Odisha government has launched Gangadhar Meher Sikhya Manakbrudhi Yojana 2023 for students. In this GMSMY Scheme, the state govt. will provide school uniforms, shoes, bags, free bicycles and books to students. CM Naveen Patnaik led state govt. has allocated a sum of Rs. 430 crore for Gangadhar Meher Sikhya Manakbrudhi Yojana in Odisha Budget 2023. In this article, we will tell you about the complete details of the free education accessories scheme.
Odisha Gangadhar Meher Sikhya Manakbrudhi Yojana 2023
In the Odisha Gangadhar Meher Sikhya Manakbrudhi Yojana 2023, the students will get the following educational accessories:-
|Students Studying in||Educational Accessories|
|Class 1st||Free School Bags, Free Books, Free School Uniform including Shoes|
|Class 2nd||Free School Bags, Free Books, Free School Uniform including Shoes|
|Class 3rd||Free School Bags, Free Books, Free School Uniform including Shoes|
|Class 4th||Free School Bags, Free Books, Free School Uniform including Shoes|
|Class 5th||Free School Bags, Free Books, Free School Uniform including Shoes|
|Class 6th||Free Books, Free School Uniform including Shoes|
|Class 7th||Free Books, Free School Uniform including Shoes|
|Class 8th||Free Books, Free School Uniform including Shoes|
|Class 9th||Free Bicycles|
Who was Gangadhar Meher
Swabhaba kabi Gangadhara Meher (Odia: ସ୍ୱଭାବକବି ଗଙ୍ଗାଧର ମେହେର) was a renowned Odia poet of the 19th century. Though poor in wealth and education, he remained one of the most prolific and original contributor to Odia literature. The works produced by Gangadhara Meher are marked by vivid imagination, in beauty and clarity of language, in the novelty of style, in point of forceful character painting and in the lively description of nature from different perspectives. His writings remain as some of greatest creations in Odia literature.
Gangadhar Meher Sikhya Manakbrudhi Yojana in Odisha Budget
In Odisha Budget 2023, the state govt. has allocated a sum of Rs. 24,370 crore for education and skill development sector, here is its division in a scheme wise manner:-
- A sum of Rs. 280 crore provided under Odisha Adarsha Vidyalaya to meet the establishment and running cost of the schools.
- Rs. 3,066 crore for Samagra Sikshya Abhiyan and Rs. 957 crore for Mid‐day Meal Scheme all of which will have a state share of around 40%.
- Rs. 8 crore for LPG connection in 10000 Primary and Upper Primary Schools to encourage use of green and clean fuels.
- A sum of Rs. 253 crore under Mo School Programme for infrastructure development of schools.
- Looking at the success of Mo School Abhiyan, a sum of Rs. 7 crore is proposed towards corpus fund under Mo College Abhiyan
- Allocation for Rs. 430 crore under the Gangadhar Meher Sikhya Manakbrudhi Yojana (GMSMY) to provide school bags to all children from Class-I to V, free textbooks and school uniform including shoes to all children from Class-I to VIII and free bicycles to all students in Class-IX of Government and fully aided schools including OAVs.
- Rs. 1,002 crore earmarked towards all students’ scholarships to be credited through DBT.
- Rs. 108 crore under World Bank assisted Odisha Higher Education Programme for Excellence and Equity (OHEPEE) to transform select universities and colleges into Centers of Excellence.
- Rs. 212 crore for the Rashtriya Uchatara Sikshya Abhiyan (RUSA) Scheme for higher education and technical education.
- Provision of Rs. 100 crore under the Asian Development Bank assisted Odisha Skill Development Project to bring up a World Skill Centre in Bhubaneswar.
- A sum of Rs. 151 crore allocated for infrastructure development of Technological Universities and Engineering Colleges, Engineering Schools, Polytechnics and ITIs.
Highlights of Gangadhar Meher Sikhya Manakbrudhi Yojana
|Scheme Name||Gangadhar Meher Sikhya Manakbrudhi Yojana|
|Launched by||CM Naveen Patnaik|
|Objective||To provide free school bags, uniform, textbooks, bicycle to Class 1st to 9th students|
|Budget Allocation for Current Year||Rs. 430 crore|
Source / Reference Link – https://finance.odisha.gov.in/sites/default/files/2021-02/Budget%20highlights%202021-22-Eng.pdf