Print As PDFPublished on sarkariyojana.com
Karmayogi Scheme (कर्मयोगी योजना) or Mission Karmayogi has been approved by Central government on 2 September 2020. This National Programme for Civil Servants Capacity Building (NPCSCB) is started for the welfare of government officials. This Karmayogi Yojana is a skill building programme is the biggest Human Resource Development (HRD) reform approved by the Cabinet. In this article, we will tell you about the Mission Karmayogi institutional framework, qualities of civil servants, principle, salient features, objectives, iGOT-Karmayogi platform, financial implications and complete details.
The Karmayogi Yojana will be accessible for all i.e from section officers to secretaries working in the central government. The NPCSCB will have 2 paths – self driven and guided. In this mission for civil servants, a new HR council chaired by PM Narendra Modi and comprising of selected Union ministers and chief ministers would be setup comprising of eminent thought leaders liked noted academics and global leaders and civil services leadership.
Karmayogi Scheme (कर्मयोगी योजना) 2020 for Civil Servants
In this article, we will tell you the complete details of the Karmayogi Scheme 2020 (कर्मयोगी योजना) launched by the PM Modi led central government for govt. officials.
Institutional Framework for Mission Karmayogi
Cabinet Committee headed by PM Narendra Modi has approved the launch of Mission Karmayogi – National Programme for Civil Services Capacity Building (NPCSCB) with the following institutional framework:-
- Prime Minister’s Public Human Resources (HR) Council,
- Capacity Building Commission,
- Special Purpose Vehicle for owning and operating the digital assets,
- i-GOT technological platform for online training,
- Coordination Unit headed by the Cabinet Secretary
NPCSCB will have 2 paths – self driven where civil servant can choose field of interest and guided where govt. official will be provided with the procedure to perform their jobs in an effective manner.
Qualities of Civil Servants in Karmayogi Yojana
Karmayogi Yojana or the NPCSCB is going to realize the central govt’s vision of how a civil servant should be. A govt. official as per the Mission Karmayogi will have to possess the following qualities:-
- Imaginative and innovative,
- Proactive and polite,
- Professional and progressive,
- Energetic and enabling,
- Transparent and tech enabled,
- Constructive and creative.
Mission Karmayogi will focus on individual and institutional capacity building of civil servants.
Salient Features of National Programme for Civil Servants Capacity Building
The Karmayogi Scheme has been designed to focus on capacity building of civil servants. The Mission Karmayogi – NPCSCB will enable govt. officials to remain entrenched in Indian Culture and sensibilities and remain connected with their roots. In the Karmayogi Yojana, govt. officials can learn from the best institutions and practices across the world. For National Programme for Civil Servants Capacity Building, Integrated Government Online Training: iGOTKarmayogiPlatform would be setup.
Core Principles for Karmayogi Scheme
The core guiding principles of the Karmayogi Scheme are mentioned below:-
- Transition from “Rules based” to “Roles based” Human Resource Management. The central govt. aims to align work allocation of civil servants by matching their competencies to the post requirements.
- Emphasise on “on-site learning” to complement the “off-site” learning process.
- Creating an ecosystem of shared training infrastructure. This include learning materials, institutions and personnel.
- Calibrate all civil service positions to a Framework of Roles, Activities and Competencies (FRACs) approach.
- To create and deliver learning content relevant to the identified FRACs in every Government entity.
- Make learning content available to all civil servants. This is an opportunity to continuously build and strengthen their Behavioural, Functional and Domain Competencies in their self-driven and mandated learning paths.
- Enable all the central ministries, departments and their organisations to directly invest their resources towards co-creation and sharing the collaborative and common ecosystem of learning through an annual financial subscription for every employee.
- Encourage and partner with the best-in-class learning content creators including public training institutions, universities, start-tips and individual experts.
In Karmayogi Scheme, govt. will undertake data analytics in respect of data emit provided by iGOT- Karmayogi. This data will pertain to various aspects of capacity building, content creation, user feedback and mapping of competencies and identify areas for policy reforms.
Objectives of Capacity Building Commission in Mission Karmayogi
The central govt. has proposed to set up a Capacity Building Commission in Mission Karmayogi. This commission in NPCSCB will ensure a uniform approach in managing and regulating the capacity building ecosystem on collaborative and co-sharing basis. The role of Capacity Building Commission in Karmayogi Scheme will be as under:-
- Assisting the PM Public Human Resources Council in approving the Annual Capacity Building Plans.
- Exercising functional supervision over all central training institutions dealing with civil services capacity building.
- Creation of shared learning resources which includes internal and external faculty and resource centres.
- To ensure coordination and supervising in implementation of the Capacity Building Plans with the stakeholder departments.
- Making recommendations on standardisation of training and capacity building, pedagogy and methodology.
- To set norms for common mid-career training programs across all civil services.
This Capacity Building Commission will suggest policy interventions which are required in the areas of HR Management and Capacity Building to the central government.
iGOT Karmayogi Platform for Online Training
iGOT Karmayogi platform will bring the scale and state-of-the-art infrastructure to augment the capacities of over 2 crore govt. officials. The iGOTKarmayogi tech enabled platform is expected to evolve into a vibrant and world-class market place for content. Here carefully curated and vetted digital e-learning material will be made available. Along with the capacity building, the following service matters would eventually be integrated with the proposed competency framework.
- Confirmation after probation period
- Work assignment
- Notification of vacancies
- Other service matters
Mission Karmayogi aims to empower civil servants with specific role-competencies to ensure efficient service delivery of the highest quality standards.
Financial implications of Karmayogi Scheme
In the Karmayogi Scheme, govt. will cover around 46 lakh central employees. For this purpose, a sum of Rs. 510.86 crore will be spent over a period of 5 years from 2020-21 to 2024-25. The Mission Karmayogi expenditure is partly funded by multilateral assistance upto the tune of $50 million. A wholly owned Special Purpose Vehicle (SPV) for NPCSCB would be set up under Section 8 of the Companies Act, 2013. The SPV will be a “not-for-profit” company and will own and manage iGOT-Karmayogi platform.
Works by Special Purpose Vehicle (SPV) in Mission Karmayogi
The SPV will create and operationalise the content, market place and manage key business services of iGOT Karmayogi platform. These services will be related to content validation, independent proctored assessments and telemetry data availability. The Special Purpose Vehicle will own all Intellectual Property Rights on behalf of the Central Government of India. An appropriate monitoring and evaluation framework will also be put in place for performance evaluation of all users of the iGOT Karmayogi platform so as to generate a dashboard view of Key Performance Indicators.
Background of Karmayogi Yojana
Capacity of Civil Services plays a vital role in rendering a wide variety of services, implementing welfare programs and performing core governance functions. A transformational change in Civil Service Capacity is proposed to be affectedby organically linking the transformation of work culture, strengthening public institutions and adopting modern technology to build civil service capacity with the overall aim of ensuring efficient delivery of services to citizens.
A Public Human Resources Council comprising of select Union Ministers, Chief Ministers, eminent public HR practitioners, thinkers, global thought leaders and Public Service functionaries under the Chairmanship of Hon’ble Prime Minister will serve as the apex body for providing strategic direction to the task of Civil Services Reform and capacity building.