Rajasthan Govt. has announced the much awaited Rajasthan Budget 2018-19. Subsequently, there are a number of schemes and initiatives for the welfare of farmers, women, youths & merchants. This Rajasthan full budget 208-19 consists of measures which focuses on employment generation (jobs), women empowerment, education, health, sports, agriculture etc.
In this budget, govt. launches some major schemes like Rajasthan Farm Loan Waiver Scheme (Karj Mafi Yojana / Fasal Rin Mafi Yojana), Bhairon Singh Shekhawat Swarojgar Antodaya Yojana, Youth Icon Scheme while continuing some existing schemes like Scooty Distribution Scheme etc.
This is the last budget of the Rajasthan govt. as the state elections are upcoming. This budget is high on populism budget of the state govt. to attract more people whether farmer community, women, youth or merchants.
Rajasthan Budget 2018-19 – Schemes & Intitiatives
- Farmers –
- Rajasthan govt. has announced Farm Loan Waiver scheme to waive off loans up to Rs. 50,000 of small and marginal farmers. Accordingly, this scheme will cost Rs. 8000 crore to the state govt. In addition to this, govt. will also set up a State Farmers Debt Relief Commission where farmers can present their side and can seek further exemption / relief on the basis of merit.
- Moreover, state govt. has also waived all the overdue amount (penalties and interests) of farmers which are pending with the Cooperative banks till 30 September 2017.
- Rajasthan govt. is going to provide 2 lakh agricultural connections to the farmers in the next fiscal year which are pending from January 2012.
- Govt. will spend Rs. 384 crore as an interest subsidy for the Short term Interest free Crop loans and Rs. 168 crore as interest subsidy for damage protection.
- Purchase of Mustard (Sarso) and chickpeas (chana) on their minimum support price through Rajfed.
- Rajasthan govt. will construct godowns of 5 lakh MT (metric tonnes) capacity with the help of Rajya Bhandar Vyawastha Nigam. Accordingly, govt. will spend Rs. 350 crore for this purpose.
- The state govt. is going to provide 60% subsidy for Farm pond construction to all categories of farmers. Previously, the subsidy amount was 50%.
- Govt. will now provide Rs. 90,000 instead of Rs. 75000 for “जल हौज” construction necessary for water conservation in agriculture.
- The state govt. will provide a Top-Up Subsidy of 25% (maximum of Rs 3 lakh) for Diggi Construction. For this reason, there is a provision of Rs. 90 crore.
- All the farmers who are going to install Solar Panels / Greenhouse / Shed-nets on around 2000 sq.m of land, then govt. will provide 50% of the total amount as subsidy.
- Govt. will provide now provide subsidy of 35% on installation of solar energy pumps of 3 HP capacity. In addition to this, govt. will also provide subsidy of 40% on installation of solar energy pumps of 5 HP capacity. Accordingly, the total subsidy for solar pumps (central + state) is around 60%.
- Moreover, the farmers will not have to pay any amount as Land Revenue to the govt. The land revenue is completely waived off and this move will start from Kharif Season of 2018-19.
- Furthermore, govt. will provide 8 lakh mini kits of Maize (Makka) in the Kharif season of FY 2018.
- Women –
- Govt. has raised the salaries of anganwadi workers to Rs. 6000, Mini Anganwadi workers to Rs. 4500, assistant workers to Rs 3500, soulmates (saathin) to Rs. 3300 and asha helpers (sahayogani) to Rs. 2500 per month. The will benefit around 1.84 lakh female workers.
- Moreover, all these women will not have to pay any amount as an insurance premium. The state govt. will bear the entire cost of premium for Insurance policy.
- For the girls and women in the age group of 15 to 45 years belonging to rural areas, govt. will distribute free sanitary napkins. This will promote menstrual hygiene among the rural women.
- Rajasthan govt. will soon invite online applications for the recruitment of 1000 nursery training teachers (NTT).
- Women works can avail paid child care leave for a maximum period of 2 years.
- Govt. will provide 50% subsidy to women on the purchase of bulk milk coolers for their organizations. For this, govt. will purchase 750 units of 2000 ltr capacity and 250 units of 1000 ltr capacity.
- Now the state govt. will provide milk to the lactating mothers (3 times in a day) under the Mid Day Meal Scheme.
- Furthermore, Rajasthan govt. will set up women wings in 24 National ITIs and will provide skill training to 4000 women in 12 disciplines.
