NITI Aayog, Central government has launched Women Entrepreneurship Platform (WEP) on International Women’s Day. Subsequently, central govt. wants to build an ecosystem for women entrepreneurs to scale up their innovative ideas and realize their entrepreneurial aspirations. This portal is designed on 3 pillars – Iccha Shakti, Gyan Shakti & Karma Shakti. Interested women entrepreneurs can make online registration at wep.gov.in
This platform will bring out sustainable and long-term strategies for businesses. CEO of NITI Aayog has launched WEP platform and dedicates it to the cause of “Naari Shakti”. The primary objective to launch this online platform is “Women First, Prosperity for All”.
WEP is a first of its kind , unified access portal to bring together women entrepreneurs from different parts of the country. Moreover, WEP will enable network of industry collaborations, partnerships, mentors and peer-to-peer connect.
Women Entrepreneurship Platform Online Registration / Application
WEP is an informative and interactive website which will serve as dedicated resource and knowledge base. This portal will enable both aspiring and established women entrepreneurs to get information about government and private sector schemes. For this reason, women entrepreneurs must fill WEP Platform Online Registration Form to access its services:-
- Firstly visit the official website wep.gov.in
- Subsequently on the homepage, click the “Register” tab present on the right side or directly click this link
- Accordingly, Women Entrepreneurship Platform Registration Form will appear as shown below:-
- Here women entrepreneurs have to fill the details accurately an finally click the “Register” button to complete the WEP Registration process.
WEP platform will promote offline initiatives of central govt. and other outreach programmes. Accordingly, this will promote entrepreneurial spirit among potential women entrepreneurs in alliance with partner organizations.
Women Entrepreneurship Platform (WEP) – 3 pillars
NITI Aayog has launched WEP Platform to increase the total number of women entrepreneurs to create and empower a dynamic ‘NEW India’. Accordingly, WEP online platform is based on 3 pillars which are as follows:-
- Ichha Shakti – This component will help aspiring women entrepreneurs to start their own business / enterprises.
- Gyaan Shakti – This deals with providing appropriate knowledge and ecosystem support to help & foster women entrepreneurs in realizing their entrepreneurship skills.
- Karma Shakti – To provide hands on support to women entrepreneurs in setting up and scaling of their businesses.
WEP platform will provide services of free credit ratings, mentor-ship, financial assistance to women entrepreneurs, apprenticeship and corporate partnerships. In addition to this, WEP will also encourage women entrepreneurs to share their personal success stories – entrepreneurial journeys, stories & experiences to nurture mutual learning.
WEP Service Partners
WEP will function inside a broader framework of industry cooperation and partnerships. Various Service Providers will also provide unique services to women entrepreneurs which are as follows:-
- CRISIL – This company will provide credit evaluation service of women led startups.
- DICE – Dice has setup a separate fund of Rs. 10 crore for potential equity investments which will provide new opportunities.
- ShopClues.com – This partner is going to provide internship and dedicated mentor-ship to women entrepreneurs.
- Mann Deshi Foundation – This company will provide digital and financial literacy.
- Other Corporates – Various other industry bodies like NASSCOM, CII, FICCI, SIDBI and Facebook are also in partnership with WEP. The primary motive is to provide business acceleration, mentorship and other start-up support. SAVE AS PDF