Kerala state government has launched the education loan repayment scheme 2023 in the state to help repay the education loans of students. The state government is inviting online registrations and claim application forms from the students for availing the scheme benefits through its newly launched portal at www.elrs.kerala.gov.in
Students can do the online registration for the education loan repayment scheme at elrs.kerala.gov.in and fill the claim application form along with attaching the required documents. The scheme may also be termed as “Education Loan Repayment Support Scheme” or “Education Loan Repayment Subsidy Scheme“. Below is the complete procedure to register online as student and fill claim application form for the education loan repayment scheme.
Kerala Education Loan Repayment Support Scheme 2023
The scheme would be adopted by all the Scheduled Commercial Banks/Co-operative banks and would be applicable only for the recognized Technical/Professional Courses in India. But this scheme would not be applicable for the students admitted in Management/NRI quota as well as unrecognized institutes except students who secured admission for nursing courses under management quota.
Kerala Education Loan Repayment Scheme Online Registration
STEP 1: Visit the official website of Kerala Education Loan Repayment Scheme at elrs.kerala.gov.in
STEP 2: Click on the “Student Registration” button and fill the registration form as seen below.
STEP 3: After Registration, a user ID and password would be sent to the registered mobile number of the applicant which will be used to fill the online application form.
After submitting the application online, you should take a print out of the application, sign and submit it with requisite/supporting documents to the bank.
About Registration ID Number – This will facilitate to authenticate your Identity and will help in avoiding duplication. Using this Id only you can login to the website.
Kerala Govt Schemes 2023Popular Schemes in Kerala:Samagra Question Pool Portal Registration / Login OnlineKerala Voter List / ID Card DownloadKarunya Arogya Suraksha Padhathi Yojana
Download Certificate of Eligibility under Student Education Loan Repayment Scheme
Visit the official website at http://elrs.kerala.gov.in/. At the homepage, click at the “Download Certificate of Eligibility – Annexure 2 Format Here” link. The the Student Education Loan Repayment Scheme Eligibility Certificate will appear as shown below:-
How to Apply Online for Education Loan Repayment Claim
On completion of the registration, a user ID and password will be sent to the registered mobile number of the applicant. For filing claim application, the applicant has to login to the homepage of the http://elrs.kerala.gov.in/ portal and enter the following information using this user ID and password.
- Full permanent address of the applicant
- Name of parent/spouse/guardian
- Details of co borrower(in the case of student deceased or suffered 80% & more disability)
- Details of the professional course studied (for which the education loan was availed)
- Whether Management & NRI Quota or not
- Date of completion of course
- Category of the student
- Details of the bank from which loan was availed
- Details of the loan availed
- Amount repaid (interest subvention shall not be treated as repayment for this scheme)
- Present Annual income of the family
- Present employment details of student (not applicable for deceased student/student with 80% or more disability)
- Present Annual income of the student (not applicable for deceased student/student with 80% or more disability)
- Date of occurrence of disability/death in the case of deceased student /student with 80% or more disability
- Details of relief availed under any other scheme (if any)
- Choosing Govt Support category
In case of Forgot User ID / Password, click the link – http://elrs.kerala.gov.in/index.php/home/forgot_password
List of Required Documents
The applicant is required to upload copies (in PDF format) of the following certificates.
At the time of Registration
1) Copy of 10th pass certificate of student ,
2) Copy of Aadhaar of student (of co borrower in the case of student deceased/suffered 80 % or more disability) ,
3) Income Tax PAN of student (of co borrower in the case of student deceased/suffered 80 % or more disability)
At the time of filing application
1) Eligibility certificate issued by the Village Officer and countersigned by a gazetted Officer. (The format can be downloaded from the portal)
2) Death Certificate issued by the Registrar of Deaths of the concerned local body (in the case of deceased student)
3) Disability certificate by competent authority as stipulated in the Persons with Disabilities Act 1995 (in the case of a student borrower suffering permanent physical/mental disability of 40 % or more)
4) Course Completion certificate pertaining to the course for which the education loan was availed). (If the student discontinued the course for medical or other valid reasons, a certificate from the head of institution, stating the reason for discontinuation)
5) Salary certificate in the case of a student employed in formal sector (not applicable for deceased/student with % or more disability)
After filling the mandatory fields and uploading the certificates, the registration form is to be submitted. After filling all the fields and uploading the certificates, the applications can be submitted online in the portal
Kerala Education Loan Repayment Scheme Last Date Extended
Last date for submitting online application for Kerala Education Loan Repayment Scheme has been extended by the state government. The new last date for the scheme is 31st December. Earlier, the last date for submission of application and claim forms for the scheme was 31st October.
Online registration for the Kerala Education Loan repayment scheme are being invited through the official website of the scheme at www.elrs.kerala.gov.in. All eligible students can register themselves at the portal and submit application form for the claim of repayment of their education loan. The state government has also added the option to edit the application form after submission in the website. Students can also edit their Matriculation details after the submission.
