“URJA”- Urban Jyoti Abhiyaan, an android mobile app to better consumer connect has been launched by the Ministry of Power. Union Power Minister Piyush Goyal launched Urja mobile app at a conference in Panaji on 16th June.
The Urja app is aimed at enhancing the consumer connect with the urban power distribution sector. The app is developed by the Power Finance Corporation, the Nodal Agency for Integrated Power Development Scheme (IPDS) on behalf of the Ministry of Power.
The Urja app will help better connect consumers with the urban power distribution sector by providing power related information such as
– Information on power outage
– Timely release of new power/electricity connections
– Addressing complaints
– Power reliability
Download Urja Android App
The Urja android app can be downloaded from the Google play store using the link below.
Urja App captures Consumer centric parameters from the IT systems created under IPDS covering 1222 towns across the country. The towns are ranked based on the monthly performance on following parameters:
- Consumer complaints redressal
- Release of new service connection
- Average number of interruptions
- Average duration of interruptions
- Number of consumers making e-payments
- Energy lost / power theft i.e. AT&C loss
One of the aim of the app is to generate healthy competition between the towns and increase the efficiency and productivity in delivery of power services.