|PDF Name||Old Pension Scheme Rules 1972 PDF|
|Last Updated||July 18, 2023|
|No. of Pages||457|
|PDF Size||3.57 MB|
|Topic / Tag||Govt Scheme Guidelines, Pension Schemes in India|
|Source(s) / Credits||Sarkari Yojana|
Old Pension Scheme Rules 1972 available to download in PDF format at cag.gov.in. You can now check and download CCS (Pension) Rules, 1972 as Punjab govt has promised to reintroduce it. Central Civil Services (Pension) Rules, 1972 comes into force from 1st June 1972.
What is Old Pension Scheme
Old Pension Scheme is the common name for Central Civil Services (Pension) Rules 1972. These CCS (Pension) Rules, 1972 shall apply to the Government servants appointed on or before 31st day of December, 2003, including civilian Government servants in the Defence Services, appointed substantively to civil services and posts in connection with the affairs of the Union which are borne on pensionable establishments, but shall not apply to,
- railway servants ;
- persons in casual and daily rated employment ;
- persons paid from contingencies ;
- persons entitled to the benefit of a Contributory Provident Fund ;
- members of the All India Services ;
- persons locally recruited for service in diplomatic, consular or other Indian establishments in foreign countries ;
- persons employed on contract except when the contract provides otherwise ; and
- persons whose terms and conditions of service are regulated by or under the provisions of the Constitution or any other law for the time being in force.
CCS (Pension) Rules, 1972 have been replaced by CCS Pension Rules, 2021 but these rules are relevant today as some of the state governments are announcing to restore that version of pension. For eg- Bhagwant Mann led Punjab government has recently announced to restore old pension scheme across the state.