Karnataka Arogya Sanjeevani Scheme (KASS) has been approved by the state cabinet and will launch soon. The main aim of Karnataka Arogya Sanjivani Scheme is to provide assistance to the government employees and their family members thereby maintaining life and health balance. In this article, we will tell you about the objectives, salient features and complete details of the Karnataka Arogya Sanjeevini Scheme.
CM Basavaraj Bommai on Karnataka Arogya Sanjeevini Scheme 2023
Karnataka Chief Minister Basavaraj Bommai on 30 May 2022 said that the state cabinet has already approved the Karnataka Arogya Sanjeevini cashless treatment scheme for the State government employees and it would be launched soon. CM said that the former CM BS Yediyurappa was instrumental in constituting the 7th Pay Commission to revise the pay of State government employees. It has been decided to constitute the 7th Pay Commission and remove the disparities in salary of the State government employees this year. Good services could be rendered to people of the state only when the state government employees are happy.
Karnataka is a progressive state and it is the duty of the state government employees to ensure that the government services reach even the last man in the social order. CM Bommai said that “state govt. employees should have the honesty and sincerity to discharge your duties within the time frame”. He further added, “Those heading the elected government and the bureaucracy are like two wheels of the progress chariot which should run in tandem for the progress of the State. Bommai recalled the able leadership of former Chief Minister BS Yediyurappa in tackling the Covid first and second waves effectively with very good cooperation from the state government employees. CM also appreciated the leadership of State Government Employees Association President Shadakshari in protecting the interests of the employees.
Karnataka Arogya Sanjeevani Scheme Cabinet Approval
On 22 July 2021, Karnataka state cabinet committee approved implementation of Karnataka Arogya Sanjeevani Scheme (KASS). This scheme was previously announced in the Karnataka Budget 2021-22. Under Karnataka Arogya Sanjeevini Scheme, govt. is going to provide cashless medical treatment to the state government employees and their family members. Through this scheme, state govt. will provide the required assistance to the employees and their families in this crucial period after reduced COVID-19 spread. Karnataka Arogya Sanjivani Yojana is being planned for supporting the employees. It will turn out to be a boon to the govt. employees who are working continuously throughout the pandemic. The budget allocated for this scheme is Rs. 250 crores for every year.
Overview of Karnataka Arogya Sanjeevani Scheme
|Scheme Name||Karnataka Arogya Sanjeevani Scheme (KASS)|
|Approved By||State Cabinet Committee|
|Approved On||22 July 2021|
|Scheme Details By||Law ad Parliamentary Affairs Minister Basavaraj Bommai|
|Major Beneficiaries||State government employees and their families|
|Benefits||Cashless medical treatment to state government employees and their dependent family members|
Objectives of Karnataka Arogya Sanjivani Scheme
The major objectives of Karnataka Arogya Sanjeevani Scheme are as follows:-
- In this scheme, the state govt. will provide assistance to state government employees.
- Karnataka Arogya Sanjeevani Scheme will cover all the government employees as well as their family members.
- Cashless medical treatment would be provided to the state employees and their families.
- Implementation of the Karnataka Arogya Sanjeevani Scheme will be done with utmost transparency.
- The state govt. will take measures to keep a check that maximum employees gets benefit under the scheme.
- Karnataka Arogya Sanjeevini Scheme will enable to maintain a balance of life and health in the state.
- Health of state govt. employees is of great concern as they worked in crucial times persistently as COVID-19 frontline workers.
- Health of each employee is valuable to the state govt. amid the ongoing Coronavirus crisis.
Salient Features of Karnataka Arogya Sanjeevini Scheme
The important features and highlights of this Karnataka Arogya Sanjeevani Scheme are as follows:-
- The state cabinet approved the implementation of Karnataka Arogya Sanjeevani Scheme (KASS) on 22 July 2021.
- KASS Scheme was earlier announced in the state budget.
- Scheme details were provided by Law ad Parliamentary Affairs Minister Basavaraj Bommai.
- Karnataka Arogya Sanjeevani Scheme is mainly planned for all the state government employees.
- State government employees and their families will get cashless or free of cost medical treatment.
- This scheme will be of great help to the employees in these pandemic situations.
- The cost of treatment will be borne entirely by the state government.
- Karnataka Arogya Sanjivani Scheme aims supporting the health of the government employees working relentlessly throughout the pandemic.
- It tends to cover all the government employees and their dependents across the Karnataka state.
- This scheme will enable to maintain a balance of life and health of the employees and to help them cope with the situations.
- Total cost of this Karnataka Arogya Sanjeevini Scheme will be about Rs. 250 crores per year.