Ministry of External Affairs of Indian government has launched Global Pravasi Rishta Portal at pravasirishta.gov.in. MEA has even launched Global Pravasi Rishta Mobile App to connect with Indian diaspora globally. The launch of new portal and app on 30 December 2020 would help to connect around 3.12 crore Indian across the world. The Global Parvasi website and app would help in creating a three-way communication between the Indian missions, ministry and the Indian diaspora.
Global Pravasi Rishta Portal / App
The Global Pravasi Ristha mobile app will be used by the Indian nationals and diaspora while the portal will be used by the Indian missions. Till there, there are around 3.12 crore overseas Indians globally out of which 1.78 crores are Non Resident Indians (NRIs) and 1.34 crore are Persons of Indian Origin (PIOs).
Global Pravasi Rishta Portal Registration
Here is the direct link to access Global Pravasi Rishta Portal –. The homepage of the Global Pravasi Rishta Portal will appear as shown below:-
At thi page, people who are accessing the portal can select the country name, mission and then select at the “Submit” button. The direct link for Global Pravasi Rishta Portal registration is. Upon clicking this link, the India Pravasi Online Registration Form will appear as shown below:-
Objectives for Global Pravasi Rishta Portal / App Launch
As per the Minister of MEA, central govt. recognizes the significance of the Indian diaspora and has also been engaging them in various ways. One such step is the ‘Global Pravasi Rishta Portal’, through which the government aims at connecting with the Indian community overseas and not ceremonially but at every step.
The portal by the government will also be used for sharing the latest developments by the Ministry of External Affairs, the Indian government with the diaspora members. It will be a giant step in effective and innovative communication channels with NRIs and PIOs.
Salient Features of Global Pravasi Rishta Portal / App
Here are the important features and highlights of the Global Pravasi Rishta Portal / App:-
- The Global Pravasi Rishta Portal has been created to enable the registration of Indian diaspora members i.e. PIOs, NRIs, and the OCIs.
- It would facilitate the central government to connect with the Indian community overseas.
- Global Pravasi Rishta Portal will also facilitate OCIs, PIOs, and NRIs community by connecting them to various existing and new government schemes which will benefit them in various areas of interest.
- The portal will also assist the Indian overseas during any crisis management and will also lend a helping hand to NRIs and PIOs.
- It would enable communication on a real-time basis and will also have the ability to issue advisories and emergency alerts.
- Global Pravasi Rishta Portal will help the Indian diaspora to reach the consular services and officers in time of emergencies.
- The portal will also contain useful information for the Indian diaspora such as information on passport, visa, and other consular services.
- It will also have the details about various events that are organized by the missions and the invites will be sent to diaspora members for greater participation.
- The dynamic nature of the portal and the app will also allow the ministry to take useful opinions of the Indian diaspora on policy issues, conducting surveys, sharing e-newsletters, etc.
Need for Global Pravasi Rishta Portal
Till now, there is no effective channel of communication available with the Ministry of External Affairs (MEA) to connect with the Indian diaspora globally. Hence, the effective connect with them has been a challenge not only during normal situations but also during the time of emergencies.
With the launch of the Global Pravasi Rishta Portal, there will be a 3 way communication between the Indian missions, ministry, and the diaspora which will make engaging with the Indians overseas much easier.