The Shri Ramayana Express, a special tourist train to cover the entire Ramayana circuit (places related to Lord Ram) was flagged off on 14 November 2018 from Safdarjung Railway Station (timing 2:45 p.m) in Delhi. In Shri Ramayan Yatra tour package, the ticket price is fixed at Rs. 15,120 per person till Rameswaram in Tamil Nadu and if the people wants to go to Sri Lanka, then they would have to pay an additional amount of Rs. 36,970. This train will complete its first journey in 16 days duration, here check the planned route and places to be covered.
The train named Shri Ramayana Express will cover all the important destinations which are associated with the life of Lord Ram. Important destinations related to Lord Rama (Ramayana circuit) will cover Nandigram, Sitamarhi, Janakpur, Varanasi, Prayag, Shringverpur, Chitrakoot, Nashik, Hampi and Rameshwaram.
Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation (IRCTC) tourism package includes the facility of food, stay, visit to the temples & other basic necessities during travel. IRCTC tour managers will also remain present to help tourists in their maiden journey.
Shri Ramayana Express – Complete Details
The maiden journey of this train was started with the chants of “Jai Shree Ram” on 2:45 p.m from Delhi Safdarjung and 800 passengers were present in the first journey. The special features and attractions of this train are as follows:-
- The pilgrimage circuit of Shri Ramayana Yatra will include 2 travel components – one is in India and the other one is in Sri Lanka.
- In India, the first stoppage point is in Ayodhya which is to be followed by Hanuman Garhi Ramkot and Kanak Bhawan temple.
- The planned route of the train is Delhi Safdarjung – Ayodhya – Sitamadhi – Varanasi – Allahabad – Citrakoot – Nasik Road – Hospate – Rameshwaram – Madurai – Delhi Safdarjung.
- People can board trains from Delhi Safdarjung, Ghaziabad, Moradabad, Bareilly & Lucknow locations while they can de-board trains at Chennai Central, Lucknow, Bareilly, Moradabad, Ghaziabad, Delhi Safdarjung locations.
- For these places in India, the total money charged (ticket price) is Rs. 15,120 and this leg would be completed in 16 days.
- Second leg of the tour is for Sri lanka which is to be charged separately as the passengers opting for the Sri Lanka leg of Ramayana Yatra Package can take flight from Chennai to Colombo.
The Shri Ramayana Express tour package will cover all meals, accommodation and wash and change facilities in dharmashalas, all transfers and sight-seeing arrangements.
Shri Ramayana Express Booking
For complete details on the Shree Ramayan Yatra package, click the link given below:-
As a part of branding of the journey, IRCTC gave the tourists silk scarves and flags which were saffron and green in color with Ram drawn on them. IRCTC tour manager will also be travelling with the tourists during the entire trip for any assistance or help to the travellers.