Search and Engineering Research Board (SERB) has launched Accelerate Vigyan (AV) Scheme 2020 portal at acceleratevigyan.gov.in. AV Scheme will provide a big push to high-end scientific research and prepare scientific manpower. Now people can apply online for ABHYAAS program of AV scheme by filling Karyashala / Vritika Online Application Form. The aim of SERB Accelerate Vigyan Yojana by central government is to enable people to venture into research careers and knowledge based economy.
The aim of Accelerate Vigyan Scheme is to expand the research base in the country. It has 3 broad goals namely consolidation / aggregation of all scientific training programs, initiating high-end orientation workshops and creating opportunities for Research Internships. ABHYAAS is a program of AV scheme which is an attempt to boost Research & Development (R&D) in the country.
This ABHYAAS will enable and brushing potential of PG / PhD level students by developing dedicated research skills in
selected areas / disciplines / elds. It is done through 2 components namely High-End Workshops (KARYASHALA) and Research Internships (VRITIKA). The last date to submit the completed application form is 31 August 2020.
SERB Accelerate Vigyan Scheme 2020 Apply Online
Accelerate Vigyan Scheme will initiate and strengthen mechanisms for identifying research potential, mentoring, training and hands-on workshop on a national scale. The ABHYAAS programme under AV Scheme is especially important for those researchers who have limited opportunities to access such learning capacities / facilities / infrastructure. The list of dedicated themes (but not, necessarily restricted to the list) for KARYASHALA can be found at AV web portal whereas there are no specific target themes for VRITIKA. Now we will provide you knowledge about the ABHYAAS apply online process in detail.
ABHYAAS (Karyashala / Vritika) Application Form
This call is announced for inviting the ABHYAAS applications under two components “Karyashala”and “Vritika” for winter season (Dec 2020 -Jan 2021). Below is the complete process to apply online for ABHYAAS programme in SERB Accelerate Vigyan Scheme by filling Karyashala / Vritika online application form:-
- Firstly visit the official SERB Accelerate Vigyan Scheme Portal at acceleratevigyan.gov.in
- At the homepage, click at the “ABHYAAS (Skill Development)” section as shown below:-
- Direct Link – https://acceleratevigyan.gov.in/programs/abhyas
- Upon clicking this link, the new page to apply online for Abhyaas components namely Karyashala (High end workshops) and Vritika (Research Internships) will appear as shown below:-
- Karyashala Apply Online – Upon clicking at the “Apply Now” link under Karyashala section, a new page for this component will open where applicants can click at the “Join Now” tab. Then ‘login’ page will open where new applicants can “register as student”. Accordingly, the Accelerate Vigyan Scheme Abhyaas Karyashala online registration form will appear as shown below:-
- Vritika Apply Online – Upon clicking at the “Apply Now” link under Vritika section, a new page for this component will open where applicants can click at the “Join Now” tab. Then ‘login’ page will open where new applicants can “register as student”. Accordingly, the Accelerate Vigyan Scheme Abhyaas Vritika online application form.
The EO (Faculty/Scientist) should register at Accelerate Vigyan web-portal first and follow the instructions given in the web-portal for the submission of applications.
Who are Eligible for Abhyaas Karyashala / Vritika Scheme
Faculty or Scientists working in Central institutions of higher learning and research such as IITs, IISc, IISERs, NITs and other institutions / laboratories of eminence like CSIR, ICAR, ICMR, etc in the country are invited as Event Organizers (EO) for organizing
high-end Workshops (KARYASHALA) and Research Internships (VRITIKA).
Nature of Support in Accelerate Vigyan Scheme Abhyaas Component
A consolidated amount for daily necessary expenses such as TA, stationary, consumables, accommodation, food, etc for the participating students will be provided by the institute of EOs through SERB funding support. Here is the advertisement of Call for Applications under ABHYAAS (Winter Season) which can be accessed using the link below:-
Duration for Karyashala / Vritika Programme
1. Karyashala – At least 1 week but not more than 2 weeks per workshop.
2. Vritika – At least 4 weeks but not exceeding 2 months per intern.
It is important to note that 1 July 2020 also marks the launch of another new component SAYONJIKA under AV Scheme. It is an open ended program to catalogue the capacity building activities in S&T supported by all government funding agencies in the country.
For more details, visit the official website at https://acceleratevigyan.gov.in/