Odisha govt. has launched web portal for Harishchandra Sahayata Yojana (HSY). Under this scheme, govt. will provide financial assistance to the needy and poor people for cremation. Accordingly, all the people can then easily perform the last rites and Chief Minister’s Relief Fund (CMRF) Portal will provide service delivery in 16 districts initially. Candidates can access CMRF portal and fill the registration form at cmrfodisha.gov.in
Under the HSY Scheme, govt. will provide assistance to the family of the deceased to perform last rites and rituals. The assistance amount is of Rs. 2,000 in Rural Areas and Rs. 3,000 in urban areas. The state govt. has launched an online application software for the online disbursement of HSY Assistance.
Govt. has also started a Mahaprayan Initiative to free the people from tension of carrying the dead body of the family members from place of death to the cremation / burial place. Govt. has started various dead body carrying vehicles (hearse) from CMRF resources to district hospitals, medical College & hospitals.
Harishchandra Sahayata Yojana Registration Form Procedure
This scheme will ensure healthcare and Bereavement assistance for the needy. Below is the complete procedure to apply online for HSY Scheme:-
- Visit the official website cmrfodisha.gov.in
- On the Homepage, click at the “Apply Online” link under ‘Welcome To Chief Minister’s Relief Fund’ section or directly click this link
- Afterwards, Harishchandra Sahayata Yojana Form will appear as shown below:-
- Here enter the complete details and upload Income Certificate, Aadhaar Card details, Patient’s Identity Proof & Copy of Recommendation. Then, click at the “Submit” button to complete the Registration Process.
Finally, candidates can make the “User Login” to avail the financial assistance for cremation in Odisha – Harishchandra Sahayata Yojana Application Login
Odisha Harishchandra Sahayata Yojana Features
The important features and highlights of this scheme are as follows:-
- The state govt. will provide a financial assistance of Rs. 14 crore from CMRF. Out of this total amount, Rs. 10 core will be directly from CMRF Funds while the remaining 4 crore will come through Collectors.
- In the previous 2 years, govt. has provided assistance of approx. Rs. 32 crore to 1.68 lakh poor and destitute families of deceased.
- Under Mahaprayan Hearse Service, govt. has already provided 39 vehicles for 29 districts along with 3 vehicles for 6 medical colleges.
- CMRF will provide funds for the implementation of Harishchandra Sahayata Yojana, Mahaprayan hearse service & AAHAR programmes.
CM also proposes that the Central govt. should classify CMRF activities under Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) like Prime Minister Relief Fund (PMRF). This would help in universalizing the pro-people initiatives of the Odisha government.