Ministry of Culture has launched Seva Bhoj Yojana to reduce the financial burden of Charitable Religious Institutions. Under this scheme, Central government will waive off Goods and Service Tax (GST) on Langar in holy places. All such organizations needs to make Online Registration at Darpan Portal ngodarpan.gov.in. Union Govt. has allocated a provision of Rs. 325 crore for FY 2018-19 & 2019-20.
Seva Bhoj Yojna will reimburse the Central Govt. share of Central Goods and Services Tax (CGST) and Integrated Goods and Service Tax (IGST) on purchase of raw materials such as ghee, edible oil, atta / maida / flour, rice, pulses, sugar, burra.
Central govt. will provide financial assistance to Charitable Religious Institutions who provide Free Food / Prasad / Langar / Bhandara absolutely free to Public / Devotees without any discrimination.
Seva Bhoj Yojana Online Registration at Darpan Portal
All the institutions must make online registration at NGO Darpan Portal:-
- Firstly visit the official website ngodarpan.gov.in
- On the homepage, click at the “Login / Register” tab. The Seva Bhoj Yojana 2018 Registration Form will appear as follows:-
- Here institutions will have to enter the correct details and click at the “Submit” button to complete the registration process.
- Official Notification – The official launch of Scheme of Financial Assistance under Seva Bhoj Yojana is as follows:-
A special committee will examine the applications received from the institutions within 4 weeks. On the basis of recommendation, competent authority in Ministry will register Charitable Religious Institutions for reimbursing CGST Claim and Central Govt’s share of IGST.
Eligibility Criteria for Seva Bhoj Yojana
All institutions must fulfill the following eligibility criteria to become available for the grant:-
- All Temple / Gurudwara / Mosque / Church / Dharmik Ashram / Dargah / Matth / Monastries which are in existence for at-least 5 years and,
- Serving food to at-least 5000 people in one month and,
- Institutions covered under Section 10 (23 BBA) of Income Tax Act or Institutions registered as Society under Societies Registrations Act (XXI od 1960) or as a Public Trust or institutions registered under section 12AA of IT Act are eligible.
All the Langars in various devotional places will now receive refunds from the Central government. Various Ministers like Sukhbir Singh Badal, Harsimrat Kaur Badal thanks PM Narendra Modi and Mr. Amit Shah for this decision.SAVE AS PDF