Uttar Pradesh government will start UP Matra Bhumi Yojana on 2 October 2022 for development of rural infrastructure. Earlier, CM Yogi Adityanath announced the launch of उत्तर प्रदेश मातृभूमि योजना (UP Mathrubhumi Yojana) on 15 September 2021. This Matrabhumi Yojana aims to make common man a direct participant in development work of the state and strengthen participatory rural economy and infrastructure. In this article, we will tell you about the complete details of the UP Matribhumi Yojana.
Uttar Pradesh Matrabhumi Yojana Latest Update
On 10 November 2021, a proposal has been cleared by the state cabinet to launch “Uttar Pradesh Matrabhumi Yojana”. The aim of the scheme is to make common citizens direct participants in the development work of the state. UP Mathrubhumi Yojana will be launched on 2 October 2022 on the occasion of Gandhi Jayanti.
Under the Matra Bhumi Yojana scheme, the government will bear 40 per cent of the total cost of the project (construction of a community building, hospital, school, or common service center, among others) while the remaining 60 per cent will be contributed by common citizens if interested. In return, the project will be named after the relatives of the collaborators as per their wish.
Implementation of UP Mathrubhumi Yojana
Through this scheme, individuals can fund infrastructure development in their native region with the government bearing 40% of the cost. For the scheme, the government has also decided to introduce a Rs. 100 crore corpus. The proposal to launch a rehabilitation scheme for Bengali Hindus that migrated in the 1970s from East Pakistan has been approved by the government as well, according to an IE report. There are 63 such Hindu Bengali families, as per the proposal, who will be rehabilitated on approximately 121.41 hectares of land in the district of Kanpur Dehat.
According to the report, under the scheme of Uttar Pradesh Matrabhumi Yojana, such families will be given land of 2 acres for agriculture purposes as well as 200 square metre area for residence on a Re 1 lease for a period of 30 years, which can be extended for another 30 years’ duration twice. Besides, it also said that these families will be given an amount of Rs 1.2 lakh for the construction of the house. According to a government spokesperson, earlier, the 65 families were given jobs at a mill in the city of Meerut, Uttar Pradesh, which shut in the year 1984.
UP Matra Bhumi Yojana (उत्तर प्रदेश मातृभूमि योजना) 2023 Details
CM Yogi Adityanath says under UP Mathrubhumi Yojana, every person will get a chance to directly participate in various works of infrastructure development in villages. The state government will bear 50% of the total cost of the project, while the remaining 50% will be contributed by the interested people. In return the project can be named after the relatives of the collaborators as per their wish.
Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath has made the announcement regarding UP Matra Bhumi Yojana while inaugurating and laying the foundation stones of various roads under PM Gramin Sadak Yojana (PMGSY) and district panchayats using hot mix and full depth reclamation (FDR) method. CM even asked the departments of rural development and panchayati raj to submit an action plan for the formal launch of the new UP Matribhumi Yojana.
UP Matribhumi Yojana in Improving Rural Infrastructure
CM mentioned that continuous work was being done by the central and the state governments for the overall development of villages. The Uttar Pradesh Matra Bhumi Yojana can prove to be a good attempt in the establishment of the following in villages:-
- Health centre
- Anganwadi centre
- Open gym
- Cattle breed Improvement centre
- Fire service station
Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath further said that whether for setting up CCTVs for smart villages, development of funeral sites or for installation of solar lights, there could be public participation in every work. Through new UP Mathrubhumi Yojana, the person concerned will be able to take full credit for the project by bearing half of the total cost. While making interaction with the presidents and members of Gram Panchayat, Kshetra Panchayat and District Panchayat, the CM said that the panchayats needed to be self-reliant.
On rural development, CM further said that roads were not just a means of transport but also a powerful means of strengthening the rural economy. Countries with developed infrastructure are also economically prosperous. In a state like Uttar Pradesh, about 80% of the population lives in rural background. To strengthen the rural economy, good roads and better connectivity are essential which is being done continuously through PMGSY.
CM also pointed out that the Pradhan Mantri Gram Sadak Yojana, which was started by former Prime Minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee in the year 2000, had become a medium for the progress of villages.