Odisha CM Naveen Patnaik has launched Odia Virtual Academy Website ova.gov.in/de to preserve resources of Odia language and culture of the state. This will help the state govt. to present Odia as the language of knowledge & science before the current and future generation which will preserve the “Dignity” of nation. In this article, we will tell you about the complete details of Odia Virtual Academy Website or OVA Portal
What is Odia Virtual Academy Website or OVA Portal
OVA portal contains library, magazines, dictionary, info. on cultural dance and music and even translation for Odia language. OVA website also contains links for other Odia websites, OVA webinar, virtual classes, online certification courses, citizen book upload, Odia software, Odia font, workshops, Odia blog and language learning. All the details regarding Odia language are present at the official ova.gov.in which will provide all the necessary information about the language.
The first and foremost purpose to launch OVA is to portray the past and present in front of the future generation to recognize and widespread odia as a language of knowledge and science. Dignity of nation primarily depends on its language and culture. Taking this to consideration, it would consciously preserve and develop various resources of Odia language and culture to present Odia as the language of knowledge & Science before current and future generation.
Odia Virtual Academy Objectives
The primary objectives behind the launch of Odia Virtual Academy websites are as follows:-
- Digitization of approximately 5000 rare and copyright-free books and establishment of a free digital library by 2021.
- Digitization of various dictionaries available presently and uploading on Odia Virtual Academy website for free access of citizens.
- Promotion of Odia unicode fontfaces through standardization of typing keyboards and making those affordable for public in coming 6 months.
- Development of primers and uploading on Odia Virtual Academy for easy learning and speaking of Odia by English, French, German, Japanese and Spanish people.
Purpose of Odia Virtual Academy
OVA website will serve the following purposes for protecting the integrity of Odia language:-
- To digitize and preserve rare Odia books, lexicon, ancient magazines-journals, traditional music, ancient documents, literature on science and history, folk culture, tribal language and literature, history-oriented essays, folk culture, speech of great personalities, Sri Jagannath culture, temple and architectures.
- To preserve the noteworthy contributions of poets, writers, playwrights, journalists, critics, translators and literary stalwarts, those who enriched and protected the treasure of Odia language.
- To focus, work and promote the recent trend of computer and internet based application of language resources.
- To ensure simple and easy use of Odia language in computers; liaison with competent govt/private organizations, institutions, academies and universities of country/ state for relevant research work.
- To develop internet based dictionary, thesaurus, encyclopaedia in Odia, though vocabulary and grammar are important for language.
- To make available the online/ internet based linguistic and cultural resources by looking at the growing popular trend of attaining service and information online.
- To promote and propagate the use and apply uni-code font faces universally and on internet accordingly.
- To provide software or typing tools at affordable or free of cost for making the Odia computer typing easy and affordable at all levels.
- To create suitable environment for enriching the Odia virtual treasures by demonstration of contemporary and new generations.
- To facilitate, promote and simplify transliteration from other languages to Odia.
OVA website will develop an internet based dictionary, thesaurus, encyclopaedia in Odia though vocabulary and grammar are important for any language.
2 thoughts on “ova.gov.in – Odia Virtual Academy (OVA) Website Launched by CM Odisha”
This is the best part to save of our culture and literature of odia.
RAVINDER KUMAR JIND HARYANA PIN CODE NO .126102 MOB.8930896589/8684887758/9996741235