Under the scheme, the state government is re-paying the education loans of students whose annual household income is not more than 6 Lakh per annum. However, only the students who have taken loans of up to Rs. 9 Lakh will be benefited under the scheme. The total budget of the scheme is Rs. 900 Crore.
- The student should be an individual permanent resident of Kerala
- The KYC records should match with that provided with the bank
- Only those education loans availed from a branch situated in Kerala, of, a scheduled commercial bank, Kerala Gramin bank Kerala State Co operative Bank, KSCARD Bank or any of the 14 District Co operative banks in the state are covered under the scheme
- Students who secured admission under Management seats/management quota/NRI Quota are not eligible. Management seats /management quota refers to seats in private education institutions for which the management has discretion to give admission on factors other than merit as explained in IBA’s “Revised guidance notes on model educational loan scheme for pursuing higher education in India and abroad.
- However, Students who secured admission under Management quota/Management seat for nursing courses are also eligible.
- Loans taken for study abroad are not eligible
- Income Tax Permanent Account Number (PAN) for the student borrower (for co borrower, in the case of a deceased student) is a pre requisite for registration
- Upper limit for present annual gross family/parental income is Rs.9 lakhs for deceased students, and students with disability of 40 % or more and 6 lakhs for all other categories.
- In addition to the above , the present Annual Income of student should be within 4 times of the scheduled annual repayment amount in the loan
- Student borrowers who become permanently mentally/physically disabled with 80% or more disability due to accident/ illness or expired during the course of study/tenure of the loan after availing the loan will be eligible for financial assistance irrespective of date and sanctioned amount of loan and classification of loan account.
Classification of Education Loans Sanctioned to Students in Kerala
Under the Kerala education loan repayment scheme 2023 Scheme, education loans sanctioned to students are classified into two categories namely
1. Education Loan Non-NPA/standard account
2. Education loan turned to NPA account on or before 31st March, 2022
Annual repayment amount (Principal plus Interest) will be shared between the Government and the borrower in the specified ratio during the 4 year relief period for the first category. In the case of the second category, Government will assist the borrower to settle and close the loan account by paying specified amount as per eligibility.
Out of the total loan repayment amount eligible under the scheme, state government would borne 60% while rest 40% will have to be borne by the students themselves. Students belonging to households whose annual household income is more than 6 Lakh are not eligible to apply for the scheme.
Launch of Kerala Education Loan Repayment Scheme
Kerala state government has launched the “Education Loan Repayment Scheme” with an aim to reduce the financial burden on families belonging to lower income group. The Rs. 900 crore scheme would benefit the students who have availed loans of upto Rs. 9 Lakh and whose annual household income is not more than Rs. 6 Lakh.
The scheme aims to extend help to those financially weaker students who didn’t get a job after their studies and unable to repay their education loan. The state government may extend the scheme by by infusing more funds in future. The current budget was set for the scheme on the basis of preliminary collected data. The government would conduct a detailed survey later to help all those students who are in real need of this scheme.
Kerala ELRS Operational Guidelines
The detailed guidelines of Kerala education loan repayment scheme can be downloaded from the official website at elrs.kerala.gov.in. People can even download the Certificate of Eligibility – Annexure 2 Format.
The education loan repayment scheme of Kerala Government would benefit those with total household income of not more than Rs. 6 Lakh per annum and have availed no more than Rs. 9 Lakh in education loan. Under the scheme, 60% of the loan repayment amount would be borne by the state government while rest 40% would have to be borne by the student itself.
The banks would have to waive interest on the loan and penal interest to avail repayment from the bank.
Highlights of Kerala Education Loan Repayment Scheme
- The scheme will apply to loans whose repayment began before April 1, 2022.
- The government will bear 90 percent of the amount repayable during the first year and 75 percent in the second year.
- 50 percent of the repayable amount in the third year and 25 percent in the fourth year would be borne by govt.
- For loans up to Rs 4 lakh which were deemed non-performing assets before March 31, 2022, the government will bear 60 per cent of the principal amount. The remaining 40 per cent has to be borne by the loanee.
- For loans between Rs 4 lakh and Rs 9 lakh that have turned NPAs, the state government will shoulder 50 percent of the principal amount, subject to a maximum of Rs 2.4 lakh.
For any query about the scheme, interested candidates can contact at the below mentioned contact details
Email – [email protected]
Contact Number – 0471-2517187 (All working days)
Or visit the contact page on official website.
198 thoughts on “Kerala Education Loan Repayment Scheme 2023 Student Registration / Application Forms at www.elrs.kerala.gov”
how can i register
Can I apply now for this scheme
Can i apply for this scheme now ?
Can I apply now,for elrs
Is that possible now?
I have also applied for elrs programme for loan repayment. But I haven’t received any update from federal bank branch for further processing. its still shows submitted to branch in the website. Is there any one here got amount intimation from bank ?
same. I have applied for ELRS in October 2017 and still its not processed. I am paying little amount so its not in NPA.
