Finance Minister had announced Mukhyamantri Gau Mata Poshan Yojana 2023 in Gujarat Budget 2022-23 and now it’s implementation is going to start. In this Mukhyamantri Gaumata Poshan Yojana, the state govt. will provide assistance to Gaushala, Panjrapole and Trust managed institutions for preservation of cow and infrastructural facilities. In this article, we will provide you the complete details about the गऊ माता पोषण योजना which is going to be implemented from 30 September 2022.
Gujarat Mukhyamantri Gaumata Poshan Yojana Launch Update
The Gujarat government has decided to provide a financial assistance of Rs 30 per cattle to registered trusts in the state under the Mukhyamantri Gaumata Poshan Yojana. The state cabinet headed by Chief Minister Bhupendra Patel, on 18 May 2022 approved the implementation of the scheme and now PM Modi will launch Mukhyamantri Gau mata poshan yojana on 30 September 2022.
The state government has allocated Rs. 500 crore in its annual budget for the year for the Mukhyamantri Gau Mata Poshan Yojana to be helpful to around 4.42 lakh cattle in various cattle-ponds in the state. In addition to this, the government will also give Rs. 2 crore assistance to cattle ponds spreading over 14 acres and maintaining more than 1,000 cattle for setting up cattle dung based bio-gas plant.
About Mukhyamantri Gau Mata Poshan Yojana 2022
In order to fulfil the resolve of the government towards cows, a scheme named “Mukhyamantri Gau Mata Poshan Yojana” was announced in Gujarat Budget 2022-23. This Mukhyamantri Gaumata Poshan Yojana was announced for the operations and maintenance of Gaushalas and Panjarapoles. A provision of Rs. 500 crores has been made for Mukhyamantri Gau Mata Poshan Yojana. Further, a provision of Rs. 100 crores has been made for special activities in urban and rural areas to resolve the problem of stray animals.
Cow has immense importance in the Indian culture. Cow protection and cow rearing is paramount since the ages of Dwarikadhish Lord Shri Krishna. The State Government is active for the protection and conservation of cows. Non-government and voluntary organizations are contributing significantly along with the government, for preservation and protection of the cows. Panjarapoles and Gaushalas in the state are taking care of thousands of cows and other animals.
Mukhyamantri Gau Mata Poshan Yojana in Gujarat Budget 2022-23
To promote animal husbandry, a number of schemes including Mukhyamantri Gau Mata Poshan Yojana have been started. Following allocations for these schemes have been made in Gujarat Budget 2022-23:-
- A provision of Rs. 500 crore to Gaushala, Panjrapole and Trust managed institutions for preservation of cow and infrastructural facilities in Mukhyamantri Gau Mata Poshan Yojana.
- A provision of Rs. 300 crore for interest relief to Animal keepers on sort term loan.
- Provision of Rs. 80 crore to provide subvention for setting up dairy farm and animal unit at rural level for self-employment.
- A provision of Rs. 58 crore to continue the services of mobile veterinary dispensary and make them more compact.
- Provision of Rs. 50 crore for too look after the stray animals in rural areas.
- A provision of Rs. 44 crore to provide benefit of cattle feed through Khandan Sahay Yojana to animal keepers during pre and post deliveries of their animals.
- A provision of Rs. 24 crore for Mukhyamantri Nishulk Pashu Saravar Yojana.
- Provision of Rs. 12 crore for construction of milk house/godowns for rural milk producing cooperative societies.
- A provision of Rs. 8 crore for Karuna Animal ambulance 1962.
Interest Subvention for Rabi, Summer Short Term Crop Loans
Government has taken numerous steps for increasing farmer’s income and making agriculture remunerative. Organic farming is being encouraged so that farmers can reduce expenses and earn more. Dang District has become the first district to fully adopt organic farming. Government has taken immediate relief measures for the farmers at the time of natural disaster. At present, interest subvention scheme is under implementation for the kharif short term crop loan only. A new scheme is announced to provide interest subvention for the rabi and summer short term crop loan also.
Interest Subsidy on Short Term Loans to Cattlemen / Fishermen
There has been a demand by the cattlemen and the fishermen for providing them similar interest subvention for loan under the Kisan Credit Card (KCC) as that of the farmers. In order to increase the productivity of the dairy and fisheries sectors, A scheme is announced to provide interest subvention on the short term loans to the cattlemen and the fishermen. Under this scheme interest free loan to the tune of ₹ 8 to 10 thousand crores is estimated to be availed.
Gujarat Govt Schemes 2023Popular Schemes in Gujarat:Namo E Tab SchemeGujarat Bhulekh Naksha - Check Land Records OnlineGujarat Ration Card List
Provision for Agriculture, Farmers Welfare and Cooperation Department
- Keeping the welfare of the farmers in focus, the scheme to provide subvention of Rs. 6 thousand per year to every farmer household under Pradhanmantri Kisan Samman Nidhi has been implemented. Under this scheme, approximately 61 lakh farmers in Gujarat have received a total amount of Rs. 10 thousand crore in their bank accounts through direct transfer of payment.
