ABHA Health ID Card Registration has been started by central government at abdm.gov.in. ABHA Health Card is a very important part of Ayushman Bharat Digital Mission. Any person can generate their personal ABHA Number by applying online. For creation of Ayushman Bharat Health Account Number, applicants can make registration and login for new ABHA ID. National Health Authority (NHA) has been selected by Union govt. of India to facilitate creation of national health cards in India. Android smartphone users can even download ABHA App or NDHM Health Records app from google play store.
ABHA Health ID Card Registration 2023
Your ABHA Number is a hassle-free method of accessing and sharing your health records digitally. ABHA Health ID Card number enables your interaction with participating healthcare providers, and allows you to receive your digital lab reports, prescriptions and diagnosis seamlessly from verified healthcare professionals and health service providers. In this article, we will tell you about the complete process of ABHA Health Card online registration at ABDM website at abdm.gov.in.
How to Create Your ABHA Number
Below is the complete process to create your own Ayushman Bharat Health Account Number or ABHA ID:-
STEP 1: Firstly visit the official website of Ayushman Bharat Digital Mission at abdm.gov.in or alternately at healthid.ndhm.gov.in
STEP 2: At the homepage, click on “Create your ABHA Number” section.
STEP 3: Direct Link for ABHA Health ID Card Registration – https://healthid.abdm.gov.in/register or https://healthid.ndhm.gov.in/register
STEP 4: Then the page to apply online for ABHA Health ID will open as shown below:-
STEP 5: ABHA ID can be generated via aadhaar card or through driving licence. Even if you don’t have any IDs or you don’t want to use IDs for creating ABHA, you can apply here.
STEP 6: Registered users can make login to get Ayushman Bharat Health Account Number.
Note – Health ID has now been renamed to Ayushman Bharat Health Account (ABHA). This does not impact existing functionalities and you can continue using your account as before.
Why Create ABHA ID (National Health ID)
Using ABHA (earlier known as Health ID) is the first step towards creating safer and efficient digital health records for you and your family. You can opt-in to create a digitally secure ABHA, which allows you to access and share your health data with your consent, with participating healthcare providers and payers.
Salient Features of ABHA Health Card
Here are some of the most striking features of ABHA Health ID Card:-
- Digital Health Records – Access your information right from admission to treatment and discharge in a paperless manner
- Easy sign up – Create your ABHA using only your basic information alongwith Mobile Number, or Aadhaar
- Voluntary Opt-In – Participate at your own free will and choose to create your ABHA voluntarily
- Voluntary Opt-Out – You can request erasure of your data anytime from ABHA Health ID Card
- Personal Health Records (PHR) – Access and link your Personal Health Records (PHR) with ABHA to create longitudinal health history
- Easy PHR Sign Up – Create easy to remember PHR Address
- Consent based access – Access to your health data is provided after your clear and informed consent. You have the ability to manage and revoke consent, if needed.
- Access to doctors – ABHA Health ID Card enables access to verified doctors across the country
- Secure and Private – Built with robust security and encryption mechanisms and no information is shared without your consent.
- Child ABHA – Create ABHA Health ID Card for your child and thus create digital health records right from birth
- Add a nominee – Add nominee to access your ABHA and view or help manage your records
- Inclusive access – Available to people with smartphones, feature phones, and even no phones using assisted methods
Short Info on Ayushman Bharat Health Account Number
Abha Health ID Card number is important to standardize the process of identification of an individual across healthcare providers. This is the only way to ensure that the created medical records are issued to the correct individual or accessed by Health Information User through appropriate consent. In order to issue the UHID, the system must collect certain basic details including demographic and location, family/relationship, and contact details. Ability to update contact information easily is the key.
The ABHA Number will be used for the purposes of uniquely identifying persons, authenticating them, and threading their health records (only with the informed consent of the patient) across multiple systems and stakeholders.
Download ABHA App from Google Play Store
Here is the direct link to download ABHA App from google play store – https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=in.ndhm.phr
On clicking this link, the page for downloading Abha App or NDHM Health Records App will appear as shown below:-
You can simply click on the “Install” button and the ABHA App will automatically start downloading on your smartphone / laptop.
About NDHM Health Records App
NDHM Health Records is a personal health viewer app from National Health Authority, Govt of India. On ABHA Health ID Card generate app, citizens can get a longitudinal view of the personal health record by creating and linking the health ID with the visited health care facilities.This app helps the citizens to maintain their health record at one place. The services provided by the ABHA Health ID Card app to the citizens are as follows:-
- Option to Create a unique Health ID to manage the health records
- Option to Link the health ID with various health care facilities including Hospital, Clinic and Labs
- Option to Request the health data from the linked health care facilities on to the phone and have a longitudinal view of the health data at the finger tips.
