PM Jal Jeevan Mission Portal Login at jaljeevanmission.gov.in: Prime Minister Narendra Modi in his Independence Day speech from Lal Qila had announced to launch PM Jal Jeevan Mission 2021. Under this Har Ghar Nal Ka Jal Scheme, the central government aims to ensure piped water supply to all households. This Nal Se Jal Scheme is necessary as half of the country’s population does not have access to piped water supply. Jal Jeevan Mission (Har Ghar Jal) is launched to provide assured tap water supply to every rural household of the country by the year 2024. In this article, check JJM objectives, components, login, dashboard, how to access water quality management information system, upload R&D proposal and complete details.
Jal Jeevan Mission (JJM) is implemented by Department of Drinking Water & Sanitation under Ministry of Jal Shakti in partnership with states. Har Ghal Jal Scheme aims to provide adequate drinking water of prescribed quality on regular and long-term basis to every rural family of the country by 2024 year. The central govt. has allocated a whooping Rs. 3.6 lakh crore under PM Jal Jeevan Mission.
PM has also expressed his confidence in making India completely Open Defecation Free (ODF). This Mission focuses on service delivery and not on infrastructure creation. Pradhan Mantri Modi has credited various states, villages and local bodies for building a strong campaign towards it.
What is PM Jal Jeevan Mission 2021
Jal Jeevan Mission, is envisioned to provide safe and adequate drinking water through individual household tap connections by 2024 to all households in rural India. The programme will also implement source sustainability measures as mandatory elements, such as recharge and reuse through grey water management, water conservation, rain water harvesting. The Jal Jeevan Mission will be based on a community approach to water and will include extensive Information, Education and communication as a key component of the mission.
JJM looks to create a jan andolan for water, thereby making it everyone’s priority. Every rural household has drinking water supply in adequate quantity of prescribed quality on regular and long-term basis at affordable service delivery charges leading to improvement in living standards of rural communities.
Mission of Jal Jeevan Mission
Jal Jeevan Mission (JJM) aims to provide assistance, empowerment and facilitation in the following:-
- States/ UTs in planning of participatory rural water supply strategy for ensuring potable drinking water security on long-term basis to every rural household and public institution, viz. GP building, School, Anganwadi centre, Health centre, wellness centres, etc.
- States/ UTs for creation of water supply infrastructure so that every rural household has Functional Tap Connection (FHTC) by 2024 and water in adequate quantity of prescribed quality is made available on regular basis.
- States/ UTs to plan for their drinking water security
- GPs/ rural communities to plan, implement, manage, own, operate and maintain their own in-village water supply systems
- States/ UTs to develop robust institutions having focus on service delivery and financial sustainability of the sector by promoting utility approach
- Capacity building of the stakeholders and create awareness in community on significance of water for improvement in quality of life
- In making provision and mobilization of financial assistance to States/ UTs for implementation of the mission.
Objectives of Jal Jeevan Mission
The broad objectives of the Jal Jeevan Mission are given as follows:-
- To provide FHTC to every rural household.
- To prioritize provision of FHTCs in qualityaffected areas, villages in drought prone and desert areas, Sansad Adarsh Gram Yojana (SAGY) villages, etc.
- To provide functional tap connection to Schools, Anganwadi centres, GP buildings, Health centres, wellness centres and community buildings
- To monitor functionality of tap connections.
- To promote and ensure voluntary ownership among local community by way of contribution in cash, kind and/ or labour and voluntary labour (shramdaan)
- To assist in ensuring sustainability of water supply system, i.e. water source, water supply infrastructure, and funds for regular O&M
- To empower and develop human resource in the sector such that the demands of construction, plumbing, electrical, water quality management, water treatment, catchment protection, O&M, etc. are taken care of in short and long term
- To bring awareness on various aspects and significance of safe drinking water and involvement of stakeholders in manner that make water everyone’s business
Components under Jal Jeevan Mission
The following components are supported under Jal Jeevan Mission (JJM) are as follows:-
- Development of in-village piped water supply infrastructure to provide tap water connection to every rural household
- Development of reliable drinking water sources and/ or augmentation of existing sources to provide long-term sustainability of water supply system
- Wherever necessary, bulk water transfer, treatment plants and distribution network to cater to every rural household
- Technological interventions for removal of contaminants where water quality is an issue
- Retrofitting of completed and ongoing schemes to provide FHTCs at minimum service level of 55 lpcd;
- Greywater management
- Support activities, i.e. IEC, HRD, training, development of utilities, water quality laboratories, water quality testing & surveillance, R&D, knowledge centre, capacity building of communities, etc.
