Odisha state government has launched SAMPURNA Scheme 2023 for pregnant women. In this Shishu Abond Matru Mrutyuhara Purna Nirakaran Abhiyan Yojana, the state govt. will provide financial assistance for pregnant mothers of the state. CM Naveen Patnaik has announced to provide Rs. 1000 as transportation cost to reach the hospital at time delivery to the pregnant women who are living in inaccessible areas.
The objective of SAMPURNA scheme is to bring down the death rate of the new born Child (Infant Mortality Rate) and also of the Mother (Mother Mortality Rate) during pregnancy across the state. Therefore, all the pregnant women from the inaccessible regions who reaches the hospital for delivery by arranging vehicles spending their own money, will receive Rs. 1,000 as the transportation cost.
The scheme will be applicable only for pregnant women who are living in inaccessible areas where the ambulances of government hospitals (102 / 108) and other four vehicle hospitals can not reach. The scheme is expected to provide benefits to about 60,000 pregnant women every year.
Odisha SAMPURNA Scheme 2023 – Details
Below are some of the salient features of Odisha SAMPURNA scheme:-
- The pregnant woman will receive financial assistance of Rs. 1000 from state government.
- This scheme is only be applicable for women who are living in inaccessible regions to provide transportation cost to reach hospital.
- The intention of government is to reduce Infant Mortality Rate (IMR) and Mother Mortality Rate (MMR) during pregnancy.
- This scheme will cover a total of 7853 villages across 30 districts of Odisha as soon as possible.
- Rs. 1000 will be transferred directly into the bank account of beneficiary through DBT.
The state govt. realizes that the large number of mishappening occur due to the pregnant women being carried on shoulders or walking to reach the hospital for delivery. This happens due to government ambulances and other four vehicles not reaching the spot on time. Therefore, the government has decided to provide Rs. 1000 to each beneficiary through DBT to arrange for the transportation.
Odisha SAMMPURNA Yojana – Health Care Scheme for Pregnant Women (Earlier Update)
Odisha government has made huge budgetary provision for Shishu Abond Matru Mrutyuhara Purna Nirakaran Abhiyan Scheme for pregnant women. Under this SAMMPURNA Yojana 2023, the state govt. will provide reimbursement of transportation cost of Rs. 1,000 to pregnant women. In this scheme, govt. will also provide kits to mothers, newborns and drop back facility after institutional delivery and sick infants after treatment in Primary Health Care (PHCs) Centers for inclusive health care.
The primary objective of SAMMPURNA Yojana 2023 in Odisha is to reduce the Infant Mortality Rate (IMR) and Maternal Mortality Rate (MMR). The amount of Rs. 1000 will be given as transport cost for pregnant women to travel to the hospital from inaccessible areas arranging their own vehicles. Under this Sampurna Scheme, around 7853 villages would be covered from 30 districts of Odisha.
Odisha SAMMPURNA Yojana 2023 for Pregnant Women
The complete details of the SAMMPURNA Yojana 2023 are given as follows:-
- Budgetary allocation for Shishu Abong Matru Mrutyuhara Purna Nirakaran Yojana – SAMMPURNA has been enhanced.
- The state govt. will provide kits to mothers and newborns per year under Sampurna Scheme 2023.
- Re-imbursement of transport cost of Rs. 1000 would be given to pregnant women for inclusive healthcare services
- The state govt. will also provide a specified amount per day to mother of children admitted to NRCs.
- Even some amount would be given for drop back facility to pregnant women after institutional delivery and sick infants after treatment in PHCs.
Bike ambulances are going to be operational for transportation of patients where ambulance can’t reach.