Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana is an initiative of Central government to make country’s youth employable and strengthen them economically. The word “Kaushal” refers to skill and the scheme objective is to encourage skill development for youth by providing them a meaningful, industry relevant, skill based training. People can now apply online by filling Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana Registration Form 2020 at the official website at www.pmkvyofficial.org
Under the scheme, the beneficiaries who are successfully trained, assessed and certified are awarded financially by the government. There are several skill courses being run by the affiliated training providers under the PM Kaushal Vikas Yojana. PMKVY is being run by the Ministry of Skill Development & Entrepreneurship (MSDE) while National Skill Development Corporation (NSDC) is the implementing agency for the scheme.
PMKVY scheme also seeks to significantly scale up skill training activities in the country and enable skill training to happen at a fast pace without compromising the quality.
PM Kaushal Vikas Yojana (PMKVY) Online Registration Form 2020
Here is the complete procedure to apply online for skill development training under the Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana (PMKVY):-
- Firstly visit the official website at pmkvyofficial.org
- At the homepage, click at the “Quick Links” section and then click at the “Skill India” link.
- Afterwards, Skill India Portal which can even be accessed using the link https://www.skillindia.gov.in/
- Accordingly, candidates can click at the “Register As a Candidate” link to open the PMKVY registration form for candidates as shown below:-
- Here candidates can enter basic details, location details, preferences, associated programes and interested in fields.
After submitting all the necessary details, candidates can click at the “Submit” button to complete the registration process. Moreover, candidates must take a printout of the completed PMKVY online application form for any future reference.
Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana Course List & Job Roles
The revised list of job roles and courses list for PMKVY Scheme for duration 2018-2020 can be checked using the link:-
PMKVY Courses List and Job Roles
All the interested candidates can selected either of the job roles / course to pursue skill development training. Accordingly on completion of PMKVY training, candidates would be placed in reputed companies as per their job roles.
PMKVY Training Partners / Training Centers List 2020
The interested candidates who wants to pursue PMKVY skill development training must firstly check the PMKVY training centers and training partners list. For this purpose, we are providing you with the direct links to access Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana Training Centers & Training Partners List 2020:-
PMKVY Training Partners List
PMKVY Training Centers List
Upon checking the list, candidates can choose any PMKVY training center located nearby them. To decide their scope of training and further placement opportunities, PMKVY training partners list must be checked. After all this, candidates can fill PMKVY apply online form 2020 for their enrollment in desired course.
Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana – Objectives
PMKVY Scheme was launched in order to satisfy the following objectives:-
- The major objective of the scheme is to make people trained in various skills so that they can become employable and financially strong.
- The skill development scheme is also aimed to increase productivity of existing workforce and train & certify them according to industry needs.
- Provide Monetary Awards for Skill Certification to boost employability and productivity of youth by incentivizing them for skill training.
- Providing an average monetary reward of Rs. 8,000/- per candidates to the beneficiary who is undergoing skill training.
Main features of PM Kaushal Vikas Yojana
- The training under PMKVY is provided based on the standards (National Occupational Standards – NOS and
Qualification Packs – QPs for specific job roles) defined by the industry-driven bodies, namely the Sector Skills Councils (SSCs).
- The skill training is provided based on assessment of skill demand and the ‘Skill Gap Studies’
- Government will provide training aligned with the national flagship programmes such as “Swachch Bharat”, “Digital India”, “Make in India”, “National Solar Mission” and so on.
- The training providers will undergo the due diligence according to the guidelines of PMKVY issued by NSDC before being registered to provide training to the youth. This will ensure the good quality of training.
- The training curricula also includes soft skill training, personal grooming, behavioral change for cleanliness, and good work ethics.
- Trainees with prior skills and experience will be assessed and given monetary rewards for undergoing the assessment.
- Monetary rewards will be provided upon successful training and assessment to the beneficiaries according to their job roles and sectors. Higher incentives will be given to training in manufacturing, construction and plumbing sectors.
- The monetary reward amount will directly be transferred to the bank account of the beneficiary without any intermediaries. This will bring transparency to the system and fasten the whole process. Aadhar number of the beneficiary will be used for unique identification.
- The government also provides mentoring support to the candidates who have successfully completed the training and are looking for employment opportunities.
PMKVY Target and Scheme Outlay
The Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana (PMKVY) will provide training to about 24 lakh youth in one year at a cost of Rs. 1,500 crore.
|Average Reward Amount (Rs.)||Physical Target (Number of trainees in lakh)||Financial target (Rs.in crore)|
|RPL (Recognition of Prior Learning)||2200||10||220|
|Awareness and mobilization (5%)||67|
|Incentives for supplementary mentorship and placement services (5%)||67|
|Administrative expenses (2%)||26|
Get Enrolled Under Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana
1. Find Training Center: The candidate who wants to get benefits of the scheme, have to find the affiliate training center who is offering a skill development course of your choice. The list of training centers is available on the official website of PMKVY at http://pmkvyofficial.org and further information of PMKVY can be obtained by joining Kaushal Vikas Shivir or by calling on the helpline number 88000-55555.
2. Get Enrolled: The second step is to choose the course you are eligible for. To be a trainee, the candidate have to pay training and assessment fees. And at the time of application submission for enrollment, the candidate have to submit their Aadhaar Card and bank account details.
3. Learn a Skill: Sector Skill Councils (SSCs) formulated the National Occupation Standards (NOS) and Qualification Packs (QPs) for trainings under the scheme, which will be received by a candidates from PMKVY affiliated training centers.
4. Be Assessed and Certified: To complete the course and get certified, the applicants will have to give an assessment of SSC approved agency. After passing the assessment and having a valid Aadhaar Card, the candidate will receive a government certification and skill card.
5. Get a Reward: For being certified, the trainee will received a monetary award from the government. The reward amount will be directly transferred to the trainee’s bank account. The certified trainee having a valid bank accounts and has not availed of the monetary reward before, will only be eligible for monetary reward.
PMKVY Guidelines 2016-2020
Download the PMKVY guidelines PDF from the below link.
PMKVY Guidelines (2016-2020) PDF
PMKVY Scheme Booklet
More information about the Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana can be obtained from the scheme booklet or from the official website as mentioned below.
Official Website: http://pmkvyofficial.org/
Student Helpline: 8800055555
SMART Helpline: 18001239626
NSDC TP Helpline: 1800-123-9626