One Time Grant for Media Personality Scheme 2023 has been launched by the Assam government. In this scheme, the state govt. will provide one time grant of Rs. 50,000 to journalists who have no affiliation to any political party. Only those journalists who have published or broadcast at least three success stories of government schemes in the last 12 months can apply. The scheme namely One Time Grant for Media Personality will come into immediate effect and will be an annual affair.
One Time Grant for Media Personality Scheme 2023 – Complete Details
As per the official guidelines of Assam One Time Grant for Media Personality Scheme, each journalists will get Rs. 50,000 annually. The major objective is to encourage journalists to become unbiased, truthful and not becoming puppet of any particular party. In this article, we will tell you about the eligibility criteria and complete details about the scheme.
Objectives of One Time Grant for Media Personality Scheme
The assistance is intended to support journalists in their pursuit of outstanding achievements and also to support them in the time of need. The main objectives of One Time Grant for Media Personality Scheme are as follows:-
- To uphold the dignity of media persons.
- To inspire and motivate the media persons to excel in the field of journalism.
Eligibility Criteria for Rs. 50,000 Scheme for Journalists in Assam
Here is the eligibility criteria to become eligible for One Time Grant for Medial Personality Scheme:-
- The applicant must be a permanent resident of Assam.
- The applicant must be an accredited/recognised journalist of Assam.
- This is open to all mainstream media journalists having accredited/recognised card of DIPR, Assam including freelancers from Print, Electronic and News Agencies.
- The minimum age of journalist should be 40 years. There is no upper limit.
- The applicant must have at least fifteen years of experience in the field of Journalism.
- Reporters/ journalists in print and electronic media have to submit 3 nos. of research based news / reporting / features / videos / documentaries. They must have minimum 3 nos. of ‘success stories’ of Government schemes published/broadcast in their respective media outlet during the last 12 months.
- Photojournalists/ video journalists in print and electronic media must submit minimum 3 nos. of still photographs or video of precise or extensive presentation/ coverage of certain subject matters/ events/ happenings during the last 12 months which are effective and beneficial for the people in terms of development, unity and integrity.
- A permanent / temporary / contractual employee of any Government / Semi Government /Autonomous Body / Board / Corporation / Council, etc., is not eligible to apply.
- The applicant’s affiliation to any political party will be termed as a disqualification.
- The applicant should not have been convicted for any criminal offence or punished by any Court of Law or reprimanded by the Press Council of India for mis-conduct or violation of ethics of journalism or for any other similar reason.
- Annual income of the applicant should be less than 5.00 Lakh. The Income Certificate in original duly issued by concerned Circle Officer should be enclosed along with the application.
- An applicant who is selected once for this assistance will not be eligible to apply again for this assistance.
- Journalist Pension holder is not eligible to apply.
- Canvasing for the grant in any form will disqualify the candidature. Any body found canvassing in his/her favour shall be debarred from consideration for grant.
Note – Furthermore, applicant should not have been convicted for any criminal offence or punished by any court of law or reprimanded by the Press Council of India for mis-conduct or violation of ethics of journalism or for any other similar reason.
One Time Grant for Media Personality Scheme Application Form PDF
Here is the direct link to download One Time Grant for Media Personality Scheme Application Form PDF – https://dipr.assam.gov.in/sites/default/files/swf_utility_folder/departments/dipr_webcomindia_org_oid_4/portlet/level_2/guideline_of_one_time_grant_for_media_personality.pdf
The One Time Grant for Media Personality Scheme Application Form PDF will appear as shown below:-
The applicant must fill out the prescribed application forms. An incomplete application or an application without the requisite components mentioned in the application guidelines will not be considered.
Submission of Registration Form of One Time Grant for Media Personality Scheme
The application should reach the Office of the Directorate of Information & Public Relations, Last Gate, Dispur, Guwahati-781006 within the fixed date which will be published through advertisement. Three sets of duly filled-up application forms (Schedule-I) will need to be submitted by each applicant.
