Rajasthan Free Sanitary Napkin Scheme | Udaan Scheme| Muft Sanitary Pad Yojana Rajasthan : Rajasthan govt. has started an ambitious Menstrual Hygiene Scheme (MHS) 2022 or Udaan Yojana to provide free sanitary napkins to around 1.2 crore women who need it in. In this Muft Sanitary Pad Yojana, the state govt. has started distribution of free of cost sanitary napkins to girls from the birth anniversary of former PM Indira Gandhi. The Rajasthan Free Sanitary Napkin Scheme would promote menstrual hygiene among girls. In this article, we will tell you about the complete details of Udaan Scheme or free sanitary napkins yojana in a phase wise manner.
Rajasthan Menstrual Hygiene Scheme (MHS) for Women
Rajasthan govt has started distributing free sanitary napkins under Udaan Yojana from 19 November 2021. Special awareness campaigns focusing on women’s health will be run through women self-help groups, social and non-government organisations. Under the initiative, free sanitary napkins will be given through schools, colleges and anganwadis in a phased manner.
Launch of Rajasthan Udaan Yojana 2022
While launching the Rajasthan Udaan Yojana, CM mentioned “Out of the women-related diseases happening in the state, 60% are due to non-adherence to menstrual hygiene. Keeping all these things in mind, the Udaan scheme is an innovative initiative of the government of Rajasthan. A total of 1.20 crore women b/w the age of 10 to 45 years will be benefitted through Udaan scheme. On such a large scale, this is a unique initiative of Rajasthan in the country itself.”
1st Phase of Rajasthan Udaan Scheme
In the first phase of Udaan scheme in Rajasthan, Rs. 200 crore has been given to the department. In the first phase, 28-30 lakh women will be benefited by this Udan scheme.
2nd Phase of Rajasthan Udan Yojana
The next phase i.e 2nd phase of Rajasthan Udan Yojana will start from March 2022.
To encourage adolescent girls and women to use sanitary napkins as well as to create a conducive environment to bring awareness related to their dignity, safety, and menstruation, a special campaign will be organised.
Implementation of MHS Free Sanitary Napkin Scheme in Rajasthan
The Department of Women and Child Development, Rajasthan will be the nodal agency for the Udan scheme announced by Chief Minister Gehlot in the state budget for the current fiscal. The state government has launched the Free Sanitary Napkin scheme to make all women of the state aware of personal hygiene and to prevent various diseases, the statement said. The statement added that the Rajasthan Udaan scheme will be implemented in collaboration with the Departments of Medical and Health, School and College Education, Technical and Higher Education, Tribal Area Development and the Panchayati Raj and Rural Development.
For effective implementation of Rajasthan Udan Yojana, two brand ambassadors will be made at the state level and one each at the district level. Voluntary organisations and brand ambassadors associated with the scheme will be rewarded for commendable work. Napkins will be made by Rajasthan Health Services Corporation Limited (RMSCL).
Objectives of Free Sanitary Napkins Scheme in Rajasthan
Menstruation is a natural process and most of the previous governments shy on this topic. Rajasthan CM Ashok Gehlot has announced this Menstrual Hygiene Scheme (MHS) in Budget 2022 in February. This was the first ever paperless budget presented on 24 February 2022. Around 1.2 crore women between the age group of 10 to 45 years of age can avail the benefits of this Rajasthan Muft Sanitary Pad Yojana. The state govt. has started this Free Sanitary Napkins Scheme in Rajasthan for the following reasons:-
- To spread awareness about hygiene and to promote sanitary napkins distribution among women.
- To increase access to and use of high quality sanitary napkins to adolescent girls in rural areas.
- To ensure safe disposal of sanitary pads in an environmentally friendly manner.
- By using sanitary napkins, women can be prevented from various menstrual hygiene related diseases.
Features of Rajasthan Muft Sanitary Pad Yojana
The important features and highlights of this Menstrual Hygiene Scheme (MHS) Scheme are as follows:-
- Approx. 1.2 crore women in the age group of 10 to 45 years can take benefits of this Health Scheme.
- The state govt. has made budgetary provision for Menstrual Hygiene Scheme (MHS). Govt. will distribute sanitary napkins and spread hygiene message among women.
- As per Nation Family Health Survey report (2015-16), only 55% women (15-45 years) are using hygiene protection methods during their menstrual periods.
- In urban areas, situation is slightly better in comparison to rural areas. Around 78% of women in urban areas and 50% of women in rural areas uses sanitary napkins, locally prepared pads and tampons as hygiene methods.
- As per the Survey reports, 45% women between 15 to 24 years in the state are at higher risk of getting exposed to menstrual hygiene related diseases.
- Such women can be exposed to fungal infection, urinary tract infection, reproductive tract infection and other health diseases.
- So to prevent women from menstrual related diseases, CM Ashok Gehlot has announced Muft Sanitary Pad Yojana.
Rajasthan govt. has started this revolutionary scheme for the welfare of women. In the first phase of scheme, DEW teams will conduct sensitization about the menstruation concern. In the next phase, govt. will distribute sanitary pads to females in schools, colleges, Anganwadi centers and health centers.