Tirath Darshan Scheme in Haryana for Senior CitizensPublished on: 2017-03-06 15:30:07
Tourism Department of Haryana prepared a scheme for senior citizens of the state under which the government will take the senior citizens for the tour of holly places. Named as Tirath Darshan Yojana, the scheme will be implemented from April 1st 2017.
Tirath Darshan Yojana
Tirath Darshan Yojana will allow the senior citizens of more than 60 years of age to visit various religious places. People belonging to any religion or caste would be able to take the benefits of the scheme.
The scheme would provide free of cost tour to religious places to senior citizens belonging to BPL (below poverty line). While for senior citizens belonging to non-BPL families, the department would bear 70 per cent of the cost and remaining 30% would be paid by the beneficiary.
The Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation will take maximum 250 senior citizens to specific destination every years. The facility would be given to one senior citizen selected from one lakh persons in each districts of the state.
To get the benefits of the scheme, the interested people would have to fill their application form in the office of Tehsil, Sub Divisional Magistrate, or Deputy Commissioner concerned. If the count of application forms exceeds the number of available seats, the committee constituted at district level under the chairmanship of the deputy commissioner would prepare the final list after screening.