- A huge subsidy of Rs. 8 thousand 300 crore is provided to make agricultural connections available to farmers with subsidies power. All the pending applications for the power connection will be cleared before the Amrut Mahotsav of independence to provide power connection to farmers.
- A provision of Rs. 2310 crore for various schemes for crop husbandry.
- Provision of Rs. 260 crore to provide subvention in purchasing tractors and various farm machineries under mechanization of agriculture.
- Provision of Rs. 231 crore for various projects related to agriculture and allied sectors under Rashtriya Krishi Vikas Yojana.
- A provision of Rs. 213 crore for maintenance of cows for the farmers who are engaged in organic farming entirely based on cows.
- A provision of Rs. 142 crore for constructing small godowns on farms under Mukhymantri Pak Sangrah Yojana.
- Gujarat Prakrutik Krushi Vikas Board has been formed to provide a boost to organic farming.
- The board will work towards enhancing agricultural production by integrating farmers with this campaign. A provision of Rs. 100 crore for this purpose.
- A provision of Rs. 100 crore to provide subvention to Agro and Food Processing Units under Sarvagrahi Krishi Vyavasay Niti.
- Provision of Rs. 81 crore under Khedut Khatedar Akasmat Bima Yojana.
- A provision of Rs. 54 crore to provide one drum and two plastic baskets free of cost to farmers of the state to carry out multipurpose activities.
- A provision of Rs. 35 crore for increasing agricultural production by sprinkling fertilizers and insecticides with the help of drone and thereby decreasing the cost of agricultural inputs.
- Provision of Rs. 32 crore to encourage farmers engaged in organic farming in the Dangs district, for entirely chemical free cultivation.
- A provision of Rs. 20 crore for eracting solar power fencing around farms to prevent the crop being damaged by wild animals.
- A provision of Rs. 17 crore for storage of fertilizers in order to provide fertilizer to the farmers in time and in adequate quantity.
- A provision of Rs. 15 crore to provide subvention on the purchase of goods carrying vehicles for transportation of agricultural products.
- A provision of Rs. 10 crore to promote “Sanedo”, an agricultural implement, developed by local manufacturers of the state.
Provision for Horticulture Department Schemes in Gujarat Budget 2022-23
There is a total provision of Rs. 369 crore for the schemes under the Directorate of Horticulture.
- A provision of Rs. 10 crore to increase the area under cultivation of Kamalam (dragon fruit).
- A provision of Rs. 10 crore to engage 10,000 farmers of the state in honey production to provide a boost to the Honey Revolution.
- Provision of Rs. 7 crore under Comprehensive Horticulture Development Program.
- A provision of Rs. 7 crore to establish 3 centres of excellence for horticulture crops, one each at Ahmedabad, Jamnagar and Kheda districts.
Provision for Agricultural Univesities in Gujarat Budget
A provision of Rs. 757 crore to intensify Agricultural Research and Education Programs under agricultural universities.
A provision of Rs. 137 crore for management of Kamdhenu University and to provide impetus to agricultural research programs.
Provision for Fisheries Sector in State Budget
Total provision of Rs. 880 crore for Fisheries Division.
- A provision of Rs. 264 crore for maintenance of the existing ports, strengthening the infrastructural facilities and to provide facility of floating jetty at Chorwad and Umarsadi.
- A provision of Rs. 230 crore for the scheme to exempt VAT on high speed diesel oil for the fishermen.
- A provision of Rs. 201 crore to construct 5 new all-weather fishing ports at Nava Bandar, Veraval-2, Madhvad, Porbandar-2 and Sutrapada.
- A provision of Rs. 75 crore to provide interest relief on sort term loans to fishermen.
- Provision of Rs. 40 crore to provide modern equipment to fishermen and thereby increase their security and productivity.
- A provision of Rs. 30 crore for Pradhanmantri Matsya Sampada Yojana.
- A provision of Rs. 25 crore to provide subvention for equipment to the beneficiaries engaged in inland fisheries.
- Provision of Rs. 5 crore for various schemes for providing infrastructural facilities to prawn fishing farms for development of brackish water fisheries.
Cooperation Department Schemes Allocation
- A provision of Rs. 1250 crore for this scheme to provide interest relief to farmers for Kharif and Rabi crops.
- A provision of Rs. 50 crore for the management and strengthening of Agricultural Marketing System.
- Provision of Rs. 13 crore for interest relief on short and long term credit to Sugar Cooperative Societies.
- A provision of Rs. 10 crore for reviving co- operative sugar mill.
- Provision of Rs. 2 crore to provide trollies to porters in agriculture produce marketing committees for transporting goods.
Source / Reference Link: https://financedepartment.gujarat.gov.in/Documents/Bud-Eng_1150_2022-3-3_836.pdf
4 thoughts on “Gujarat Mukhyamantri Gaumata Poshan Yojana 2023 Implementation Starts”
हाजी में गौ शाला खोलना चाहता हु
Pl provide details of scheme for “Provision of Rs. 50 crore for to look after the stray animals in rural areas”. This can be done by Panjarapoles in Gujarat State.
Hme bhi chahiye