Central Government has launched a new E-Way Bill Portal to facilitate GST E-Way Bill Registration. Now, all the tax-payers can generate e-way bill online which is essential for the movement of goods across the country. Accordingly, transporters can access the portal and make enrollment through the official website ewaybill.nic.in / ewaybillgst.gov.in
Subsequently, transporters have to make registration every time for transportation of goods worth Rs. 50,000. So, central govt. is going to make this inter state e-way bill compulsory from 1 February 2018. Moreover, govt. will make this inter state and intra state e-way bill compulsory from 1 June 2018.
GoM has announced that the Central govt. is going to implement GST E-way Bill from 1 April 2018. In the 26th cabinet meeting, final decision on the roll-out of GST E-way Bill (inter state) will remain 1 April as per the GST Council decision on 10th March 2018. Make e way bill login at the e way bill system / e way bill portal.
Till now 10 states namely Karnataka, Rajasthan, Uttarakhand, Kerala, Haryana, Bihar, Maharashtra, Gujarat, Sikkim, Jharkhand have already started using e-way bill through GST Network (GSTN). National Informatics Center (NIC) has developed this portal.
GST E-Way Bill Online Registration Procedure
Below are the complete details to make online registration:-
- Firstly visit the official website E Way Bill System – ewaybill.nic.in / ewaybillgst.gov.in
- Subsequently on the homepage, click the “e-way bill Registration” link present at the right side of the page.
- Direct Link – Businesses can directly click this link to make online registration.
- The E-Way Bill Registration Form will appear as follows:-
- Here candidates have to fill the GSTIN Number, click the captcha and then click the Go option to make online registration.
Even the transporters and citizens can make online enrollment and thus can make Login at the official website.
Transporters Enrollment Online Application Procedure
The complete procedure to apply online has been specified below:-
- Firstly visit the official website ewaybill.nic.in
- Accordingly, click the “Enrollment for Transporters” link present at the right side of the page.
- Direct Link – To make online enrollment, transporters can directly click Enrolment For Transporters
- The E-Way Bill Enrollment Form for the Transporters will appear as shown below:-
- Accordingly, candidates have to fill the enrollment form along with the complete details.
- Finally, candidates have to click the “Submit” button.
This E-Way Bill is based on the motto “One Nation, One Tax, One Market”. VAT Authorities has already issued printed booklet to all the businesses / dealers who are regularly paying taxes. Accordingly, the central govt. is going to make the inter state and intra state e-way bill mandatory from 1 June 2018.
Intra-State E-Way Bill System in AP, MP, Puducherry, Sikkim & Meghalaya (Update on 25 April 2018)
Central govt. has successfully rolled out Inter-State E-Way Bill from 1 April 2018 as per the decision of GST Council. Now govt. is going to roll-out Intra-State E-Way Bill across 5 more states from 25 April 2018. Now e-way bill will get rolled out in Arunachal Pradesh, Madhya Pradesh, Puducherry, Sikkim & Meghalaya. Candidates will have to make e-way bill registration through e-way bill login at portal ewaybillgst.gov.in
Till 20 April 2018, intra-state e way bill system has been rolled-out in the states of Andhra Pradesh, Bihar, Gujarat, Haryana, Himachal Pradesh, Jharkhand, Karnataka, Kerala, Telangana, Tripura, Uttarakhand and Uttar Pradesh. Accordingly till 22 April 2018, more than 1 crore 84 lakh e-way bills are generated successfully including 22 lakh Intra-State e-way bills.
E-Way Bill Registration ensures transparency and minimizes corruption to a great extent. E-Way Bill System is a mechanism to track movement of goods / cargo in GST Regime.
Intra-State E-Way Bill System 2018 Roll-Out
E-Way Bill roll-out is carried out in phases as this strategy will manage load on e-way bill portal. All the transporters will have to generate e-way bills for cargo movement under GST regime for goods having value of Rs. 50,000 or more and with distance beyond 10 km. Any Transporter, supplier or recipient can utilize this intra-state e-way bill. State Wise E-Way Bill Roll out is given in the table given below:-
Date Wise Roll-Out of Intra State E-Way Bill
|Date||Name of States|
|1 April 2018||Karnataka|
|15 April 2018||Andhra Pradesh, Kerala, Gujarat, Telangana, Uttar Pradesh (View Details)|
|20 April 2018||Bihar, Haryana, Himachal Pradesh, Jharkhand, Tripura, Uttarakhand|
|25 April 2018||Arunachal Pradesh, Meghalaya, Madhya Pradesh, Puduchhery, Sikkim|
GST E-Way Bill Portal has the capacity to generate 75 lakh e-way bills per day. National Informatics Center (NIC) is implementing nationwide e-way bill mechanism to facilitate trade and industry. This is going to become compulsory from 1 June 2018 as per the decision of GST Council. For more details, visit the official website ewaybillgst.gov.in
This e-way bill system is based on the tagline – “One Nation, One Market, One Tax”. Central govt. is making every possible effort to successfully roll-out nation wide e-way bills for transportation of goods. All the traders and industries of the above mentioned states can see rules and then make e-way bill registration and make login at the portal https://www.ewaybillgst.gov.in as soon as possible.
Intra-State E-Way Bill System in AP, Kerala, Gujarat, Telangana & UP (Update on 15 April 2018)
Central govt. has rolled out the inter-state E-Way Bill across the country from 1 April 2018. E-Way Bill System is a mechanism to track movement of cargo in GST Regime. Now govt. will roll-out Intra-State E-Way Bill system across 5 states from 15 April 2018. These states includes Andhra Pradesh, Gujarat, Kerala, Telangana and Uttar Pradesh.
