Andhra Pradesh government is inviting YSR Amma Vodi Scheme Application Form 2022 through online or offline mode. People can now apply online for Jagananna Amma Vodi scheme or can download application form PDF. This scheme was a part of YS Jagan’s election manifesto for 2014 and 2019 Legislative Assembly elections.
AP YSR Amma Vodi Scheme 2022 – Complete Details
In this article, we will tell you about the complete details of the Jagananna Amma Vodi Scheme.
Inception of AP Jagananna Amma Vodi Scheme
In an interview premiered on 2nd April 2019 with Vanitha TV, YS Jagan’s mother YS Vijayamma said that the decision to implement Amma Vodi was first taken in 2011. In 2014, the manifesto promised financial assistance of Rs. 500 per school-going child, directly deposited in the mother’s bank account.
During the Odarpu Yatra and subsequently the Praja Sankalpa Yatra, YS Jagan observed that many families were not sending their children to schools because of poverty. Mothers and guardians expressed their concerns to him about facing problems in providing basic amenities for their children. YS Jagan promised to help them out by providing financial incentives through Amma Vodi.
Objectives of Amma Vodi Scheme
The Jagananna Amma Vodi scheme provides financial assistance to mothers or recognized guardians, from below poverty line households. The assistance would be given to mothers irrespective of caste, creed, religion, and region in order to assist them to provide for their child/children’s education. The YSR Amma Vodi Scheme aims at reducing dropout rates in schools and eradicating child labor in the state by providing incentives to mothers and legal guardians. In order to avail of its benefits, the parents must also ensure that the child is regular and punctual.
AP Amma Vodi Yojana is a major step to encourage parents to send their children to schools. As more and more students would go to school, the higher would be literacy rate. This would result in the higher education rate of children and would enable them to lead a life of dignity and honour. The decision to implement AP Amma Vodi Scheme was taken in the 1st cabinet meeting of Andhra Pradesh govt. headed by CM Jagan
Launch Date of Amma Vodi Yojana
Launch Date – 9 January 2020
Second Instalment – 11 January 2021
Incentive under YSR Amma Vodi Scheme
In the Jagananna Amma Vodi Scheme, the state govt. of Andhra Pradesh will provide yearly financial assistance of Rs. 15,000. This amount would be directly transferred into the bank accounts of mothers or legal guardians. During its second installment, Chief Minister YS Jagan announced that instead of the yearly financial assistance, students from class 9th to 12th can opt for a laptop.
AP Free Laptop Scheme for Students
The state cabinet meeting headed by Chief Minister YS Jagan Mohan Reddy decided on 30 June 2021 to distribute laptops to 8.21 lakh students of Class 9 to 12 under Amma Vodi scheme. Moreover, around 1.10 lakh laptops would be distributed to college students under Jagananna Vidya Deevena Scheme. In total 9.21 lakh students will get laptops under AP Free Laptop Scheme.
Eligibility Criteria for AP Jagananna Amma Vodi Scheme
All the candidates must fulfill the eligibility criteria to become eligible for AP Jagananna Amma Vodi Scheme:-
- The beneficiary must be a legal resident of Andhra Pradesh.
- The family should be in possession of a White Ration Card issued by the AP state government.
- The mother of the child should be from a household that is below the poverty line as per the norms prescribed by the Government of Andhra Pradesh.
- The child should be studying in class 1 to 12 in a government or private aided and unaided school / junior college, including residential schools / colleges in the state.
- If the child / children discontinue their studies in the middle of the academic year, they will not be eligible for the benefit for that academic year.
- The beneficiary / mother shall possess a valid Aadhar card or having applied and verified.
- State / central government and PSU employees, government employee pensioners (including PSU, Central Govt, etc), Income taxpayers are not eligible for claiming financial assistance under this scheme.
- Orphans and children living on the streets who are studying in schools through voluntary organizations are eligible.
What if Amma Vodi Scheme Beneficiary Mother Does Not have an Aadhar or Ration Card
If Amma Vodi Scheme Beneficiary Mother don’t have a white ration card or aadhar card, the village or ward volunteer will certify you as eligible. After a six-stage filtration process, the details of Amma Vodi Scheme beneficiaries will be forwarded to the Mandal education officer. Those mothers whose children are studying from Class 1st to 12th, but are not covered in the previous year’s list of beneficiaries, shall be identified for extending the benefit based on the following criteria:-
|Criteria||Eligibility / Ineligibility|
|Total family income (Rs. per month)||Rural – 10,000 Urban – 12,000|
|Total family landholding in acres||Wet: Less than 3 Dry: Less than 10 Both together: Max 10|
|Electricity consumption||Less than 300 units per month (six months average)|
|Government employee / pensioner||Ineligible (all sanitation workers are exempted)|
|Four wheeler owner||Ineligible (taxi, tractor and auto are exempted)|
|Income tax payee||Ineligible|
|Municipality property||Property less than 1000 sqft.|
Total Amount Spent for Jagananna Amma Vodi Scheme
FY 2019-20: Rs.6455.8 crore
FY 2020-21: Rs. 6,673 crore
YSR Amma Vodi Scheme Beneficiaries
2019-20: 42 lakh mothers/legal guardians, benefiting 82 lakh children
2020-21: 44,48,865 mothers/legal guardians benefiting 84 lakh children
Salient Features of AP YSR Amma Vodi Scheme
- Amma Vodi Scheme is applicable in all recognized government, private aided and private unaided schools / Jr. colleges including residential schools / colleges in the state from the academic year 2019-2020.
