UPI e-RUPI Digital Payment Solution is a cashless and contactless instrument for digital payments. It acts as an e-voucher based on a QR code or SMS string, which is delivered to the mobile phones of the beneficiaries. Central govt. led by Prime Minister Narendra Modi launch e-RUPI, an e-voucher-based digital payment solution on 2 August 2021 (Monday) via video conferencing.
The e-RUPI initiative will be one of the programmes launched over the years to limit touch points between the government and the beneficiary. e-RUPI Digital Payment Solution will ensure that the benefits reach its intended beneficiaries in a targeted and leak-proof manner.
What is UPI e-RUPI Digital Payment Solution
National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI) in association with Department of Financial Services (DFS), National Health Authority (NHA), Ministry of Health and Family Welfare (MoHFW), and partner banks, has launched an innovative digital solution – e-RUPI. The users of this seamless UPI e-RUPI one-time payment mechanism will be able to redeem the voucher without a card, digital payments app or internet banking access, at the merchants accepting e-RUPI UPI. The e-RUPI voucher would be shared with the beneficiaries for a specific purpose or activity by organizations or Government via SMS or QR code.
This contactless e-RUPI is easy, safe and secure as it keeps the details of the beneficiaries completely confidential. The entire transaction process through this voucher is relatively faster and at the same time reliable, as the required amount is already stored in the voucher.
UPI e Rupi Benefits for Corporates
- Corporates can enable well-being of their employees
- End to end digital transaction and doesn’t require any physical issuance hence leading to cost reduction
- Voucher redemption can be tracked by the issuer
- Quick, safe & contactless voucher distribution
UPI e-Rupi Benefits for Hospitals
- Easy & Secure – Voucher is authorized via a verification code
- Hassle free & Contactless payment collection – Handling of cash or cards is not required
- Quick redemption process – The voucher can be redeemed in a few steps and lesser decline due to pre-blocked amount
UPI e-RUPI Benefits to the Consumer
- Contactless – Beneficiary should not carry a print out of the voucher
- Easy redemption – 2 step redemption process
- Safe and Secure – Beneficiary doesn’t need to share personal details while redemption hence privacy is maintained
- No digital or bank presence required – Consumer redeeming the voucher need not have a digital payment app or a bank account
List of Banks Live with e-RUPI
Here is the complete list of banks live with e-RUPI Digital Payment Solution:-
|Bank Name||Issuer||Acquirer||Acquiring App / Entity|
|Axis Bank||✔||✔||Bharat Pe|
|Bank of Baroda||✔||✔||BHIM Baroda Merchant Pay|
|HDFC Bank||✔||✔||HDFC Business App|
|ICICI Bank||✔||✔||Bharat Pe & PineLabs|
|Punjab National Bank||✔||✔||PNB Merchant Pay|
|State Bank of India||✔||✔||YONO SBI Merchant|
|Union Bank of India||✔||NA|
UPI e-RUPI Development by NPCI on UPI Platform
UPI e-RUPI has been developed by National Payments Corporation of India on its UPI platform, in collaboration with the following departments / ministries:-
- Department of Financial Services
- Ministry of Health & Family Welfare
- National Health Authority
10 Benefits of e-RUPI Cashless / Contactless Payment System
Here are the benefits provided by the e-RUPI Cashless / Contactless Payment System:-
- e-RUPI connects the service sponsors with the beneficiaries and service providers in a digital manner without any physical interface.
- e RUPI Digital Payment Solution also ensures that the payment to the service provider is made only after the transaction is completed.
- This cashless / contactless system is prepaid in nature.
- As UPI e-RUPI platform is prepaid in nature, it assures timely payment to the service provider without involvement of any intermediary.
- The one-time payment mechanism of e-RUPI will allow users to redeem the voucher without a card, digital payments app or internet banking access, at the service provider.
- It is expected to be a revolutionary initiative in the direction of ensuring a leak-proof delivery of welfare services.
- UPI e-RUPI Digital Payment Solution can also be used for delivering drugs and diagnostics services under Ayushman Bharat Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana.
- It is a QR Code or String Based e-Voucher which a person and purpose specific.
- UPI e RUPI Digital Payment Solution can also be used for delivering services under schemes meant for providing drugs and nutritional support under Mother and Child welfare schemes, TB eradication programmes, fertiliser subsidies etc.
- Even the private sector can leverage these digital vouchers as part of their employee welfare and corporate social responsibility programmes.
For more details, visit the official link – https://www.npci.org.in/what-we-do/e-rupi/product-overview