E-Way Bill Registration ensures transparency and prevents corruption to a great extent. This will also prevent leakage of Rs. 10,000 crore in business to consumer transactions. Karnataka govt. has rolled out both inter-state and intra-state e-way bill system in the state from 1 April 2018.
Previously, inter state roll out was deferred in the month of February due to technical glitches caused because of more traffic.
What is Intra-State E-Way Bill System 2018
GST Council has rolled out inter-state system in staggered manner. Around 61% of the total generated e-way bills (till 9 April) are in these 5 states – Gujarat, Uttar Pradesh, Telangana, Andhra Pradesh and Kerala. Now govt. will launch intra-state e-way bill in these 5 states from 15 April 2018.
Phase Wise E-Way Bill roll-out strategy will manage load on the e-way bill portal. Now all the transporters needs to carry e-way bills for movement of goods with value more than Rs. 50,000 with distance beyond 10 km. E-Way Bill can be generated for any of the 3 entities – transporters, supplier and recipient.
Till 9 April 2018, around 60 lakh people have generated e-way bills. This system has the capacity to generate 75 lakh e-way bills in a single day. National Informatics Center (NIC) is given the responsibility to implement nation-wide e-way bill mechanism under GST Regime. This facility will result in enhancement of trade and industry.
E-Way Bill Portal has been stable till date in generating bills. All the transporters who are still facing some problems on bill generation will soon get their query resolved soon. Now, central govt. has successfully rolled out e-way bill system and same is expected for inter-state roll out. Central govt. will assess the volume load and will also take care of making intra-state e-way bill registration successful. For more details, visit the official website ewaybillgst.gov.in
GST E Way Bill System – How to Generate E-Way Bill & Rules For Transporters (Update on 28 March 2018)
Central government is going to make gst e-way bill compulsory for inter state movement of goods from 1 April 2018. GST Council has simplified E Way Bill System for easy operations for tax payers and transporters. People can see rules and other details on how to generate e way bill and its format in pdf. Candidates can make registration at e-way bill portal and then make login at ewaybillgst.gov.in
This bill is compulsory for the inter state movement of goods having consignment value of more than Rs. 50,000. All the suppliers and recipient of goods can see rules and generate this bill through online gst e way bill registration.
This is a major step towards “One Nation, One Tax and One Market” and will ensure transparency in inter state movement of goods. Operations for Intra State Movement of goods will be available in phased manner.
What are Simplified Rules for GST E Way Bill System
The simplified rules of E Way Bill System for suppliers and recipients are specified as follows:-
- Central govt. will roll out / implement gst e-way bill from 1 April 2018 for inter state movement of commodities. Till then, people can generate e-way bill on voluntary basis.
- All the suppliers / recipients can make e way bill registration before 1 April on the e-way bill portal ewaybillgst.gov.in by their GSTIN.
- This bill is necessary only for the consignments whose value is more than Rs. 50,000 (including tax). However, e way bill gst will not include value of exempted goods.
- In case, the value of individual consignment of goods is less than Rs. 50,000 then no bill is required. Moreover no e-way bill is required even if the total added value (aggregate) of all such consignments in single conveyance exceeds Rs. 50,000.
- If the movement of goods is related to job work, then supplier / registered job worker must generate e-way bill.
- Suppliers can give authority to transporters, courier agency and other e-commerce operators to fill PART-A of e-way bill system on the behalf of supplier.
- In case the place of supplier’s business and transporter’s business is less than 50 kms then only PART A is to be filled (PART-B not required).
- The validity period of e-way bill is the time frame in which receipt accepts / rejects the consignment or 72 hours (whichever is earlier).
- In case of delivery of goods through railways / air / vessel, either supplier or receipt can generate e way bill no the transporters. Moreover, this bill needs to be shown at the delivery time.
- Validity of E-Way Bill in a one day is upto 100 kms (20 km in case of over-dimensional cargo). After 100 km, there is one another day.
All the rules have been simplified for the suppliers and recipients for successful implementation of GST E Way Bill System.
GST Council Approves E-Way Bill for Transporters, Compulsory (Update on 18 Dec 2017)
GST Council of the Central Government rolls out PAN India E-Way Bill for goods transportation and makes it compulsory from 1 June 2018. Subsequently, all the transporters have to secure an electronic-way (e-way) bill for the transportation of goods of Rs. 50,000 or more value within the boundaries of state (intra-state) or outside the state (inter-state).
This E-way Bill will bring uniformity in the intra-state and inter-state movement of goods. GST Council will put forward the national e-way bill system for implementation till 16 January 2018 for trial. Moreover, states can choose any date for its compulsory implementation before 1 June 2018.
This bill is introduced to remove the disruptions in the movement of goods in the entire country. This document for this bill will be provided from 1 April 2018 and is compulsory for all transporters after 1 June 2018.
E-Way Bill Generation Mechanism
The procedure to generate e-way bill is as follows:-
- Firstly, candidates have to make registration on the GST Portal
- Subsequently, both the suppliers and transporters must upload the details of consignment of goods on the portal.
- Afterwards the supplier, transporter and the recipient will get a unique E-Way Bill Number (EBN).
Reasons To Implement E-Way Bill
The reasons for the early implementation of this bill are as follows:-
- Downfall in the revenue on account of Goods and Services Tax.
- Tax evasion
- Un-accountability of tax payers on goods crossing the border of the state.
Moreover, the inter state electronic-way bill is compulsory from 1 February 2018 for inter state movement of goods. In addition to this, intra-state e-Way bill is compulsory from 1 June 2018 for movement of goods within state.
This bill is necessary to prevent tax evasions. Central Govt. makes this bill compulsory as the govt. notices some serious gaps in the system for goods movement. This bill will forcefully maintain the accountability of tax payer if the invoices are not matched.