The envelope should be super-scribed as ‘Application for One Time Grant for Media personality. Failure to enclose any of the below mentioned documents/items or furnishing of any invalid document may result in rejection of the application. The applicant must submit the following along with two sets of application:
- A brief Curriculum Vitae of applicant.
- Education and employment history.
- Self-attested testimonials/certificates in support of educational and professional qualifications.
- Recent passport size coloured photographs, one each to be pasted in two application forms.
- Reporters/ journalists in print and electronic media must provide copies of his/her 3 nos. of research based news / reporting / features / videos / documentaries. They must have minimum 3 nos. of ‘success stories’ of Government schemes published / broadcast in their respective media outlet during the last 12 months. All samples should be submitted 2 copies each along with two sets of application.
- Photojournalists/ video journalists in print and electronic media must submit minimum 3 nos. of still photographs or video of precise or extensive presentation/ coverage of certain subject matters/ events/ happenings during the last 12 months which are effective and beneficial for the people in terms of development, unity and integrity. All samples should be submitted 2 copies each along with two sets of application.
- Photocopy of the Identity Card issued by the Media House and DIPR, Assam.
- In case of freelancer, he/she will have to provide supporting documents as proof of his/her articles/news/reports, etc. published in newspapers/ journals, etc
Selection Criteria and Process
Applications received for assistance will be processed by the Director, Information and Public Relations, Assam and will be put up before the Selection Committee. The high-level Selection Committee consisting of prominent journalists, and senior Government officials will review the application and select Journalists from the pool of applicants.
Grant of financial assistance to any Journalist is not a matter of right. Assistance would be extended depending on the Committee’s satisfaction regarding eligibility/merits of the cases. The Selection Committee reserves the right to not award any assistance if the applications do not meet the basic minimum standards in a particular year.
The Committee further reserves the right to reject or accept any application without assigning any reasons thereof. All decisions taken by the Selection Committee will be final and no appeal will be entertained. The successful applicant will be intimated soon after the selection is made. The successful applicant shall submit the following:
- A copy of his/her PAN Card.
- A cancelled cheque of a Bank account in his/her name
Grant available under the Scheme
One time grant @ Rs.50,000.00 to 20 persons in a year.
Payment from the One Time Grant for Media Personality Scheme
The payment shall be made from the budgetary allocations earmarked for the ‘’One Time grant for media personality’’ scheme during the financial year.
Major Beneficiaries of One Time Grant for Media Personality Scheme
All the photojournalists and video journalists must submit at least three still photographs or video of events or happenings during the last 12 months. The journalists must remain effective and beneficial for the people in terms of development, unity and integrity. Earlier in the assembly elections of year 2011, the then Congress govt. led by CM Tarun Gogoi had formally distributed laptops to journalists.
As per the guidelines issued by Preetam Saikia, Commissioner and Secretary of Information and Public Relations Department, around 20 journalists will be selected every year. It is also quite clear that any journalist canvasing grant or forging the information would be disqualified from the candidature.
Background of Assam Rs. 50,000 Scheme for Journalists
Journalists have always been proven to be instrumental in maintaining the balance in the society by acting as intellectual conscience. In comparison with the older days, the role of journalists have developed many fold, bringing in many challenges for them and making them responsible even more. With generation of instant and constant information all the time, journalists have to be increasingly careful in understanding its source and authenticity. They have to be extra cautious in their line of duty, while reporting or disseminating information to the masses.
The main objective of the One Time Grant for Media Personality Scheme is to support the journalists in pursuit of outstanding achievements. Moreover, this Rs. 50,000 Scheme for Journalists in Assam will also support the media personnels in their hour of need. The primary purpose is to uphold the dignity of media persons and to inspire and motivate the media persons to excel in the field of journalism. The official press release stated that payment from the Rs. 50,000 Scheme for journalists will be made from budgetary allocations earmarked for the scheme during FY 2023.