Andhra Pradesh government starts AP Surya Shakti Scheme registration 2024 to provide subsidy on rooftop solar panels. In this scheme, the state govt. would setup Rooftop Solar Panels on Subsidy for all homes in AP. All the domestic consumers of 1A and 1B category can now install rooftop PV (photovoltaic) systems for AP Surya Sakthi Yojana for household purposes. People can now make AP Surya Shakti Scheme Registration at meeseva centers to avail benefits.
The consumers can sell the surplus power generated by subsidized solar power units to the electricity department after meeting their own demands. Each Subsidized Rooftop Solar Panel Unit which costs around Rs. 60,000 would be provided @ just Rs. 10,000 to individual consumers. To avail the benefits of Rooftop Solar Panels on Subsidy, candidates can make AP Surya Shakti Scheme registration before the last date to apply online or offline.
AP Surya Shakti Scheme Registration 2024
All the individual consumers can install rooftop solar panel units, but for this AP Surya Shakti Scheme Registration is required. People can now go to the nearest Mee Seva Centers and have to register their name. The application fees for name inclusion in Rooftop Solar Panel Subsidy Scheme in AP is Rs. 50. All the solar units which comes at cost of around Rs. 60,000 in open market would be provided at subsidized rate of just Rs. 10,000.
AP Rooftop Solar Panel Subsidy Registration Process
For proper installation of solar panel units in the rooftop, it is important that the interested households should register for the same. Here is the complete registration process to setup solar power panel units on subsidy in AP state.
- For AP Surya Shakti Scheme registration, interested candidate should visit the nearest MeeSeva Center. In the centers, they have to register in order to enjoy the subsidy that would be given for the solar panel unit installation.
- At the time of registration, the interested households should pay Rs. 50 as application fee. However, the actual cost of the solar power units is rupees 60000 that will be given to the households for rupees 10000 for their help.
Eligibility Criteria to Apply for Rooftop Solar Panel Subsidy Scheme in AP
Here is the complete eligibility criteria for a solar unit subsidy in Andhra Pradesh state under AP Surya Shakti Yojana:-
- Availability of 100 sq.ft shadow free area – Families who wants to get solar units installed on their rooftops must have shadow-free area of 100 square feet available on the rooftop of their buildings for proper installation. Without the required area, it may not be possible to set up the solar units in the rooftop area.
- Feasibility Report – After registration at Mee Seva center and payment of application fees, feasibility report is also required. The rooftop solar panels unit will be granted only after a physical inspection and submission of the feasibility report. APSPDCL will also take care of the maintenance of PV (photovoltaic) units for 5 years free of cost.
- 1KW capacity users – The rooftop solar panels on subsidy will only be provided to 1 KW capacity users. Moreover, the solar unit would not be exclusively granted for water motors or penthouses.
DISCOM has already entered into an MoU with 3 companies to set up rooftop solar units in selected cities of Andhra Pradesh including Guntur city. The name of 3 companies are – Rays Power Experts Private Limited Rajasthan, Junna Solar Systems Private Limited Hyderabad and Sun Sine Solutions Private Limited Chennai.
List of Documents Required for AP Surya Shakti Scheme
- Property documents – To get shadow-free area of 100 square feet, the candidate has to produce property related papers in support of the claim that they have enough space in the rooftops to set up the solar panel units. These documents would be required at the MeeSeva center for inspection.
- Electricity coverage – The households have to produce details of electricity consumption of the house. This would be required to know whether it the house is a 1KW capacity user or not. Only then, the family will be eligible to get the subsidy from the government.
- Income details – The household have to produce relevant income details. It would be required to consider whether the household is suitable to get the subsidy benefits under the scheme or not. This required document should be produced at the time of registration for the scheme.
- Residential proof – The households have to produce residential proof and related documents during registration. This will be required as only residents of Guntur city are allowed to get the subsidy benefits under the scheme. So, they have to produce identity proof such as Aadhaar card, voter ID card or ration card.
Salient Features of AP Surya Shakti Yojana 2024
- Setting up of solar panels– The central government would setup solar panels in houses rooftops as the extension of AP Surya Shakti Scheme benefitting the households of the state. In addition to this, the households can use the solar energy such as selling it to electricity department after meeting the required demands.
- Use of solar power units – The households can use the solar power units to meet different household needs after which they can sell the excess to earn from it. However, the solar panel units are worth of rupees 60000 that will be given to the households for rupees 10000 for their help.
- Households to get benefits – The benefits of the extended scheme would be enjoyed by 1A and 1B households. In the respective houses, the solar power units will be installed by initiative of the central government.
Therefore, by proper extension of the above-said scheme, the households in Andhra Pradesh will get photovoltaic units for their home. However, the benefits of the subsidy scheme would be given only to the households of Guntur.