Buy verified european /US /UK passport, id cards,visas,driver’s license (infodocuments4 @ g mail.com
We are the best producers of quality documents,With over 12 million of
our documents circulating over the world.
I submutted my application before last date of submission and also i submitted the hard copy of submitted details to bank but now my application not in the bank portal . I can’t update my profile details what i do?
Sir, I am parvathy v iam summitted my Application for the date of 24/11/2017, that time my my Application is rejected ,Noe bank suggestting to edit some details , iam editing my Application , this time iam eligible for this scheme my status is saved , but my application not in the bank site what can i do.
MY NAME IS AMRUTHA ,I ALSO APPLIED FOR THIS EDUCATIONAL LOAN REPAYMENT SUPPORT SCHEME,I COMPLEATED GRADUATION 2014,NOW MY BANK IS REJECTED AND RESUBMITTED THE APPLICATION TODAY ,PLEASE TAKE AN ACTION TO CHECK IT OUT SIR.
Sir I took loan in 2009.loan santioned about 229000.i took only 218000only.now ialredy remitted nearly170000.now I got a message that my claim for educational loan accepted. Then I want to remit RS0(zero)with in 90days.am I eligible for this scheme?can I need to pay further installments?
The student who had paid 40% of the loan amount before this scheme was introduced will be eligible. ThankYou
I losed my user I’d and password,I tried to retrieve my username and password but site showing sending OTP failed.i hav to open my file because bank didn’t get any response from education loan repayment site ,so they told me to re-submit but I can’t open because of lose user id and password.please do needfully
“GET A GUARANTEED PERSONAL AND BUSINESS LOAN @ 3% INTEREST RATE APPLY NOW” at +919148139430 ([email protected])
How to edit the details in applicfation form , becoz now portal is disabled the editing option
Now bank suggesting to edit some details, please suggest
Sir i am already subimitted all the relavant documents to uninon bank of india and upload the required details into the website also.By when will i get to know i am eligible or not and when will i can receive the eligible repayment from govt.
I am Aswathy. I have completed my Graduation in nursing two years before. I took financial support from a nationalised bank in our locality,so that I applied for prime minister’s educational loan concession scheme.But unfortunately the bank rejected my application.I attached all the required documents along with my application. So I hope you will take necessary action with immediate effect.
Im completed my corse under the management couta then i dont have pan card zerox copy y bcose missing my card but i have pan numper so im elegible or not apply the study loan scheam pls to be reply.
after my registration paid my first instalment bt fell some technical error in remittance
I’m from Kerala but I completed my B Tech from Tamil Nadu college(Merit seat, still bank has provided loan), so is there a chance not to get this repayment facility.
SIR MY APPLICATION IS NOT RECEIVED THE BANK. THEY ARE TELLING YOUR ACCOUNT IS TRANSFERD TO RELIANCE. WHAT CAN I DO SIR
plz extend the date sub.ission
Sir, i joined in Management quota, but i was eligible for merit also. can i apply?
I have updated wrong year of passing in matriculation details. My userid also changed with it. But when i loggin with the updated user id, matriculation details update option disabled for my portal now. How can i change the year again???
The repayment date of my educational loan started after 31 March 2016 .whether I am eligible for applying kerala education loan repayment scheme
Thank u so much sir
Is necessary to submit the application form in the bank?
i am interested this
Sir my college name is adarsha college of nursing under dr NTR university of health science..this not including this elrs site..what i need to do for this…?
Contact at the helpline details mentioned in the article above
I have completed the registration procedure and uploaded all the required documents. When I try to take the print out there is an error message showing. I am unable to take the print out. What can I do?
There might be some technical issue, you can wait or contact at the helpline contact details mentioned in the article
Sir..I have no pancard but applied for pan card.acknowledge number enough for this?
I completed my course in july 2016, can apply for this, am I eligible?
I am also trying to apply for this scheme,i have applied for a pan card but not yet recieved,what shall i do now sir
I am trying to apply for this educational loan repayment scheme,i have applied for a pan card but it is not yet recieved.
The last date is 31 october.what can i do now sir
Sir….my educational loan bank is kotak mahindra bank vadakara branch.this bank is not included in this scheme.so I couldnt apply for this scheme.my registration is already completed
The repayment date of my educational loan started after 31 March 2016 .whether I am eligible for applying kerala education loan repayment scheme.kindly give me a reply
My college name is not listed in it what can I do. My application I’d is 4879570104
Contact at helpline
Sir. My collage name is sri umamaheswhara school of nursing gulburga. Is not include in the list.what can I do?
This is sureshpremkumar.I was completed my BE degree in Arulmigu Kalasalingam college of Engineering in virudhunagar district at Tamilnadu. BUt Here not show my college name in list.What can i do? please I await for your reply as soon as possible .
“JABALPUR INSTITUTE OF NURSING SCIENCE & RESEARCH” IS NOT IN THE LIST. KINDLY DO THE NEEDFUL.