Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (MEITY) of Central government has launched Cyber Surakshit Bharat Programme for Cybersecurity. In this article, we will tell you about the Cyber Surakshit Bharat objectives, training calendar, batch size, target audience, course overview, industry partners, components. Moreover, interested candidates who wants to get training can check registration / nomination process, cut off date for confirmation of nominations, steps to follow while applying online for Cyber Surakshit Bharat initiative.
What is Cyber Surakshit Bharat Programme 2023
The background of Cyber Surakshit Bharat Programme is now described here. Digital India is a key initiative for the country. In light of the recent attacks, there is increased focus on cyber safety. Recognizing the need to strengthen the cyber security ecosystem in India, and in alignment with the Honourable Prime Minister’s vision for a ‘Digital India’, the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (MeitY), launched the Cyber Surakshit Bharat initiative in association with National e-Governance Division (NeGD) and industry partners.
Chief Information Security Officers (CISOS) Deep Dive Training
The purpose of the Cyber Surakshit Bharat Programme is to spread awareness, build capacity as well as enable government departments on steps that need to be taken to create a Cyber Resilient IT set up.
Officers of following profile from Central and State/UT Governments and subordinate agencies/PSUs, including public sector Banks and Insurance companies, technical wings of police and security forces:-
- Designated Chief Information Security Officers (CISOs),
- CTOS and Member of Technical /PMU teams, Officers responsible to observe security of the IT systems in their respective organizations
Batch Size under Cyber Surakshit Bharat Programme would be of maximum 50 participants.
Cyber Surakshit Bharat Programme Objective
The objective of the programme is to educate & enable the Chief Information Security Officers (CISO) & broader IT community to address the challenges of cyber security.
- Create awareness on the emerging landscape of cyber threats
- Provide in-depth understanding on key activities, new initiatives, challenges and related solutions
- Applicable frameworks, guidelines & policies related to the subject
- Share best practices to learn from success & failures
- Provide key inputs to take informed decision on Cyber Security related issues in their respective functional area
The 5 days residential regional training programme which was supposed to be conducted physically in 5-6 major cities across country will now be conducted online in view of pandemic and it will be for 6 days duration. The following areas are covered in detail, from the practitioner perspective, by experts from Government and leading industries in the area.
- Darknet and darkweb
- D-DOS attack, service disruption
- Common attack techniques (OS Vulnerabilities)
- Data Classification and leveling
- Active testing, Black hat testing
- Cryptography and PKI, Digital Signature
- e-Sign Architecture, Flow and Usecase
- Load Balancing and Secure Network Architecting
- BCP/DR, Methods to contain attacks and ensure high availability
- IT act and related legislation
- Authentication Protocols
- Social media management
- Creating security baselines (Network Protocol Vulnerabilities)
- Data Protection
- Log management, tracing, tracking and analysis
- Cyber Forensic and Cyber Resilience
- Cloud Virtualization and Virtualization Security
- Security at Hosting Infrastructure – Cloud
- Incident Handling Mechanism and Response System
- Emerging technology – Opportunities and Threats
Interested candidates may apply online through http://tmis.negd.in/ portal. Only online nominations will be entertained. The confirmation of participation and details of venue/ change in date, if any, will only be communicated to the registered email ID. Please ensure online registration using official and active email ID. Those who have already attended the previous training programmes shall not be nominated.
Cut Off Date For Confirmation of Nominations
One week prior to the date of programme. For example, the cut off date for programme scheduled on 13 December 2021 will be, 6 December 2021.
Steps to Follow for Cyber Surakshit Bharat Registration
- To register for the programme please create your login on TMIS portal (preferably, using official email ID).
- Complete your profile once your login is created.
- Register for specific programme by clicking on the link.
Considering the limited batch size, please that only short listed applications will be communicated with confirmation of their participation in the programme. Those who do not get the confirmation mail & invitation to attend the programme, may reapply for the next respective programme.
Upcoming Training Calendar
|13TH – 18TH DECEMBER 2021||50|
|17TH – 22ND JANUARY 2022||50|
|7TH – 12TH FEBRUARY 2022||50|
|4TH – 9TH APRIL 2022||50|
|9TH – 14TH MAY 2022||50|
|6TH – 11 TH JUNE 2022||50|
|27TH JUNE – 2ND JULY 2022||50|
|25TH – 30TH JULY 2022||50|
|22ND – 27TH AUGUST 2022||50|
|19TH – 24TH SEPTEMBER 2022||50|
Please note that the timing of training is from 10 am to 5 pm with sufficient breaks to avoid eyestrain and nominated officers are expected to attend the training for full duration.
- EY – building a better working world
- National Informatics Centre
- STOC Certification
Designed and Organized by National e-Governance Division (NeGD)
Cyber Surakshit Bharat Components
This initiative comprises of 3 components of Awareness, Education and Enablement. Accordingly, this initiative will generate awareness on cyber-security.
For nomination related queries please contact:
National e-Governance Division Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (MeitY), 4th Floor Electronics Niketan, 6, CGO Complex, Lodhi Road, New Delhi – 110003
Email: [email protected] Phone: 011-24303714, 24301931
For more details on Cyber Surakshit Bharat, click the link given here – https://www.meity.gov.in/cyber-surakshit-bharat-programme