Uttarakhand Former CM Trivendra Singh Rawat had launched the Mukhyamantri Anchal Amrit Yojana in Dehradun on 13 March 2020. Along with children b/w 3 to 6 years of age who are already getting milk under Mukhya Mantri Aanchal Amrit Yojana, Sh. Pushkar Singh Dhami led state govt. will now provide nutritious milk once in a week to children studying in class 1st to 8th under Mid Day Meal Scheme. Around 1,72,000 children studying in Anganwadi schools are being provided with milk 4 times in a week. Now 6,90,000 children from 17,045 schools will also be provided milk once a week.
Uttarakhand Mukhya Mantri Aanchal Amrit Yojana in Budget 2023
Mukhya mantri Aanchal Amrit Yojana has been started to improve the nutrition and health of children. Under this scheme, children of age 3 to 6 years who come to all Anganwadi centers are given 100 ml of sweet fortified milk containing vitamin A and D four days a week. A provision of Rs. 13 crore has been made in the Uttarakhand budget under Anchal Amrit Yojana 2023.
What is Uttarakhand Mukhyamantri Anchal Amrit Yojana 2023
Children would get proper nutrition through Aanchal Amrit Yojna initiative which would help in curbing the menace of malnutrition. There are around 20,000 Anganwadi kendras in the state of Uttarakhand and flavoured, sweet and skimmed milk powder is given to children at these centers. The children between 3 to 6 years of age are getting free milk under Mukhyamantri Anchal Amrit Yojana in Uttarakhand. Now class 1 to 8 students will also get this nutritious milk.
From this sahkarita abhiyan, the undernourished children studying at Anganwadi centers would be provided proper nutrition in the upcoming years.
Salient Features of Mukhyamantri Anchal Amrit Yojana
The important features and highlights of Mukhyamantri Anchal Amrit Yojana in Uttarakhand are as follows:-
- CM of Uttarakhand has launched Mukhyamantri Anchal Amrit Yojana on 13 March 2020 in Dehradun.
- Free milk is already given to children at Anganwadi kendras 4 times in a week.
- Around 1.72 lakh children are getting 100 ml free milk at around 20,000 Anganwadi kendras across the state.
- Now 1 to 8th class students will also get nutritious milk under Mid Day Meal Scheme.
- Now 6.9 lakh children from 17,045 schools will also get nutritious milk once a week.
- Flavoured, sweet, skimmed milk powder will be made available for children under Amrit Yojana.
- The primary focus of this scheme is to ensure that the state has healthy children which are necessary for making country’s future healthy and secure.
Ministry of Women Empowerment and Child Development has termed this scheme as a big step towards fighting malnutrition in the state. The need to launch Mukhyamantri Anchal Amrit Yojana has been felt as there are 18,000 children in the state who are suffering from malnutrition.
As per the official statement made by the CM, he said that “there are around 7 lakh+ students studying in Anganwadi Kendras / Govt. Schools. As most of these children comes from deprived sections of society and does not have proper access to nutrition, so govt. will now provide them with free milk. Milk is a high quality nutrition source, so govt. will provide nutritious milk once in a week to those children”.
Source / Reference Link: https://budget.uk.gov.in/files/budget_bhasan.pdf