- Option to deny or grant permission, If any doctors, labs or clinics request to view the health data
About Ayushman Bharat Digital Mission (ABDM)
National Digital Health Mission (NDHM) has been renamed to Ayushman Bharat Digital Mission (ABDM). The Health ID has now been renamed to Ayushman Bharat Health Account (ABHA) by central government. The new ABHA health card registration does not impact existing functionalities and you can continue using your account as before. Read this article to know each and every aspect of scheme at Ayushman Bharat Digital Mission website at abdm.gov.in.
Ayushman Bharat Digital Mission Website
Ayushman Bharat Digital Mission (ABDM) website link functional at https://abdm.gov.in/. At this website, you can get complete information on ABDM as well as you can generate your own ABHA Health ID Card.
The Ayushman Bharat Digital Mission (ABDM) aims to develop the backbone necessary to support the integrated digital health infrastructure of the country. It will bridge the existing gap amongst different stakeholders of Healthcare ecosystem through digital highways. The ABDM Ecosystem includes:-
- Central government
- State Governments
- Program Managers
- Development Partners / NGOs
- Other Practitioners
- Doctors, Modern Medicines, AYUSH
- Health Tech Companies
- TPAs, Insurers
- Labs, Pharmacies, Wellness Centers
- Hospitals, Clinics
ABDM to Replace National Digital Health Mission (NDHM)
Ayushman Bharat Digital Mission will replace National Digital Health Mission (NDHM). ABDM aims to create a national digital health ecosystem that supports universal health coverage in an efficient, accessible, inclusive, affordable, timely and safe manner. ABDM will provide a wide-range of data, information and infrastructure services, duly leveraging open, interoperable, standards-based digital systems, and ensures the security, confidentiality and privacy of health-related personal information.
Objectives of Ayushman Bharat Digital Mission
Here are the main objectives of Ayushman Bharat Digital Mission (ABDM):-
- To strengthen the accessibility and equity of health services, including continuum of care with citizen as the owner of data, in a holistic healthcare programme approach leveraging IT & associated technologies and support the existing health systems in a ‘citizen-centric’ approach, the ABDM envisages the following specific objectives:
- To establish state-of-the-art digital health systems, to manage the core digital health data, and the infrastructure required for its seamless exchange;
- To establish registries at appropriate level to create single source of truth in respect of clinical establishments, healthcare professionals, health workers, drugs and pharmacies;
- To enforce adoption of open standards by all national digital health stakeholders;
- To create a system of personal health records, based on international standards, easily accessible to individuals and healthcare professionals and services providers, based on individual’s informed consent;
- To promote development of enterprise-class health application systems with a special focus on achieving the Sustainable Development Goals for health;
- To adopt the best principles of cooperative federalism while working with the States and Union Territories for the realization of the vision;
- To ensure that the healthcare institutions and professionals in the private sector participate actively with public health authorities in the building of the ABDM, through a combination of prescription and promotion;
- To ensure national portability in the provision of health services through ABHA Health ID Card;
- To promote the use of clinical decision support (CDS) systems by health professionals and practitioners;
- To promote a better management of the health sector leveraging health data analytics and medical research;
- To provide for enhancing the efficiency and effectiveness of governance at all levels;
- To support effective steps being taken for ensuring quality of healthcare; and
- To strengthen existing health information systems, by ensuring their conformity with the defined standards and integration with the proposed ABDM.
The current strong public digital infrastructure – including that related to Aadhaar, Unified Payments Interface and wide reach of the Internet and mobile phones (JAM trinity) – provides a strong platform for establishing the building blocks of ABDM. The existing ability to digitally identify people, doctors, and health facilities, facilitate electronic signatures, ensure non-repudiable contracts, make paperless payments, securely store digital records, and contact people provide opportunities to streamline healthcare information through digital management.
Ayushman Bharat – Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana (AB-PMJAY) has successfully used the available public digital infrastructure to provide end-to-end services through an information technology (IT) platform from identification of beneficiaries to their admission and treatment in hospitals to their discharge and paperless payment to hospitals. The experience of AB-PMJAY can be leveraged to expand the reach of digital health to all residents and develop an open and inter-operable health management system that empowers residents, healthcare providers, the Government and researchers.
Emerging technologies such as artificial intelligence, the internet of things (IoT), Blockchain and cloud computing provide additional opportunities for facilitating a more holistic digital health ecosystem, that can increase the equitable access to health services, improve health outcomes and reduce costs.
Benefits of Ayushman Bharat Digital Mission
- The implementation of ABDM is expected to significantly improve the efficiency, effectiveness, and transparency of health service delivery overall. Patients will be able to securely store and access their medical records (such as prescriptions, diagnostic reports and discharge summaries), and share them with health care providers to ensure appropriate treatment and follow-up. They will also have access to more accurate information on health facilities and service providers. Further, they will have the option to access health services remotely through tele-consultation and e-pharmacy. ABDM will empower individuals with accurate information to enable informed decision making and increase accountability of healthcare providers.
