उत्तराखंड मुख्यमंत्री घसियारी कल्याण योजना: Uttarakhand government has launched a new Mukhyamantri Ghasiyari Kalyan Yojana (MGKY) 2023 on 1 November 2021. In this CM Ghasyari Kalyan Yojna, thousands of women who resides in mountainous regions of the state would be benefited. The scheme, named Ghasyari Kalyan Yojana, will provide subsidized fodder to women farmers who own milk animals in rural areas. In this article, we will tell you about the complete details of the Ghassari Kalyan Yojana.
Uttarakhand Mukhyamantri Ghasiyari Kalyan Yojana (MGKY) 2023
Fodder for cattle would be supplied in remote rural areas in mountainous areas through 7,771 centres under the Mukhya Mantri Ghasiyari Kalyan Yojana. The cattle rearers in these areas will be provided with packed silage and total mix ration (TMR). UK Mukhyamantri Ghasiyari Kalyan Yojana (उत्तराखंड मुख्यमंत्री घसियारी कल्याण योजना) comes as a major relief for women who have to undergo hardships and face dangers while collecting fodder from the jungle.
Applicants must be permanent residents of Uttarakhand and must have their own milk animals.
How to Apply for मुख्यमंत्री घस्यारी कल्याण योजना
Interested women farmers can apply for the scheme by visiting the official website and selecting the Ghasiyari Kalyan Yojana option. After selecting the option, they will be directed to a new page where they can find information about the scheme. To apply online, they must select the “online application” option.
Applicants will need to provide their identity card, Aadhaar card, price resident, ration card, passport size photo, bank account details, and mobile number.
Benefits: Through the scheme, women farmers in remote rural areas in hilly regions will be provided fodder at subsidized rates, which will help them to improve their milk production and increase their income.
Cabinet Approval for CM Ghasyari Kalyan Yojana
Cabinet committee headed by former chief minister Trivendra Singh Rawat has approved Mukhyamantri Ghasyari Kalyan Yojana (मुख्यमंत्री घस्यारी कल्याण योजना) on 25 February 2021. Approval to the former CM, Ghasyari Kalyan Yojana in Uttarakhand was one of the 7 key decisions taken in the cabinet meeting. Now Amit Shah and current CM Pushkar Singh Dhami launched Ghasiyari Kalyan Yojana on 1 November 2021.
The state govt. has already made arrangements for cooperative farming of maize, facilitating production of silage and TMR along with its supply to the beneficiaries. The UK government intends to provide the cattle fodder at Rs. 3 per kilogramme under this scheme.
Salient Features of Uttarakhand Mukhyamantri Ghasiyari Kalyan Yojana
- Under the scheme, women do not have to go to the forest for charpatti, for which nutritious food of animals will be given at subsidized rates.
- Livestock farmers of remote rural hilly areas of Uttarakhand will be given packaged silage, Total Mixed Ration TMR at their home.
- The aim is to free women from the task of cutting fodder by providing silage and TMR feed blocks at discounted rates.
- Livestock will not have to wander from forest to forest for feed.
- There will be double benefit in animal health and milk yield.
- More than 2,000 farming families will be linked to the collective cooperative farming of maize on more than 2000 acres of their land. Arrangements have been made to provide fair prices to maize growing farmers.
- Cattlemen will also get nutritious fodder for their animals and the burden will be reduced from the heads of women in the mountains.
Women will not have to wander for jungle
Earlier, the government of Trivendra Singh Rawat has also approved its plan to make women co-accountants in husband’s land. The economics of the mountainous regions revolve around women. Wandering in the forest for the fodder, wood for the morning and evening has been a big problem. On the way to the jungle, sometimes the attacks of wild animals, sometimes falling from the hill and death, such as the days of accidents occur.
Political Meaning of this scheme
It also has big political meanings. There are equal number of female and male voters in Uttarakhand. Electoral data shows that whenever polling took place in Uttarakhand, the percentage of female voters was higher than male voters. So to lure women voters, Ghasiyari Kalyan Yojana has been launched.