State Bank of India is offering a variety of credit cards to meet the financial demands of customers. Any person can now apply online for SBI Credit Card at sbicard.com. The eligibility for SBI Credit Card is determined by a number of factors that can be evaluated once you apply for an State Bank of India Credit Card. In this article, we will tell you the complete SBI Credit Card apply online process.
SBI Credit Card Apply Online Process
Step 1: Firstly visit the official website at https://www.sbicard.com/
Step 2: Select the card from the options
Step 3: Click on Apply Now and fill in E-Apply for Online Application form.
Step 4: Enter your personal details and verify your phone number
Step 5: Click “Submit”, you will get an instant decision on your application based on the information you have provided.
If your application is approved, the SBI Card team will contact you for verification. The card is issued to you after the necessary verification is completed.
Who can Make Online Registration for SBI Credit Card
Here are some basic requirements that all applicants must meet according to the SBI Card website:-
- Salaried individual – 21 years or above
- Retired pensioner within the age group of 40-70 years
- Occupation – Salaried or Self-Employed
- Other Criteria – Regular source of Income, Good credit score, etc.
- Self-Employed individuals above the age group of 25 years
List of Documents Required for SBI Credit Card
The following documents are required to apply for a SBI Credit Card:
- PAN Card
- Copy of Aadhaar Card (with first 8 digits masked) or any valid government address proof
- Other documents like your income documents; Salary Slip and Income tax return etc. may be required depending upon the credit card eligibility & policy.
How to Track SBI Credit Card Application Status
The Track Application widget on the Home page or the Eapply page, i.e. Online Application page (at the bottom of the page) can be used to check the status of your SBI Credit Card application. For this purpose, you can follow the below given steps:-
- Enter the application number/reference number that you were given when you applied for a card.
- To check the status of your SBI Card application, click the “Track” tab.
Reasons for Rejection of SBI Credit Card Application
According to SBI Card rejection of a credit card application can occur for a variety of reasons, including:
- Non-availability of necessary data/documents: If you fail to submit necessary document
- Credit Score Issues: If your credit score is less, there are less chances that your credit card will be approved. Higher the credit score the better are the chances.
- Low-income: If your income is lower than bank expectations, there are chances that your credit card could be rejected due to your low income
- Eligibility based on age: If you are below the age of 21 then it is highly unlikely that your credit card will be approved.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ’s)
What is Credit Card
A credit card is an instrument that allows you to make instant purchases for various goods & services, for which you can pay later. Every credit card account is assigned a credit limit and you can utilise the card till the assigned limit. Once you make the payment at the end of the pre-specified credit period, your credit limit will be restored. Unlike a debit card which is linked directly to your bank account, credit card offers the flexibility to make transactions, independent of the balance available in your bank account.
What are SBI Credit Card Benefits
SBI Card provides a host of benefits. Some of them are contactless transactions, reward points, exclusive cashbacks & discounts, add-on card, pay in EMIs and cash withdrawal from ATMs.
What are the current offers available on SBI Credit Cards
You can enjoy exclusive Discounts and Cashbacks on various merchants & partners across travel, shopping, dining & other categories. The offers are launched from time to time, with a limited period validity. To know more about the current offers, click here
What are the types of SBI Credit Cards
Lifestyle Cards, Reward Cards, Shopping Cards, Travel & Fuel Cards, Banking Partnership Cards, Business Cards. To explore these SBI Credit Cards, click here
How to apply online for an SBI credit card
Once you have selected the SBI Card that is best suited to your needs, all you need to do is fill up the online application form & submit the required document. To apply now, click here.
Does SBI Credit Card support International Transactions
Yes, you can use your SBI Credit Card to carry out contactless, online as well as Point of Sales (POS) International transactions. SBI Card also provides the flexibility of activating or de-activating the International usage as per your convenience. You can also set the transaction limits for these transactions.
For more details on SBI Credit Cards, you can visit the official website at https://www.sbicard.com/