- Youths –
- Govt. will soon invite applications for around 1 lakh 8 thousand vacancies. Accordingly, there are 77,100 vacancies in education department, 5,718 vacancies in home department, 11,930 vacancies in administrative reforms (prashasnik sudhar) department, 6,571 vacancies in health department and 700 vacancies in forest department.
- Govt. will soon start Skill Training programme / Internship – “कौशल प्रशिक्षण योजना” for youths. Moreover, govt. will also develop employment offices of 29 remaining districts as Model Care Centers.
- Rajasthan govt. will soon start skill development and entrepreneurship courses in 50 Nationalized universities. This move will benefit 12,000 candidates / youths.
- Vasundhara Raje also announced a new scheme named after late Bhairon Singh Shekhawat. Moreover, govt. will also launch Bhairon Singh Shekhawat Swarojgar Antodaya Yojana under which 50,000 families will get up to Rs. 50,000 at just 4 per cent interest rate.
- To encourage employment for the residents of the state, govt. has raised the employment subsidy by Rs. 5000. For backward classes (पिछड़ा वर्ग), this amount is now Rs. 40,000 (previously Rs. 35,000) and for most backward classes (अति पिछड़ा वर्ग), this amount is now Rs. 45,000 (previously Rs. 40,000).
- Merchants (व्यापारी) –
- The state govt. has provided tax relief of Rs. 650 crore and has not imposed any new tax in this budget.
- Govt. has extended the last date to submit return forms (Vat 10, 11, 10A) of 2016-17 and 2017-18 till 31 March 2018. This will reduce pressure of filing income tax returns on the merchants.
- Rajasthan govt. has reduced GST rates on Marble / Granite, Gems / Jewellery / Kota Stone, Handicraft, Textiles, Hotels / Tourism related things.
- To benefit small and medium Industry, govt. has raised the GST related investment subsidy from 30% to 40%.
- Accordingly, govt. is going to provide Rs 2 Lakh interest free loan to the self-employed candidates in un-organised sector. This includes small workers – केश कलाकार, मोची, कुम्हार, रिक्शा वाला, प्लम्बर.
- Govt. will also set up Vyapari Kalyan Board to resolve issues of merchants.
Rajasthan Budget 2018-19 is an attractive budget consisting of schemes for the welfare of all sections of the society. Moreover, it covers all the important aspects like jobs, agriculture, health care, women empowerment etc. which are essential for the overall development of the society.
Other Important Announcements in Rajasthan Budget 2018-19
The state govt. has also made some other announcements in the Budget 2018-19 which are for the welfare of common people:-
- Govt. will provide Rs. 25 lakh home loan to the journalist and Rs. 25 lakh for the dependents of martyrs.
- The state govt. will promote Zero Belt Mining Policy. Accordingly, Royality is now exempted to carry out mining activities.
- For young entrepreneurs, govt. has raised interest subsidiary from 5% to 6%.
- Accordingly, state govt. will pay luxury and entertainment tax from the state GST.
- For Forest development, govt. will provide Rs. 151 crore for 17 districts. Accordingly, govt. will recruit 500 forestors, while another 2000 forest guard will get recruited.
- District Lease Committee rates for agriculture and residential land is reduced by 10%. Moreover, there is full exemption on interest rates and penalty on unpaid stamp duty.
- Govt. is going to provide subsidized meals to the poor people under Annapurna Scheme at various collectorate offices.
- Paota, Jaipur will get upgraded into Tehsil. Accordingly, govt. is going to construct an Ambedkar Bhawan at a total cost of Rs. 80 crore.
- Rajasthan govt. is going to procure 49 Fire tenders. Moreover, the state govt. will also invite applications for 2000 patwari posts.
- All the Bamashah Card Holders of NFSA families will now get Rs. 1 Lakh Insurance Coverage. This scheme will benefit 4.50 crore residents of Rajasthan.
- All the senior citizens of age group of 80 years or more can now travel free in all the buses of the state govt. In addition, they can get accompanied by an attendee on half fare in Roadways Buses.
- CM also announces to provide Rs. 25 lakh for U-19 player Nagarkoti. Moreover, govt. has sanctioned Rs. 2 crore to upgrade SMS Stadium. Furthermore, govt. has also launched Youth Icon Scheme to promote sports across the state.
- The state govt. will open 1000 new Annapurna Bhandar to provide appropriate food to the poor and financially weaker sections.
- Rajasthan govt. is going to provide free wifi facilities in all the state universities. Moreover, there is a provision to open 8 new ITIs in the state.
This budget is a complete package which will enhance rural infrastructure along with focus on health, education, pension, insurance and most importantly, welfare of farmers.
Source and Credit – Hindustan Times e-Paper