- The yearly cash transfer of Rs 15,000 is done through Direct Benefit Transfer into the bank accounts of mothers or legal guardians. The amount is fixed and does not depend on the number of school-going children she has.
- From the academic year 2020-21, the state government will credit Rs. 14,000 to the beneficiaries accounts and the remaining Rs 1,000 to the DTMF (District Toilet Management Fund), for the maintenance of toilets in government schools.
- Students studying from class 9th to 12th can opt for laptops in lieu of financial assistance under the Amma Vodi scheme.
- The laptops costing around Rs. 25,000 – 27,000 each will have 4GB RAM and a 500GB hard disk with Windows 10 OS features.
- Laptops with higher specifications will be distributed in order to cater to the needs of students pursuing engineering and other technical studies.
- If the laptops are damaged, parents can hand them over to the nearest village/ward secretariats for repair. The laptops will have to either be repaired within a week or replaced.
- The state government has also set up a toll-free helpline 1902 for students/parents to lodge complaints, with respect to this scheme.
Impact of Amma Vodi Scheme on Enrollment in AP Schools
With the announcement of Amma Vodi Scheme, there was a 40% spike in admissions. As per the statistics available with the School Education department, enrollment of students in government schools in the 2018-19 academic year was 37,20,988, and in the 2019-20 academic year, it increased to 38,18,927. For 2020-21, over 42.46 lakh students have enrolled in government/government-aided schools.
Amma Vodi Scheme 2022 List
The school education department has fixed a timeline for the collection of details, confirmation, rectification of errors if found, and preparation of the list of eligible Amma Vodi beneficiaries. The students are selected after undergoing a rigorous six-stage filtration process and the list of mothers/guardians is released digitally.
Any discrepancies in details are sorted out by the school principals. Complaints regarding the eligibility of a beneficiary are sent to the Joint Collector for appropriate redressal. The final list, after corrections, is displayed on the portal –and in all the village/ward secretariats. User IDs and passwords are given to the principals of government and private schools to upload details of students on the online portal, with a deadline to submit.
Timeline for YSR Amma Vodi Scheme
|Less than 100||25th of November|
|100 – 300||26th of November|
|More than 300||27th November|
Guidelines of Jagananna Amma Vodi Scheme
Guidelines released by the Government of Andhra Pradesh for the year 2020-21 are as follows –
- Preliminary actions to take place from 9th December 2020 to 25th December 2020.
- All the principals are required to register and update the details of students from 10th December 2020 to 20th December 2020.
- The list of all the eligible mothers/guardians whose children are enrolled in the portal will be reviewed and released on 15th December 2020.
- All the students whose details are updated before 15th December 2020 will be provided to APCFSS on 15th December 2020.
- All the above details will also be displayed on the school notice board and all the village/ward secretariats across the state.
AP YSR Amma Vodi Scheme Application Form PDF / Apply Online
- The Jagananna Amma Vodi scheme application form PDF can be obtained at the nearest village/ward secretariat.
- AP YSR Amma Vodi Scheme apply online form is also available on the official website –
- After filling the YSR Amma Vodi Scheme application form PDF and attaching the relevant documents, the applicants can submit it to the nearest government office or the ward/village secretariat.
- The Jagananna Amma Vodi Scheme apply online form can also be submitted online through the official portal.
The final list of eligible beneficiaries will be made available each year at schools and village/ward secretariats across the state.
List of Documents Required for Amma Vodi Scheme
- School ID card
- Aadhar card
- Address Proof (eg. Voter ID card, Aadhar card, electricity bill, etc)
- Ration card
- Passport size photograph of the mother
- Birth certificate
- Bank account details (mother or guardian)
Helpline Number / Contact for Amma Vodi
Helpline number – 1902
4th Floor, B block, VTPS Rd, Bhimaraju Gutta,
Ibrahimpatnam, Andhra Pradesh 521456.
Phone: 9705655349, 9705454869
Email : [email protected]