Ministry of Human Resource Development, Central government is inviting online application forms for the Prime Minister Research Fellowship Scheme at may2020.pmrf.in. Subsequently, PMRF scheme will attract the best talent for Doctoral Studies (Ph.D.) in reputed institutions like IITs, IISERs, IISc etc. Accordingly, interested candidates can apply online for PM Research Fellowship through the official website. The PMRF scheme was announced in the Budget 2018-19.
The primary objective of PM Research Fellowship Scheme is to promote research with focus on national priorities. Moreover, govt. wants to promote Research in cutting edge technologies and science areas. PMRF Scheme has been designed for improving the quality of research in various higher educational institutions in the country. With attractive fellowships, the scheme seeks to attract the best talent into research thereby realizing the vision of development through innovation.
The candidates will be selected through a rigorous selection process and their performance will be reviewed suitably through a national convention. Starting Academic Year 2020-21, candidates can apply for PMRF through either of these two channels:
Prime Minister Research Fellowship Scheme Online Application Procedure
The complete procedure to apply online for PMRF Application Form May 2020 has been specified below:-
- Firstly visit the official website https://may2020.pmrf.in/
- Subsequently on the homepage, click the “Apply Online” tab present in the header.
- Next click the “Please Click Here To Apply Online” link present at the bottom of the page.
- Afterwards, the Prime Minister Research Fellowship Online Application Form 2020 will appear as shown below:-
- Here candidates can fill all the necessary details accurately and upload supporting documents along with fees payment receipt.
- Finally, candidates can click the “Submit” button to complete the PMRF Application Process.
- Furthermore, candidates can take a printout of the completed application form and keep it for any future reference.
List Of Supporting Documents For PMRF Application Form Submission
The candidates must upload the following documents to fill and finally submit the PMRF Application Form:-
- Recent passport size photograph.
- Scanned Copy of Transcript / Gradesheet / Marksheet till the last completed Semester as PDF.
- Abstract (1000 words) as PDF File.
- Relevant Curriculum Vitae (CV) in PDF Format.
- SBI Collect E-Receipt PDF File.
PM Research Fellowship Amount / PMRF Salary
The candidates will get the following amount / salary for pursuing Doctoral Studies (Ph.D.):-
|Academic Year||Amount (per month)|
|First Year||Rs. 70,000|
|Second Year||Rs. 70,000|
|Third Year||Rs. 75,000|
|Fourth Year||Rs. 80,000|
|Fifth Year||Rs. 80,000|
In addition to this, govt. will also provide grant of Rs. 2 lakh per annum (total Rs. 10 lakh) to each fellow.
Direct Entry Channel for PMRF May 2020
In order to apply for PMRF through this direct entry channel, each candidate must satisfy the following eligibility criteria:-
- In the preceding three years, the candidate should have either:
- completed or be pursuing the final year of Bachelors or Masters degree in Science and Technology streams from any of the Institute/University recognized in India with CGPA of 8.0 or above and GATE score of 650 or above in the relevant subject (the GATE criteria is waived if the qualifying degree is from one of the centrally funded technical institutes), or
- qualified GATE and completed or be pursuing M.Tech./MS by research at one of the PMRF Granting Institutes having a minimum CGPA of 8.0 or above at the end of the first semester with a minimum of four courses.
- They apply and get selected in the Ph.D. programme in one the PMRF granting institutes.
- The PMRF granting institute, which has admitted the student in the Ph.D. programme through the regular selection process (interveiw), makes a strong recommendation for award of PMRF in view of his/her merit.
The metrics on which the candidates will be judged will include (but not restricted to): research exposure, publications, performance in international academic competitions, grades and recommendation letters.
Lateral Entry Channel for PMRF Scheme May 2020
To apply for PMRF through this lateral entry channel, the candidate must satisfy all of the following criteria:-
- The candidate should be pursuing Ph.D. in one of the PMRF granting institutions. Further, he/she should have completed at most 12 months in the PhD programme if he/she joined the programme with a Master’s degree; and should have completed at most 24 months in the PhD programme if he/she joined the PhD programme with a Bachelor’s degree. He/she should have completed at least four courses in the PhD programme with CGPA / CPI of 8.5 or above.
- The PMRF Granting Institute, in which the student is enrolled, makes a strong recommendation for the candidate and uploads the relevant information on the PMRF web-portal, in view of his/her merit clearly demonstrated during the first 12-24 months (as relevant) of the program;
- The metrics on which the candidates will be judged include (but not restricted to) a strong research proposal, publications record and grades. Due weightage should be given to publication in reputed journals/conferences.
PMRF Granting Institutions
The following institutions are PMRF Granting institutions under Prime Minister Research Fellowship Scheme:-
A) IISc, Bengaluru
B) All IISERs
C) All IITs
D) Jawaharlal Nehru University
E) Banaras Hindu University
F) University of Hyderabad
G) Aligarh Muslim University
H) Jamia Millia Islamia
I) University of Delhi
J) National Institute of Technology, Tiruchirappalli
PMRF Application Fee 2020
The candidates must pay Rs. 1000 as PMRF Application Fees through the online mode to State Bank Of India (SBI). Candidates can pay their fees at the SBI Collect page. Here candidates have to accept the “Terms and Conditions” and then select the Payment Category as PMRF Application Fee 2020 and then make the required payment.
After successful payment, candidates can download the PDF file of e-receipt along with SBI Collect Reference Number. Moreover, candidates have to upload this SBI Collect E-receipt PDF file and enter the SBI Collect Refernce Number to complete the application process.
In order to boost research in academic institutions across the country, the HRD Ministry is creating a dedicated ‘Research and Innovation Division. The division will be headed by a director who will be coordinating research work of various institutions coming under the HRD Ministry.Content Source / Reference Link: https://may2020.pmrf.in/ SAVE AS PDF