Bihar govt. has launched Mukhyamantri Harit Krishi Sanyantra Yojana 2023 for farmers. Under this Bihar Krishi Yantra scheme, the state govt. is already providing agricultural machinery to farmers on nominal rent facility. During the earlier financial year i.e 2020, govt. is setting up Agriculture Machineries Bank (Krishi Sanyanatra Bank) in each Primary Agriculture Cooperative Credit Society (PACS) with an estimated cost of Rs. 20 Lakh. For this scheme, the state govt. had earlier sanctioned Rs. 1692 crore.
Bihar Mukhyamantri Harit Krishi Sanyantra Yojana 2023
In this scheme, PACS gets 50% amount as loan and 50% amount as grant under Mukhyamantri Harit Krishi Sanyantra Yojana. Now farmers who does not have their own agriculture machinery will not have to take it on rent from other farmers at higher rates. Rather they can simply take machinery, pay nominal rent and go to their work. This decision was taken in the Bihar Cabinet Committee meeting held on 24 August 2018 which was presided over by CM Nitish Kumar.
Objectives of CM Harit Krishi Yantra Yojana
Under this scheme, the Government will provide agricultural machinery to the farmers on nominal rent facility
Benefits to Citizens
It is hoped that through this scheme, the farm output and prosperity will increase and lead to the development of agriculture in the State. By providing agricultural machinery on rent, farmers would be able to raise their production with less efforts.
Eligibility Criteria for Harit Krishi Sanyantra Yojana
The below are the criteria to apply for the Mukhyamantri Harit Krishi Sanyantra Yojana 2023 are as follows:-
- The farmer applicant to be a permanent resident of Bihar.
- An individual farmer or Joint/Group of Farmers owner-cultivators who are engaged in Agriculture and related farm activities.
- In the case of joint farmer applicants, then any one of the member to be an owner farmer.
- The farmer applicant should not be a defaulter in a bank.
How to Apply for Mukhyamantri Harit Krishi Sanyantra Yojana
- The Mukhyamantri Harit Krishi Sanyantra Yojana can be applied at nearest Gram Panchayat or Tehsil. The clear online application procedure for this scheme will be intimated in the official portal by the government. The state government is more likely to opt for an online application process for the ease of the applicants.
- The farmer applicants will have to fill the mandatory details such as Aadhaar card number, email id and paid pending application number, sanction number, fee payment details, source of irrigation and its depth, capacity demanded. Fill up the applications along with the information of the persons who are ready to avail the benefits of this scheme.
- After filling the form, the applicant is required to submit them to the relevant office. Then the respective department will make the verification process and prepare the beneficiary list.
- On successful submission of the completed application at the concerned office, an acknowledgement number of the application form will be sent to the registered email IDs of the applicant for future reference.
- These devices will be available in every tehsil or block. Any farmer can rent these instruments for a fixed time frame.
- On completion of this work, this machine will have to be submitted back to the department.
Whom to Contact (Implementation Agency at State / District Level)
Local Gram Panchayat
List of Documents Required for Mukhyamantri Harit Krishi Sanyantra Yojana
The List of Documents Required that have to be possessed by the applicant to apply for Mukhyamantri Harit Krishi Sanyantra Yojana are given below:-
- Application form (Duly filled)
- Identity Proof: PAN, Aadhar Card, Driving License, Voter Identity Card, etc.
- Address Proof: Aadhar, Valid Passport, Utility bill, Property tax bill, etc.
- Bank account details.
- One passport size photo of the applicant.
- Signature verification of applicants
- Farmer ID Proof
- Any other document required by the bank
Salient Features of Mukhyamantri Harit Krishi Sanyantra Yojana
The process to apply for Mukhyamantri Harit Krishi Sanyantra Yojana is a hassle free process and now this scheme will save time and money of the farmers. The important features and highlights of this scheme are as follows:-
- Agriculture Machineries Banks are being setup at PACS level with an investment of Rs. 20 lakh each.
- The state govt. provides 50% of the amount as loans to PACS. For this, the state govt. is providing loans to PACS amounting to Rs. 846.30 crore.
- The remaining 50% amount will be given as a grant to PACS. Out of this total 50% grant, 25% will be given as L.D. / U.D. grants amounting to Rs. 423.15 crore. The remaining 25% grant are being given as other grants.
- Previously, PACS used to receive 75% of the amount as loan and 25% as grant. But this has now been changed.
- A total fund of 1692.60 crore is made available by the state govt. to benefit farmers.
- From these banks, all the farmers can take agricultural machinery on rent at lesser rates and perform irrigation related activities.
- For more details on the decisions taken in the cabinet meeting held on 24 August 2018, click at the link – Bihar Cabinet Decisions (24/08/2018)
- This scheme is specifically designed to benefit farmers, raise their income and boost agricultural production.
A Primary Agricultural Credit Society (PACS) is a basic unit and smallest co-operative credit institutions in India. It will earn from the money given as rent by the farmers. This is a major decision to boost agricultural production and a step towards “Doubling Farmers Income by 2022”.