bharatkeveer.gov.in or Bharat Ke Veer is a new web Portal launched by the central government for the general public to make donations to the families of martyrs and soldiers of Indian Armed forces. Using the bharatkeveer.gov.in portal, anyone who wish to support the families of martyrs can donate online. The web portal and app has been launched by the Ministry of Home Affairs in order to pay homage to the brave-hearts who have laid down their lives in order to protect their country and citizens.
bharatkeveer.gov.in – Bharat Ke Veer Web Portal
The main objective of the Bharat Ke Veer portal is to enable general public help the families of martyrs by donating money online directly to the individual braveheart’s account or to Bharat Ke Veer corpus. Braveheart’s from the following armed forces are among the major forces included in the Bharat Ke Veer Portal for contribution.
- Assam Rifles (AR) engaged in border guarding along Indo-Myanmar border, as well as in counter insurgency operations in the North East.
- Border Security Force (BSF) guards India’s borders with Pakistan and Bangladesh, and are also deployed for anti insurgency operations.
- Central Industrial Security Force (CISF) provides security to the key sectors including Airports, Metro systems, important industries in the public and private Sector, heritage monuments, Government buildings and security to protected persons.
- Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) is the primary force for internal security including anti naxal operations, counter insurgency duties in J&K and North East, and Law & Order problems.
- Indo-Tibetan Border Police (ITBP) guards Indias borders with China. Specially trained to operate in high altitude mountainous terrain, it is also engaged in internal security duties from time to time.
- National Disaster Response Force (NDRF) is for specialized response to natural and man-made disasters, saving lives and livelihood and prepares communities in disaster resilience and disaster risk reduction.
- National Security Guard (NSG)is a Special Force mandated to conduct counter-terrorist, counter-hijack, and hostage-rescue operations as well as provide `mobile security to designated protectees.
- Sashastra Seema Bal (SSB) with the motto of “Service Security Brotherhood” is primarily mandated to guard Indias borders with Nepal and Bhutan. The force is also performing internal security duties and is deployed to deal with LWE / Counter-insurgency in many states.
Following is the procedure to make the online donation/contribution to the individual account of the braveheart’s.
How to Donate Online on Bharat Ke Veer Portal
STEP 1: To make online donation/contribution, you first need to visit the Bharat Ke Veer Portal at
STEP 2: If you want to make contribution then you need to you need to scroll over the “Contribute to” tab at the homepage and then click at “Bravehearts” link if you want to contribute to the individual account or if you want to contribute to Bharat Ke Veer corpus fund then click “Bharat ke Veer Corpus Fund” link in the menu as seen in the image below.
STEP 3: Upon clicking the “Bravehearts” link or clicking at, you can select the individual soldier from the displayed list or search one and make desired contribution.
STEP 4: Upon clicking at “Bharat Ke Veer Corpus Fund” link or clicking at, then simply fill in details such as mobile number and click at “Send OTP” button.
If transaction fails at any stage and money is deducted from your card/account, Please wait and don’t attempt further. It will succeed. If amount has been debited, Certificate will be generated after the transaction is cleared through payment gateway. It may take 24 Hrs. to 72 Hrs. in some cases. This certificate can be download from ‘My Contribution‘ tab.
The amount donated through Bharat Ke Veer Portal bharatkeveer.gov.in will be credited to the account of ‘Next of Kin’ of those Central Armed Police Force/Central Para Military Force soldiers.
Guidelines for Donation at Bharat Ke Veer Portal
- You can donate directly to individual braveheart’s account (upto max of Rs. 15 lakhs) or may donate to the Bharat Ke Veer corpus.
- To ensure maximum coverage, a cap of Rs. 15 lakhs is envisaged per braveheart and the donor would be alerted if the amount exceeds Rs. 15 lakhs, so that they can choose to either decrease their contribution or divert part of the contribution to another bravehearts account, or to the Bharat Ke Veer corpus.
- Bharat Ke Veer corpus would be managed by a committee made up of eminent persons of repute and senior government officials, in equal number, who would decide to disburse the fund equitably to the bravehearts family on need basis.
If you wish to support this cause, click here to contribute –
Generation of Contribution Certificate on Clearing Payment
For all contributions made through this portal, certificates will be generated only after the transaction is cleared through payment gateway. It may take 24 Hrs. to 72 Hrs. in some cases. Certificates for contributions made through UPI-Bharatkeveer@sbi will be generated later.
Contribution Exemption under Income Tax Act
Contribution is exempted under Section 80(G) of Income Tax Act and exemption is valid from assessment year 2019-2020 i.e from Financial year 2018-19, Check Income Tax Exemption Notification
You can contribute financially to the family of our Bravehearts who sacrificed their lives in line of duty. NRIs holding A/c in indian banks can also contribute through Internet Banking. International Credit/Debit card holders can also contribute with their cards.
Bharat Ke Veer App Download from Google Play Store
The brave soldiers of Central Armed Police Forces (CAPF) fight a daily battle to safeguard India’s external and internal security. Protecting the hostile boarders in the west with Pakistan and in the north and east with China; and facing the threats generated by the militants in Jammu and Kashmir, insurgency in the north-east; and Maoist extremists in central and east India, to keep us safe. One soldier loses his/her life every third day and one is permanently incapacitated.
Bharat Ke Veer mobile app is an initiative for the citizens to pay homage to the bravehearts in Central Armed Police Forces who laid down their lives in the line of duty. Using this app, individuals can contribute directly into the bank accounts of the braveheart’s kin, or to the “Bharat Ke Veer” corpus. The direct link to download Bharat Ke Veer App from Google Play Store is given here – https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=appthemartyrs.in.nic.bih.onlineapp.appthemartyrs&hl=en_IN&gl=US
The page to download Bharat Ke Veer Mobile App from google playstore for android smartphone users will appear as below:-
Bharat Ke Veer App on Apple App Store
Here is the direct link to download Bharat Ke Veer App on apple app store – https://apps.apple.com/us/app/bharat-ke-veer/id1241907467
Benefits of Bharat Ke Veer App
To ensure maximum coverage, a cap of 15 lakhs is envisaged per braveheart and the donor would be alerted if the amount exceeds Rs 15 lakhs, so that they can choose to either decrease their contribution or divert part of the donation to another braveheart’s account, or to the “Bharat Ke Veer” corpus.
“Bharat Ke Veer” corpus would be managed by a committee made up of eminent persons of repute and senior government officials, in equal number, who would decide to disburse the fund equitably to the braveheart’s family on need basis. There is no limit to contribution to “Bharat Ke Veer” corpus. Payments through this app is powered by State Bank of India
IMAGE SOURCE AND CREDITS: https://bharatkeveer.gov.in