RBI CMS App: Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has launched a new Complaint Management System (CMS) Application on its official portal. Now people can lodge & file complaints online against Banks, non-banking financial companies (NBFCs) at cms.rbi.org.in. RBI Governor has launched CMS software application to facilitate its grievance redressal processes. Now general public can access the central govt’s CMS portal at RBI’s website to lodge their complaints against any of the entities regulated by RBI.
CMS Portal will be accessible on desktop as well as on mobile devices. RBI also plans to introduce a dedicated Interactive Voice Response (IVR) system for tracking the status of complaints. The launch of Complaint Management System (CMS) by RBI will improve customer experience in timely redressal of grievances.
CMS application will improve transparency by keeping the complainants informed through auto-generated acknowledgements. CMS would enable them to track the status of their complaints and file appeals online against the decisions of the Ombudsmen.
RBI CMS App – File Complaints Against Banks / NBFCs
CMS has been designed in order to enable online filing of complaints. Here is the complete procedure on how to lodge complaints against banks, NBFCs in RBI:-
STEP 1: Firstly visit the official website at cms.rbi.org.in
STEP 2: At the homepage, click at the “File A Complaint” tab on the left side or directly click at cms.rbi.org.in to open the RBI Complaint Management System Portal as shown below.
STEP 3: Then click at “File a Complaint” tab on the left side to open the CMS Application Complaint Filing page as shown below.
STEP 4: Here select the eligible regulated entity as Bank to file a complaint with the Ombudsman against bank:-
STEP 5: Here candidates can fill all the details to lodge complaint against banks, NBFCs.
CMS will give convenience to customers by providing a single window on Reserve Bank’s website for lodging complaints against any regulated entity with public interface such as commercial banks, urban cooperative banks & NBFCs. The complaints would be directed to the appropriate office of the Ombudsman/ Regional Office of the RBI.
Minimum Requirement for Filing A Complaint at CMS RBI Portal
Approach the Office of the Ombudsman concerned, along with the following details (as applicable);
- Your name and postal/billing address with
→ Telephone No.
→ Fax no.
→ Email address
- Name and address of the branch/bank/entity or its registered office against which you
- Facts of the case with supporting documents (if any).
- Your Account number/it card number for card related complaints/other details
- Nature and extent of the loss caused and relief sought thereof.
- Any other supporting documents
Track Complaint at RBI CMS Application
At the homepage of the official CMS RBI Portal at cms.rbi.org.in, click at the “Track Your Complaint” tab to open the complaint tracking page as below:-
Here candidates will have to enter the complaint number, captcha code and then click at the “Submit” button to track complaint at RBI CMS application.
Important Links at CMS RBI App
- https://cms.rbi.org.in/cms/Documents/en-US/Banking%20Ombudsman%20Scheme%202006.pdf – Banking Ombudsman Scheme
- https://cms.rbi.org.in/cms/Documents/en-US/Ombudsman%20Scheme%20for%20NBFCs%202018.pdf – NBFC Ombudsman Scheme
- https://cms.rbi.org.in/cms/Documents/en-US/Ombudsman%20Scheme%20for%20Digital%20Transactions%202019.pdf – Ombudsman Scheme for Digital Transactions
CMS Application Features at RBI Portal
The important features of CMS application are as follows:-
- RBI’s CMS application provides features such as acknowledgement through SMS / Email notification(s) and status tracking through unique registration number.
- CMS app also enables receipt of closure advises and filing of appeals where applicable.
- RBI’s CMS Portal solicits voluntary feedback on the customer’s experience.
- CMS has self-help material (in video format) to guide the users of the portal, videos on safe banking practices and on the regulatory initiatives of RBI.
Benefits of Complaint Management System (CMS) Portal by RBI
Complaint Management System (CMS) facilitates the regulated entities to resolve customer complaints received through CMS. This is done by providing seamless access to their Principal Nodal Officers / Nodal Officers. CMS system provides facilities to generate diverse set of reports to monitor and manage grievances by the Regulated Entities. The regulated entities can utilize the info. from CMS to undertake root cause analyses and to initiate appropriate corrective action.
RBI officials can also take the help of CMS application to handle the complaints and to track the progress of redressal. In some cases, the information present in CMS could also be used for regulatory and supervisory interventions. With the launch of CMS, the processing of complaints received in the offices of Banking Ombudsman (BO) and Consumer Education and Protection Cells (CEPCs) of RBI has been digitalized.
Those entities who perform better in analysing the data and using it for creating customer value would be able to benefit more and have a competitive advantage. For more information on Complaint Management System – Click here