- Any other unforeseen challenges/ issues emerging due to natural disasters/ calamities which affect the goal of FHTC to every household by 2024, as per guidelines of Ministry of Finance on Flexi Funds
Jal Jeevan Mission Portal at jaljeevanmission.gov.in
The direct link to access the Jal Jeevan Mission official portal is https://jaljeevanmission.gov.in/. Here you can Upload R&D Proposals, check Water Quality Management Information System, Dashboard, Login and perform other things. In this article, we will discuss these things in detail.
Upload R&D Proposals
At the jaljeevanmission.gov.in portal, you can upload R&D proposals. These Research and Development proposals must be uploaded at the official website which can be done by clicking “Upload R&D Proposals” buttons at the JJM portal or directly through the link –
Water Quality Management Information System (WQMIS)
At the jaljeevanmission.gov.in portal, you can access Water Quality Management Information System. For this purpose, candidates can click at “Water Quality Management Information System” button at the JJM portal or directly through the link https://neer.icmr.org.in/website/main.php to open the page as below:-
- National Jal Jeevan Mission
- State Water and Sanitation Mission (SWSM)
- District Water and Sanitation Mission (DWSM)
- Paani Samiti / Village Water Sanitation Committee – sub-committee of Gram Panchayat(GP)
- In-village water supply infrastructure
- Regional water supply and distribution network
- Allocation/ earmarking of JJM fund at central level
- Criteria for allocation of fund
- Fund sharing pattern for components of erstwhile NRDWP subsumed under JJM
Total Rural Households as on 17 July 2021 are 18,98,20,205. Rural Household tap connections provided till 17 July 2021 are 7,77,12,833 (40.94%).
- Solar Energy based stand-alone water supply systems for scattered/ isolated/ tribal/ hilly villages
- Community Water Purification Plant (CWPP) in Groundwater Contaminated Areas
- Cold deserts/ hard rock/ hilly/ coastal areas
- Use of technology in planning and monitoring
- Information, Education and Communication (IEC)
- Human Resource Development (HRD) & Training
- Public utility, leadership development and change management
- Skill Development & Entrepreneurship
Water Quality Monitoring
- Frequency of testing
- Water quality monitoring in quality – affected areas
- List of training and IEC activities
e Jalshakti Water Dashboard for Household Connection
First of all, visit the official Jal Jeevan Mission Portal at https://jaljeevanmission.gov.in/. At the homepage, click at the “Dashboard” tab present in the main menu or directly click https://ejalshakti.gov.in/jjmreport/JJMIndia.aspx to open JJM Dashboard as below:-
Jal Jeevan Mission Portal Login
First of all, visit the official Jal Jeevan Mission Portal at https://jaljeevanmission.gov.in/. At the homepage, click at the “Login” tab present in the main menu or directly click https://ejalshakti.gov.in/imisreports/ to open Jal Jeevan Mission Login as below:-
Need for PM Jal Jeevan Mission
Even after 70 years of Independence, around 50% of the Indian people does not access to drinking water. Different government’s at the central and state level have worked towards it, but the reality remains the same. People, particularly women, have to walk miles to get drinking water. So from Red Fort, PM Modi had announced the Jal Jeevan Mission. The official notification for Jal Jeevan Mission can be checked using the link here – https://jalshakti-ddws.gov.in/sites/default/files/JJM_note.pdf
Fund Allocation for Jal Jeevan Mission
The central govt. along with the state governments will move forward towards the Jal Jeevan Mission in the upcoming years. Accordingly for this, govt. will spend a huge amount of Rs. 3.6 lakh crore. All the efforts would be made to conserve water and rejuvenate water sources. For water conservation, efforts needs to quadruple in the upcoming 5 years as compared to what was done in past 7 decades.
Jal Shakti Ministry to Ensure Har Ghar Jal
The central govt. is committed to provide piped water supply to all households by 2024. Now the central govt. has brought all water related ministries under 1 new Jal Shakti Ministry. The new ministry is going to look at the management of water resources and water supply in an integrated and holistic manner. Govt. will now work with states to ensure Har Ghar Jal to all rural families by 2024 under Jal Jeevan Mission.
PM Narendra Modi Launching Jal Jeevan Mission
While officially launching the Jal Jeevan Mission, PM Modi quoted the Saint Thiruvalluvar from Tamil Nadu state. He said “if water gets over, the work of nature stops and it would result in destruction.” PM has also quoted Jain Monk Buddhi Sagar who predicted that water would be sold in grocery shops. Currently, people are forced to buy water from such shops. He emphasized that Jal Jeevan Mission should not be a govt. initiative alone. Rather, it must be a mission of people just like Swachh Bharat Abhiyan.
Office of Mission Director, National Jal Jeevan Mission (NJJM), Department of Drinking Water And Sanitation, Ministry of Jal Shakti, Government Of India
Address: 4th Floor, Pandit Deendayal Antyodaya Bhawan, CGO Complex, Lodhi Road, New Delhi-110003