|CCS Pension Rules 2021 PDF
|July 6, 2023
|No. of Pages
|Government Schemes, Forms, Policies & Guidelines PDF
|Topic / Tag
|Govt Scheme Guidelines, Pension Schemes in India
|Source(s) / Credits
Central Civil Services (Pension) Rules, 2021 available to download in PDF format at pensionersportal.gov.in. The CCS Pension Rules 2021 PDF are the new set of rules for Old Pension Scheme which have been notified by the central government. These CCS (Pension) Rules, 2021 rules are the revamped version of the earlier notified CCS (Pension) Rules, 1972.
Central Civil Services (Pension) Rules, 2021
Central Civil Services (Pension) Rules, 2021 shall apply to the following:-
- a Government servant who was put on induction training on or before 31st day of December, 2003 followed by appointment on regular basis after 31st day of December, 2003. Provided that completion of the induction training was an essential condition for appointment on regular basis to the post, the Government servant was eligible for a salary or a stipend during the period of such training and the period of training was eligible for being counted as qualifying service in accordance with the provisions of Central Civil Services (Pension) Rules, 1972.
- a Government servant who was initially appointed on or before 31st December, 2003,-
- in an establishment or Department of the Central Government whose employees were covered by a pension scheme other than the Central Civil Services (Pension) Rules, 1972; or
- in a State Government or an autonomous body under the Central Government or State Government having a non-contributory pension scheme similar to the Central Civil Services (Pension) Rules, 1972,
and was subsequently appointed after 31st December, 2003 in an establishment of a Central Government to which these rules apply, subject to the condition that the said Government servant fulfils all other conditions for counting of service rendered in such establishment of the Central Government or State Government or autonomous body, in accordance with these rules or any general or special order issued in this regard
- a Government servant appointed after 31st December, 2003 to a civil service or post in connection with the affairs of the Union, if he fulfils the conditions for coverage under these rules in accordance with any special or general order issued by the Government in this regard.
- subject to the provisions of rule 15, persons who were regularly appointed in Government service after 31st December, 2003 but were conferred temporary status on or before 31st December, 2003 in accordance with the “Casual Labourers (Grant of Temporary Status and Regularisation) Scheme of Government of India, 1993” notified by Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions (Department of Personnel and Training) and such temporary status is followed without interruption by regular appointment in Government service.
- the cases where in the event of death or discharge from service on the ground of invalidation in the case of a Government servant who, having been appointed to civil services and posts in connection with the affairs of the Union after 31st day of December, 2003, is covered by the Central Civil Services (Implementation of National Pension System) Rules, 2021, the benefits of Invalid Pension under rule 39 and Family Pension under rule 50 shall be payable to the Government servant or his family, as the case may be, if the Government servant had exercised an option to this effect under rule 10 of the Central Civil Services (Implementation of National Pension System) Rules, 2021 or in whose case the default option is for availing benefits under these rules or the Central Civil Services (Pension) Rules, 1972.
- the case of Government servants appointed in temporary capacity to civil services and posts in connection with the affairs of the Union on or before 31st day of December, 2003, who retired or were retired before having been appointed in a substantive capacity, the benefits under these rules shall be payable to the Government servant to the extent provided in the Central Civil Services (Temporary Service) Rules, 1965.