Tamil Nadu government has started a TN Free Bicycle Scheme 2019-2020 for students. Under this Muft Cycle Yojana, the state govt. will provide free bicycles to class 11th students of the current academic year. TN Free Cycle Scheme will encourage students to come to school daily on time and help them in getting quality education. All the boys and girls students of government, govt-aided and partly aided schools are eligible. Students can take benefits of TN Free Bike Scheme scheme through their respective school headmaster.
CM Edappadi K Palaniswami marked the official launch of Free Bicycle Scheme 2020 by providing cycles to 9 students at the secretariat as token gesture. The bicycles under TN Free Bike Scheme would be given to students of 10 districts namely Chhenai, Kancheepuram, Chengalpet, Vellore, Ranipet, Tirupattur, Villupuram, Kallakurichi, Tirunelveli and Tenkasi.
Here candidates can check the details of TN Free Bicycle Scheme 2020 and eligibility criteria to avail its benefits.
Tamilnadu Free Bicycle Scheme 2020 Apply
The important features and highlights of TN Free Bicycle Scheme 2020 are as follows:-
|Concerned Department||School Education Department|
|Concerned District||10 Districts|
|Organisation Name||Welfare Schemes of the School Education Department|
|Scheme Title / Name||Welfare Schemes of the School Education Department – Supply of Free Bicycles|
|Beneficiaries||Boys & Girls Students irrespective of category|
|Benefits Types||Education Benefits|
|Eligibility criteria||Studying in Class 11th (higher secondary)|
|How To Avail||School Headmaster|
|Validity of Scheme||FY 2019, 2020 & 2021 by CM Edappadi K Palaniswami|
|Firstly Introduced On||2001-02 by CM Jayalalithaa|
In case of any complaint, contact the District Educational Officer, Chief Education Officer at the State level and Director of School Education, Directorate of School Education. Chennai 6.
Tamil Nadu Free Bicycle Scheme Eligibility Criteria
A candidate must fulfill the following eligibility criteria to take benefits of TN Free Bicycle Scheme 2020:-
- Candidate must be a permanent resident of Tamil Nadu state.
- He / She must be studying in class 11th in the Tamilnadu state in either Government or Government aided or Partly aided schools.
- The students staying in hostels located within the campus of School are not eligible.
- The students of residential schools are also not eligible.
All the eligible students must contact their school administration for availing benefits of TN Free Cycle Yojana 2020.
மாண்புமிகு தமிழ்நாடு முதலமைச்சர் திரு.எடப்பாடி கே.பழனிசாமி அவர்கள் இன்று உள்ளாட்சி தேர்தல் நடைபெறாத 10 மாவட்டங்களின் 11-ம் வகுப்பு பயிலும் மாணவ, மாணவியர்களுக்கு 2019-2020-ம் கல்வியாண்டிற்கு முதற்கட்டமாக விலையில்லா மிதிவண்டிகள் வழங்கும் திட்டத்தை துவக்கி வைத்தார். #TNGovt pic.twitter.com/krCTbYpBu3
— Edappadi K Palaniswami (@CMOTamilNadu) December 23, 2019
TN Muft Cycle Yojana Background
To encourage girl students to pursue education, former CM late J. Jayalalithaa had launched Free Bicycle Scheme in FY 2001-02. This Muft Cycle Yojana was launched for the students of SC / ST category studying in higher secondary. Subsequently, the TN Free Bike Scheme was extended to students of all cateogries in government and govt-aided schools.
Tamilnadu Free Bicycle Scheme 2018-19 for ITI & Govt. / Aided School Students
Tamilnadu govt. has launched TN Free Bicycle Scheme 2018-19 for students in govt. / govt. aided schools and Industrial Training Institutes (ITIs). Tamil Nadu CM Edappadi K. Palaniswami has launched Free Bicycle Scheme on 24 August 2018 for students studying in Class 11th & 12th in govt. and aided students and ITI students. This free cycle scheme is going to benefit 5.06 lakh boys and 6.49 lakh girls of govt. / govt. aided schools and 18,506 boys and 4,394 girl students of ITI.
TN govt. has been sponsoring this scheme for Class 11th and 12th students in govt. and aided schools. This scheme is expected to cost around Rs. 437.86 crore to the state exchequer. Under this scheme, the state govt. will provide bicycles to a total number of 11.78 lakh students.
Late AIADMK supremo Jayalalithaa had introduced the scheme during the 2001-02 academic year to benefit students of SC/ ST category and was later expanded.
Features of Tamilnadu Free Bicycle Scheme 2018-19 for Govt. School & ITI Students
The important features and highlights of Tamilnadu Government Free Bicycle Scheme 2018-19 are as follows:-
- This scheme is only for Class 11th & 12th govt. / govt. aided school students and students of ITIs in the state.
- This scheme is going to benefit 5,06,132 lakh boys and 6,49,758 lakh girls of govt. / govt. aided schools. Along with govt. school students, 18,506 boys and 4,394 girls of Industrial Training Institutes in the current academic year will also get benefited.
- Free Bicycle Scheme will benefit a total number of 11,78,790 students of govt / govt. aided and ITIs. A total amount of 437.86 cr will be spent on this programme.
- To mark the official launch of Free Bicycle Scheme 2018-19, CM gave bicycles to 9 students as a token of gesture at a function at Chennai Secretariat.
- Free Bicycle Scheme will benefit rural students, boost girls education, reduce dropout rates and will assist students in hassle free travel.
All the bicycles would be provided absolutely free of cost to students after they pass class 10th (Matric). For the current session 2018-19, all the students who have taken admissions in Class 11th and 12th or in any ITI can avail the benefits of this TN Free Bicycle Scheme 2018-19.
The main aim of Free Bicycle Scheme is to reduce in-transport expenses of students and to reduce their drop-out rates. All the students coming from deep rural pockets will be immensely benefited and will create educational opportunities for them.