- ABDM will provide choice to individuals to access both public and private health services, facilitate compliance with laid down guidelines and protocols, and ensure transparency in pricing of services and accountability for the health services being rendered.
- Similarly, health care professionals across disciplines will have better access to patient’s medical history (with the necessary informed consent) for prescribing more appropriate and effective health interventions. The integrated ecosystem will also enable better continuum of care. ABDM will help digitize the claims process and enable faster reimbursement. This will enhance the overall ease of providing services amongst the health care providers.
- At the same time, policy makers and programme managers will have better access to data, enabling more informed decision making by the Government. Better quality of macro and micro-level data will enable advanced analytics, usage of health-biomarkers and better preventive healthcare. It will also enable geography and demography-based monitoring and appropriate decision making to inform design and strengthen implementation of health programmes and policies.
- Finally, researchers will greatly benefit from the availability of such aggregated information as they will be able to study and evaluate the effectiveness of various programmes and interventions. ABDM would facilitate a comprehensive feedback loop between researchers, policymakers, and providers.
Ayushman Bharat Digital Mission (ABDM) Components
There are 4 basic components of Ayushman Bharat Digital Mission which are listed here.
ABHA Number or Health ID
ABHA Number is important to standardize the process of identification of an individual across healthcare providers. This is the only way to ensure that the created medical records are issued to the correct individual or accessed by Health Information User through appropriate consent. In order to issue the ABHA Health ID Card Number (UHID), the system must collect certain basic details including demographic and location, family/relationship, and contact details. Ability to update contact information easily is the key. The ABHA Health ID Card will be used for the purposes of uniquely identifying persons, authenticating them, and threading their health records (only with the informed consent of the patient) across multiple systems and stakeholders.
Healthcare Professionals Registry (HPR)
It is a comprehensive repository of all healthcare professionals involved in delivery of healthcare services across both modern and traditional systems of medicine. Enrolling in the Healthcare Professionals Registry will enable them to get connected to India’s digital health ecosystem.
Health Facility Registry (HFR)
It is a comprehensive repository of health facilities of the nation across different systems of medicine. It includes both public and private health facilities including hospitals, clinics, diagnostic laboratories and imaging centers, pharmacies, etc. Enrolling in the Health Facility Registry will enable them to get connected to India’s digital health ecosystem.
Health Records (PHR)
A PHR is an electronic record of health-related information on an individual that conforms to nationally recognized interoperability standards and that can be drawn from multiple sources while being managed, shared, and controlled by the individual. The most salient feature of the PHR, and the one that distinguishes it from the EMR and EHR, is that the information it contains is under the control of the individual.
The functions that are supported by a Personal Health Record-System (PHR) will enable an individual to manage information about his or her healthcare. This includes viewing of a longitudinal record, comprising of all health data, lab reports, treatment details, discharge summaries across one or multiple health facilities. Key features of ABDM Health Records (PHR) App are as follows:-
- Creation of ABHA Health ID Card
- Discovery of Health Information
- Linking of health records/ with a given Health ID
- View Health Records
- Management of consents
Ayushman Bharat Digital Mission Architecture can be checked in the image as shown below:-
Guiding Principles of Ayushman Bharat Digital Mission
The ABDM will be designed, developed, deployed, operated and maintained by the Government in accordance with the guiding principles as laid out in NDHB. The ABDM guiding principles are Business principles (Health Domain Principles) and Technology principles. To read complete information on these principles, go to the link – https://abdm.gov.in/home/abdm
To strengthen the accessibility and equity of health services, including continuum of care with citizen as the owner of data, in a holistic healthcare programme approach leveraging IT & associated technologies and support the existing health systems in a ‘citizen-centric’ approach, the ABDM envisages the following specific objectives:
National Health Policy (NHP) 2017 Goals
The National Health Policy (NHP) 2017 has the following goals which are specified below:-
- “The attainment of the highest possible level of health and wellbeing for all at all ages, through a preventive and promotive health care orientation in all developmental policies, and universal access to good quality health care services without anyone having to face financial hardship as a consequence.”
- In a follow-up of the NHP’s specific goals for adopting digital technologies, the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare constituted a committee headed by Shri J. Satyanarayana to develop an implementation framework for the National Health Stack. This committee produced the National Digital Health Blueprint (NDHB), laying out the building blocks and an action plan to comprehensively and holistically implement digital health.
- Taking forward the NDHB, this document describes the broad context, rationale, scope, and implementation arrangements for a digital ecosystem for healthcare services across the country. Since the implementation is envisioned to be in a mission mode, the initiative is referred to as the Ayushman Bharat Digital Mission (ABDM).
- If you have questions regarding ABHA, please go through our FAQ section
- If you are not able to register or are facing other issues with registration, please contact us at [email protected] or call us at our toll free number – 1800-11-4477 / 14477
For any further information of ABHA ID creation or ABDM, go to website https://abdm.gov.in/