Central government invites application forms for Agri Insurance under Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bima Yojana 2018. Before making online registrations, candidates must learn How to Calculate PMFBY Insurance Premium Amount using PMFBY Insurance Premium Calculator. Registration lines are open now and farmers can apply online for agriculture insurance cover at pmfby.gov.in
This Crop Insurance Scheme will provide financial assistance in case their crops gets damaged due to heavy rain, natural calamities, pests or diseases. Interested farmers can now know premium amount for Kharif 2018 season and the Rabi Season of 2017-18 & can also lodge a complaint. PM Narendra Modi launched this agricultural insurance / crop insurance scheme on 18 February 2016.
Latest Update – Check PMFBY Farmer Online Application Status Online
The premium amount under the PMFBY scheme was set to 2% for Kharif and 1.5% for Rabi crops compared to much higher premium under the previous crop insurance. For registration of crop insurance, visit official website of PM Fasal Bima Yojana.
Read More – Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bima Yojana – Apply Online for Crop Insurance or Lodge Complaint
PMFBY 2018 Insurance Premium Amount Calculator
All the candidates can also check their Premium Amount before making registrations for the Kharif and Rabi Crops under PMFBY 2018. The insurance premium can be calculated for the FY 2017 & 2018 for “Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bima Yojana” and “Weather Based Crop Insurance Scheme”. All the farmers can now Check Premium Amount using Insurance Premium Calculator in the following manner:-
- Visit the official website pmfby.gov.in
- On the homepage, click at the “Insurance Premium Calculator – Know Your Insurance Premium Before” tab as shown in the figure:-
- Now the Crop Insurance Premium Calculator Page will open. Representative Image is shown below:-
- Here enter the details to calculate premium amount. Firstly enter the Season (Kharif / Rabi), Year (2017 / 2018), Scheme Name (PMFBY, Weather Based Crop Insurance), State, District, Crop and then Area in hectares.
- Finally, click at the “Calculate” button to Know Your Insurance Premium Amount.
- Let’s show you a sample on how the insurance premium report (amount) will appear. We are calculating the insurance premium for Kharif Season for FY 2018 for Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bima Yojana in Palwal district of Haryana, Crop selected is Cotton while Area is 2 hectares.
Candidates can also Download Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bima Yojana Android App – PMFBY App
Note – The “Report Crop Loss” and “Claim Status” sections are not operational yet. Only registrations are allowed this time. As soon as these sections will be enabled for the farmers, we will update it here.
PMFBY Help Desk
— For any query, farmers can call on 011-23382012 followed by an extension 2715 / 2709.
— Farmers can call on the Direct Helpline Number on 011-23381092
— All farmers can also write their Queries at firstname.lastname@example.org
— For more details, visit the official website http://pmfby.gov.in/