Women Safety Reporting Portal (4S – Stay Safe Stay Smart) at 4s4u.appolice.gov.in is launched by Andhra Pradesh government. AP CM YS Jagan Mohan Reddy has started this initiative to protect women and children from cyber crimes and other crimes that take place online. The Cyber Crime programme is jointly developed by AP Police and Crime Investigation Department (CID).
This Women Safety Reporting Portal caters to all types of cyber crime complaints. It is go-to website for dealing with the harassment and violence against women and children. At the launch event, CM mentioned that web portal will provide information on various issues like dealing with cyber crime, harassment and other issues regarding women’s safety.
Complaints on cyber awareness includes those of financial fraud, job fraud, matrimonial fraud, safe use of social media platform and cyber crime awareness booklet on cyber security awareness.
AP Women Safety Reporting Portal for Online Cyber Crimes
This portal is an initiative of govt. of India to facilitate victims to report cyber crime complaints online. This portal caters to complaints pertaining to cyber crimes only with special focus on cyber crimes against women and children. Complaints reports on this portal are dealt by law enforcement agencies / police based on information available in complaints. It is imperative to provide correct and accurate details filing complaint for prompt action.
How to File Complaint at 4S AP Police Portal
The process to make complaints at the Women Safety Reporting Portal is given below:-
STEP 1: Firstly visit the official 4S AP Police Gov website at http://4s4u.appolice.gov.in/
STEP 2: At the homepage, click at the “File Complaint” link under “Cyber Awareness” section or directly click https://4s4u.appolice.gov.in/report_women_child_related_crime
STEP 3: Then click at “File Complaint” button and next click at the “I Accept” button to open Cyber Awareness Report Complaint Form as shown below:-
STEP 4: Here enter the complaint and upload documents such as supporting evidence, photographs, suspect photo and then click at the “Submit” button to file complaints at Cyber Crime Awareness Portal.
Features of AP Women Safety Reporting Portal
The important features of AP Women Safety Reporting Portal are as follows:-
- Child Sexual Abuse Prevention – Child Sexual Abuse (CSA) is a mental or physical violation of a child with sexual intent, generally by a person who is in a position of power and trust of a child.
- Child Victim Support – POCSO or the Protection of Children from Sexual Offences Act (PCSO Act) 2012 was enacted to protect children against offences like sexual abuse, sexual harassment and pornography.
- Domestic Violence Prevention – Domestic Violence or Intimate Partner Violence as it is sometimes called is a worldwide problem associated with celebrities and common people alike.
- Rape Victim Support – Rape is defined in most jurisdictions as sexual intercourse or other forms of sexual penetration, against a person without the person’s consent and is one of the worst crimes of humanity.
- Sexual Harassment at Work Place Prevention – Unwelcome sexual advances, requests for sexual favours and other verbal or physical conduct of a sexual nature come under sexual harassment.
- Street Harassment – Unwanted sexual advances and remarks made to women in public places often leading to crimes of a serious nature fall under the category of Street Harassment.
AP Police Starts New Cyber Crime Portal
The Andhra Pradesh police have also launched a new cyber crime portal to facilitate victims or complainants to report cyber crime complaints online. Issues on child sexual abuse, child victim support, domestic violence, rape victim support, sexual harassment at workplace and street harassment can be reported on the Women Safety Reporting Portal.
The women’s welfare has been a high priority of the AP government. CM has started providing 50% reservations to women in nominated posts and government contracts immediately after coming to power. Various public welfare schemes such as Amma Vodi, Vasati Deevena, Asara, Cheyutha etc are being registered under the names of the women of the household.
Complaints at Women Safety Reporting Portal
It includes various complaints to protect women and children which pertain to the following:-
- Online Child Pornography (CP)
- Child Sexual Abuse Material (CSAM)
- Sexually explicit content such as Rape/Gang Rape (CP/RGR) content
- Mobile crimes
- Online and social media crimes
- Online financial frauds
- Cryptocurrency crimes
- Online cyber trafficking
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ’s)
What is the purpose of Women Safety Reporting Portal
This portal is an initiative of Government of Andhra Pradesh to facilitate victims/ complainants to report cyber crime complaints online. This portal caters all types of cyber crime complaints including complaints pertaining to online Child Pornography (CP), Child Sexual Abuse Material (CSAM) or sexually explicit content such as Rape/Gang Rape (CP/RGR) content and other cyber crimes such as mobile crimes, online and social media crimes, online financial frauds, ransomware, hacking, cryptocurrency crimes and online cyber trafficking.
What is Child Sexually Abusive Material (CSAM)
Child Sexually Abusive Material (CSAM) refers to material containing sexual image in any form, of a child who is abused or sexually exploited. Section 67 (B) of IT Act states that “it is punishable for publishing or transmitting of material depicting children in sexually explicit act, etc. in electronic form”.
Yes, most of the social media website like Facebook, YouTube, Twitter and Instagram etc. have the option of reporting or flagging the objectionable contents. The social media platforms may take appropriate action based on the contents reported to them as per their content policy.
What action will be taken if complainant reports any false complaint/information
Providing false information could make complainant liable to penal action as per the Indian Penal Code.
What happens once I report a complaint
The complaints reported on the portal shall be handled by the concerned State/UT police authorities based on your selection of State/ UT while reporting the complaint.
For more details, visit the official website at https://4s4u.appolice.gov.in/