana had been announced by the FM Nirmala Sitharaman on 17 May 2020. As of now, the PM E Vidya Yojana Portal Students online application / registration form filling process has not started. However, details of PM e Vidya Yojana are out and a dedicated portal is proposed to start soon. As soon as the PM e Vidya Yojana Student Apply Online Form filling process starts, we will update it here.
Online Digital Learning Education Programme in PM E Vidya Yojana
Through PM E Vidya Yojana Portal, central govt. is going to focus on technology driven education system with equity. For this purpose, the following measures would be started for online digital learning education programmes:-
- PM e VIDYA Yojana – A programme for multi-mode access to digital/online education to be launched immediately. This PM E-Vidya Yojana will comprise of the following measures:-
- One Nation One Digital Platform – DIKSHA for school education in states/UTs. E-content and QR coded Energized Textbooks for all grades.
- One Class One Channel Program – One earmarked TV channel per class from 1st to 12th.
- Extensive use of Radio, Community radio and Podcasts.
- Special e-content for visually and hearing impaired.
- Top 100 universities will be permitted to automatically start online courses by 30 May 2020. The varsities includes IITs, IIMs, institutes of eminence and national institutes.
- Manodarpan Scheme – This is an initiative for psycho-social support of students, teachers and families for mental health and emotional well-being would be launched immediately.
- New National Curriculum and Pedagogical framework for school, early childhood and teachers will be launched. This would be integrated with global and 21st century skill requirements.
- National Foundational Literacy and Numeracy Mission for ensuring that every child attains learning levels and outcomes in grade 5 by 2025 will be launched by December 2020.
Online Education Karyakram for Students
Below is the list of various technology driven systems for online education under PM E Vidya Yojana:-
- 12 More SWAYAM PRABHA DTH channels – In order to support and reach those who do not have access to the internet, govt. started 3 SWAYAM PRABHA DTH channels for school education. Now another 12 SWAYAM PRABHA DTH channels (1 for each class) to be added.
- Live Interactive Sessions through Skype – The govt. has made provision for telecast of live interactive sessions on these channels with experts from home through Skype.
- Educational Content on TV – Govt. also tied up with private DTH operators like Tata Sky & Airtel to air educational video content to enhance the reach of these channels. Central govt. has made coordination with states of India to share air time (4 hrs daily) on the SWAYAM PRABHA channels to telecast their education related contents.
- Diksha Portal – Till date, DIKSHA platform at diksha.gov.in has had 61 crore hits from 24th March 2020 till date.
- More 200 new textbooks added to e-Paathshaala programme.
PM E Vidya Course List at Website
As the complete details of PM E Vidya Scheme are not yet released, the entire course list is not available. After the launch of PM E Vidya Scheme Portal, course list will be updated here.
e Swayam Prabha Program – 32 DTH Channels for Educational Content
e Swayam Prabha is HRD ministry’s free-to-air education channels, which is a group of 32 DTH channels that provide educational content. The channels teach on topics like arts, science, commerce, performing arts, social sciences and humanities subjects, engineering, technology, medicine, and agriculture.
All of the 32 Swayam Prabha channels offer users around six hours of pre-recorded content on four different subjects daily. It also allows students to clear their doubts by calling on a dedicated helpline.
For more details on PM E Vidya Yojana, visit the official website at http://pmevidya.mhrd.gov.in/index.html