Indira Gandhi Medical College and Hospital is now the first institution in the Himachal Pradesh state to implement Sahara Scheme. Under this HP Sahara Yojana 2019, the state govt. will provide Rs. 2,000 per month to patients belonging to economically weaker sections (EWS) category. HP Sahara Yojna will cover specific serious illnesses like paralysis, parkinson, cancer, muscular dystrophy, hemophilia, thalassemia and renal failure.
This Sahara Scheme was announced in the Himachal Pradesh Budget 2019-20 to provide assistance to poor patients for medical treatment. Through HP Sahara Yojana, people would be able to meet the hardships faced during prolonged treatment of chronic diseases.
The state govt. of Himachal Pradesh had allocated Rs. 2,482 crore for healthcare scheme in Budget 2019-20 earlier.
Sahara Scheme in Himachal Pradesh
The important features and highlights of this Sahara Scheme in Himachal Pradesh are as follows:-
- For medical treatment, govt. will provide Rs. 2,000 per month to EWS category patients.
- Serious diseases like paralysis, parkinson, cancer, muscular dystrophy, hemophilia, thalassemia are included. Moreover, chronic renal failure or any other disease which renders a person permanently incapacitated are also included.
- The main aims is to assist poor patients suffering from fatal diseases to migrate hardships faced during prolonged treatment.
- In the 1st phase, around 6,000 patients would be covered for which Rs. 14.40 crore have been provided.
- CM Jai Ram Thakur had announced this Sahara Yojana in 2nd HP Budget for FY 2019-20.
A campaign would be launched to popularize the Sahara Yojna. The Accredited Social Health Activists (ASHA) and other health workers would identify beneficiaries and will assist them with prescribed formalities. The HP state govt. will also provide an incentive of Rs. 200 to ASHA workers to encourage participation.
HP Sahara Yojana 2019 Eligibility / Beneficiaries
All the people who wants to become the HP Sahara Yojana beneficiaries must fulfill the conditions given below:-
- He / She must be a resident of Himachal Pradesh.
- The candidate must belong to economically weaker section (EWS) category of the society.
- The annual income of the candidate, from all sources, must not exceed Rs. 4 lakh p.a.
- Candidates must prove their diagnosis.
In addition to this, there are around 4200 patients suffering from HIV / AIDS, the state govt. has extended their assistance to Rs. 1500 per month.
Furthermore, the Himachal Pradesh govt. will also start Mobile Diagnostic Van for identification and treatment of breast and survical cancer.