Haryana govt. has launched Chatra Parivahan Suraksha Yojana 2021 for safety of girls. Under this scheme, all the girl students will get free travel facility from their home to their educational institutions. The state govt. will also constitute a special task force namely “Durgashakti Vahini” to minimize the crimes against women. The primary objective of this scheme is to ensure that the girls feel secure at public places, work places and while travelling.
Haryana state govt. will follow a zero tolerance policy for unethical behaviour against women. The tagline for Chatra Parivahan Suraksha Yojana is “Mhare Haryane Ki Shaan, Ladka-Ladki Ek Saman”. The state govt. will also take other steps necessary to ensure survival and safety of women after recent rape cases in haryana.
What is Haryana Chatra Parivahan Suraksha Yojana 2021
Women safety and security is most favourable topic in India to lure women voters. Every contesting party talks of women security but the survey report suggests that India ranks among the top nations, which have a history of crime against women. Women are seen as soft targets from domestic violence (mostly unreported), to rape cases. There is a long list which shows how unsafe women are in India. In Haryana, the situation of women is worse but the state govt. is taking strict actions and implementing new laws and schemes for women safety.
Benefits of Haryana Chhatra Parivahan Suraksha Yojana
Haryana Chatra Parivahan Suraksha Yojana is now started with the aim of providing female students with security on road. Chhatra Parivahan Suraksha Yojna will provide free travelling facility to girls irrespective of the number of students in an educational institution. CM Khattar led state govt. is making every possible effort to ensure safety and security of women. In order to successfully implement the scheme, govt. will appoint nodal officers to whom the girls will be able to submit their requirements.
The major benefit of Haryana Chhatra Parivahan Suraksha Yojana is to ensure that all female school and college students will be provided with secure and free commute facility. They will receive this free transportation facility to travel to and fro between their home and academic institute.
Salient Features of Haryana Chatra Parivahan Suraksha Yojana
- Ensuring and increasing safety of women – With the implementation of this project, the state desires to bring down crimes against women on the streets. Many cases have been reported when women have been taunted by felons, when they were alone on road.
- Free traveling facility – All female students will hence forth be given the facility of traveling between their homes and schools/colleges without spending any money. Secure transportation facility will be provided by state authority.
- Increasing number of educational institutes – CM mentioned that several new educational institutes will be opened in the state. As the number of institutes increase in each area, female students will not have to travel over long distances to attain academic training. More academic centers mean higher percentage of students will get the opportunity to receive a degree.
- New bus routes – Around 113 new bus routes will also be established in the state. These routes will cover a significant area. Bus services will also be improved so that students can reach their school/college without much delay.
- For all school and college students – The scheme benefits will be available for all female candidates, who have taken admission in any school or college.
- Decreasing distance – CM has also announced that the state plans on opening several new academic institutes, so that no female candidate needs to cover more than 20 kms to get to a good school/college.
- Formation of Durgashakti Vahini – Apart from these, the state government has also paid attention to the creation of Durgashakti Vahini. These groups will offer assistance to women in need, as and when requirement arises. Haryana is on its way to implement zero tolerance against women related crimes.
Overview of Haryana Chatra Parivahan Suraksha Yojana
|Name of Scheme||Chatra Parivahan Suraksha Yojana|
|in Hindi||हरियाणा छात्र परिवहन सुरक्षा योजना|
|Announced by||Mr Manohar Lal|
|Launch Date||May 2018|
|Tag line||Mhare Haryane Ki Shaan, Ladka-Ladki Ek Saman|
|Target Beneficiaries||Girls / Women|
Women Safety in Haryana
Central government is working consistently towards formation of a law at the national level to give death penalty in rape cases of minors below the age of 12 years. As another initiative, govt. is also taking steps to eliminate female foeticide across the entire country. Social organizations must work in collaboration with the state govt. to deal with such evils prevailing in the society.
Beti Bachao Beti Padhao Abhiyan started by PM Modi has resulted in improvement in sex ratio. In Haryana only, several steps have been taken to ensure women safety. There is reservation of 33% for women in elections to Panchayati Raj Institutions which has resulted in 42% women representatives in gram panchayats. After the launch of BBBP Scheme in Haryana, sex ratio has improved which stands at 911 girls per 1000 boys in the month of June 2021.