Tiger Express, a tourist train to highlight the significance of environment in our lives has been flagged off from the Delhi Safdarjung Station on 05 June, World Environment Day. The semi-luxury train features a 5 days/6 nights itinerary which will start from Delhi Sufdarjung railway station and travel via Katani, Jabalpur, Bandhavgadh, Kanha.
The Tiger Express tourist train will be operated by Indian Railway PSU namely Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation (IRCTC). The semi-luxury train will take the guests onboard to the world famous Bandhavgarh and Kanha National Parks in Madhya Pradesh. In addition the trip will also take tourists to Dhuadhar Waterfall in Bedhaghat near Jabalpur.
Tiger Express is one of the most innovative tourist product ever launched by Indian Railways. The objective of the train is to create awareness about our national animal, Tiger and their protection.
The 5th June, 2016 trip of the Tiger Express is the inaugural run of this train. Regular Monthly trips of the fully air-conditioned train, which has been vinyl-wrapped with motifs of the wildlife, are to begin from October, 2016 onwards.
Salient features of Tiger Express
- The list of places to be covered includes world famous Bandhavgarh and Kanha National Parks in Madhya Pradesh.
- The 5 days / 6 nights itinerary of the Tiger Express includes three Tiger Safaris, and it gives ample opportunity to the tourists to have a sight of the majestic wild cats in their natural environs and a spectacular view of the wildlife.
- A visit to the famous Dhuadhar Falls in Bhedaghat, Jabalpur is the added attraction of the trip.
- This is the first semi-luxury train on a tourist circuit having a dining car. The objective behind it is to facilitate frequent interactions among travellers during the travel. No other semi-luxury train is equipped with a dining car.
Tiger Express Package Fare Structure
Below is the itinerary tariff structure
Traveling in 1AC
– Rs 49,500 for single occupancy
– Rs 45,500 for double occupancy
– Rs 44,900 for triple occupancy
– Rs 39,500 for child with bed (5-11 years)
Traveling in AC 2-tier
– Rs 43,500 for single occupancy
– Rs 39,000 for double occupancy
– Rs 38,500 for triple occupancy
– Rs 33,500 for child with bed (5-11 years).
However, these rates are valid for Indian citizens only. An additional surcharge of Rs. 4,000 per person will be charged from foreigners for the Safari booking at Bandhagarh and Kanha.
The itinerary has been chalked out in a manner that the guests not only enjoy a comfortable travel but also spend considerable time of the trip in the midst of Nature. The package includes the following
- Journey by the exclusive semi luxury air conditioned train
- Accommodation in air-conditioned rooms of 3 star equivalent hotels for three nights (one night in Bandhavgarh and two nights in Kanha in Mogli Resorts)
- Sightseeing and road transportation by AC vehicles
- Buffet meals
- Game safaris
- Inter-city transfers
- Travel insurance
Tiger Express Tour Package Itinerary
|Day (Days)||From – To (Arr. – Dep.)||Description|
|Delhi Safdarjung – ***|
(*** – 15:00 hrs)
|Departure from Delhi’s Safdarjung Railway Station at 1500 hrs. Dinner & Overnight on board.|
|Katni (05:40 hrs)||Arrive Katni Railway Station @ 0540 hrs. Breakfast on board, proceed for Bandhavgarh for hotel check in & lunch. Later proceed for evening safari (Khitauli Zone). Dinner & overnight at Bandhavgarh Hotel.|
|Bandhavgarh – Kanha (*** – 11:00 hrs)||Proceed for Kanha. Check in & lunch at Hotel. Later proceed for evening safari (Mukki Zone). Dinner & overnight at Hotel.|
|Kanha||Morning safari (Mukki Zone) in Kanha late morning Breakfast. Lunch at Hotel. Evening time for leisure. Dinner & overnight at Hotel.|
|Kanha – Jabalpur|
(***** – 22:05 hrs)
|After Breakfast proceed for Jabalpur (135 Kms Approx). Lunch at Hotel in Jabalpur. Proceed for Dhuadhar Waterfall in Bedhaghat. High Tea in the evening before proceeding to Train Station. Dinner & overnight on board.|
|**** – Delhi Safdarjung|
|Breakfast and Lunch on board. Arrive at Delhi Safdarjung Railway Station by 1550 hrs. Tour Ends with Happy Memories.|
Tiger Express Route Map
How to Book
The Online Booking of this train can be done on IRCTC Tourism Portal- www.irctctourism.com or firstname.lastname@example.org. For further information, one may dial toll-free number 1800110139 or 9717645648, 971764718, 9717640219, 9717644085, 9717645625.