National Cooperative Development Corporation (NCDC) is going to launch Ayushman Sahakar Scheme 2023. This scheme will fund cooperative healthcare facilities which is essential in the time of health crisis in India. This Ayushman Sahakar Yojana is inspired by the successfully-run cooperative hospitals model in Kerala which is now proving boon in the COVID-19 (Coronavirus) pandemic outbreak. In this article, we will tell you about the complete details including objectives, activities covered, infrastructure development, subsidy, margin money, working capital, eligibility, project cost, loan period, rate of interest, security amount and funding pattern of Ayushman Sahakar.
NCDC Ayushman Sahakar Scheme 2023
With the Ayushman Sahakar Scheme 2023, the central government wants to contain co-operatives in creating healthcare infrastructure. In this scheme, the NCDC body of the Union govt. will give loans totalling to Rs. 10,000 crore to potential cooperatives to arrange healthcare amenities. In this article, we are going to tell you about the complete details of the Ayushman Sahakar Scheme 2023.
Objectives of Ayushman Sahakar Scheme
The main objectives of Ayushman Sahakar Scheme are as follows:-
- To assist provision of affordable and holistic healthcare through hospitals / healthcare / education facilities by cooperative societies,
- To assist promotion of AYUSH facilities by cooperative societies,
- To assist cooperative societies meet the objectives of National Health Policy,
- To assist cooperative societies participate in the National Digital Health Mission,
- To assist cooperative societies provide comprehensive healthcare including education, services, insurance and activities related thereto.
Infrastructure Development in Ayushman Sahakar Scheme
In Ayushman Sahakar Scheme, the central govt. will focus on developing all types of infrastructure for:-
- Hospitals and/ or Medical/ AYUSH/ Dental/ Nursing/ Pharmacy/ Paramedical/ Physiotherapy colleges for running UG and /or PG programmes,
- Yoga Wellness Centre,
- Ayurveda, Allopathy, Unani, Siddha, Homeopathy other traditional medicine healthcare centres,
- Health care services for elderly,
- Palliative care services,
- Health care services for Persons with Disabilities,
- Mental healthcare services,
- Emergency Medical Services / Trauma Centre,
- Physiotherapy centre,
- Mobile Clinic Services,
- Health Club and Gym,
- AYUSH pharmaceutical manufacturing,
- Drug testing laboratory,
- Dental care centre,
- Ophthalmic care centre,
- Laboratory services,
- Diagnostics services,
- Blood Bank / Transfusion services,
- Panchkarma/ Thokkanam/ Kshar sutra therapy centre,
- Regimental Therapy of Unani (Ilaj Bil Tadbeer) centre,
- Maternal health and Childcare services,
- Reproductive and Child Health services,
- Any other related centre or services as may be deemed fit by
- NCDC for assistance
Activities Covered in NCDC Ayushman Sahakar Yojana
A) Infrastructure – This scheme would enable creation, modernization, expansion, repairs, renovation of hospital, healthcare and education infrastructure covering:-
- All types of infrastructure (as mentioned above)
- Telemedicine and remote assisted medical procedures,
- Logistics health, healthcare and education,
- Information and Communication Technology related to digital health,
- Health insurance accredited by Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority (IRDA).
B) Margin money for raising working capital required for day-to-day operations in respect of those mentioned above.
C) Working capital for day-to-day operations.
Eligibility Criteria for Ayushman Sahakar Scheme
Any Cooperative Society registered under any State/ Multi State Cooperative Societies Act in the country, with suitable provision in the bye-laws to undertake services related to hospital/ healthcare/ health education, shall be eligible for the financial assistance subject to fulfilment of guidelines under the scheme.
NCDC assistance shall be provided either through the State Governments/ UT Administrations or directly to the cooperatives which fulfil NCDC Direct Funding guidelines. Dovetailing with other schemes or programmes of Government of India/ State Government/ Other funding Agency is permitted.
As per actual requirement.
Loan Period of NCDC Ayushman Sahakar Scheme
Period of loan will be for 8 years, including 1-2 years moratorium on repayment of principal, depending on the type of project and its ability to generate revenue.
Rate of Interest in Ayushman Sahakar Yojana
As per NCDC circular for interest rate as amended from time to time. As an incentive, NCDC will provide 1% less than applicable rate of interest on term loan for the project activities in case of borrower cooperative society where women members are in majority for the entire tenure of the loan only if timely repayments are made.
Security / Subsidy / Funding Pattern
People can now check security amount, subsidy and funding pattern for Ayushman Sahakar Scheme through the link given here –
NCDC Role in Funding Cooperatives
The National Cooperative Development Corporation (NCDC) is a statutory Corporation set up under an Act of Indian Parliament on 13 March 1963. Till date, NCDC has financed numerous cooperative initiatives aggregating Rs. 1.57 lakh crore. When it was setup, the primary objectives of NCDC were to plan and promote programmes for the following things:-
- Import of agricultural produce
- Industrial goods
- Certain other notified commodities
- Services on cooperative principles
Now the NCDC will focus on financing cooperatives which is a need of the hour in the time of Coronavirus.
Inspiration for Ayushman Sahakar Scheme 2023
The inspiration for the Ayushman Sahakar Scheme comes from what the successful cooperatives have done in healthcare sector in Kerala. NCDC has upto now financed around 30 hospitals in Kerala and 52 hospitals throughout the nation, with a cumulative mattress energy of over 5,000.
Components of Ayushman Sahakar Scheme
Before the launch of Ayushman Sahakar Scheme, the NCDC would help not only those bedded amenities which comes under this scheme but additionally covers all features of healthcare that come underneath the World Health Organization (WHO) classification, together with Indian methods of drugs. The Ayushman Sahakar Scheme will now be covering the following components:-
- Drug manufacturing
- Drug testing
- Wellness centres
- Ayurveda massage centres
- Drug stores
The central govt. will also support education initiatives such as medical and dental colleges and those offering nursing and paramedical education. The only thing is that they should be a cooperative. Even if doctors come together to form a cooperative and start a hospital or a centre with physiotherapy services, govt. would be able to support them. Check NCDC Ayushman Sahakar Scheme PDF –
Affordable Health Care Facilities to Poor People
One of circumstances to get credit score under the Ayushman Sahakar Scheme is that members of a cooperative facility must be given providers at discounted charges. This scheme will work in line with the National Digital Health Mission which was earlier launched by PM Narendra Modi on 15 August 2020. Ayushman Sahakar will deliver metamorphosis in rural areas. With the presence of Ayushman Sahakar, cooperatives will become capable of revolutinize complete well being care providers.
Working capital and margin cash to satisfy operational necessities will likely be obtainable under NCDC Ayushman Sahakar Scheme. There would be interest subvention of 1% which will be obtainable for women-majority cooperatives. NCDC had earlier launched a cooperative start-up scheme namely Yuva Sahakar, two years in the past. Under this scheme, cooperatives which are simply three months old were able to get funding from the NCDC.
As per the original Yuva Sahakar Scheme, a cooperative has to be three years old for getting NCDC finance. So, this was a great scheme for start-ups and if these start-ups were founded by women or those with disabilities, they would get an interest subvention of 2% on their startup.
For more details, visit the official website at