Central govt. has launched Prime Minister Employment Generation Programme 2018 to boost employment. PMEGP scheme will strengthen small, medium entrepreneurs and will create a vibrant MSME sector. This scheme will generate self employment opportunities through establishment of micro enterprises in non-farm sector. Interested candidates can check subsidy amount and eligibility criteria to apply online through the PMEGP e-Portal kviconline.gov.in
Indian govt. will also lay emphasis on helping traditional artisans and unemployed youths. The primary objective is to increase the wage earning capacity of artisans and to increase employment rate. Under PMEGP 2018 Scheme, govt. sets the target on the basis of backwardness of state, extent of unemployment and population.
Khadi, Textiles, Coir, Handicraft and other small scale industries plays a vital role in the socio-economic empowerment of poor people, under-privileged and women.
PMEGP 2018 Eligibility Criteria & Application Form
All the candidates can fill the Prime Minister Employment Generation Scheme 2018 Online Application Form through the link – PMEGP 2018 Application Form
The candidates must fulfill the following eligibility criteria to avail subsidy under PMEGP 2018 Scheme:-
- Any individual above the age of 18 years can apply for Prime Minister Employment Generation Programme (PMEGP).
- Applicant must be minimum VIII standard pass for projects above Rs. 10 lakh in manufacturing sector and above Rs. 5 lakh in business and service sector.
- PMEGP 2018 only sanctions the new projects and this scheme is not applicable for the existing ongoing projects.
- All Self Help Groups including below poverty line (BPL) SHGs with a pre-condition that these SHGs have not availed benefit of other schemes are eligible.
- Institutions registered under Societies Registration Act,1860, Production Co-operative Societies and Charitable Trusts are also eligible.
Non Eligible – All the existing units under PMRY, REGP and any other central govt. / state govt. schemes are NOT eligible. Even any unit that has taken the govt. subsidy under any govt. scheme are NOT eligible.
Subsidy Under PMEGP 2018
Following the maximum limits for cost of projects under PMEGP which is Rs. 25 lakh for manufaturing sector and Rs. 10 lakh for business / service sector, central govt. provides subsidy. The distribution of margin subsidy is as follows:-
|Category||Subsidy for Urban Area Beneficiary||Subsidy for Rural Area Beneficiary||Own Contribution|
|General Category||15% of Total Project Cost||25% of Total Project Cost||10% of Total project Cost|
|Special Category including SC / ST/ OBC / Minorities / Women, Physically handicapped, Ex-Servicemen, NER, Hill and Border areas etc.||25% of Total Project Cost||35% of Total Project Cost||5% of Total Project Cost|
However for this subsidy, the per capita investment must not exceed Rs. 1.00 lakh in plain areas and Rs. 1.50 lakhs in Hilly areas. Moreover, each beneficiary must pay his own contribution which is around 5% to 10% of total project cost.
Prime Minister Employment Generation Programme 2018
- PMEGP Scheme helps its beneficiaries to set up projects which costs above Rs. 10 lakh in manufacturing sector and Rs. 5 lakh in Business / Service sector.
- The maximum cost of project which is eligible for financial assistance is Rs. 25 lakh for Manufacturing sector and Rs. 10 lakh for services sector.
- Central govt. has set a target of 75 projects in each district across the country for more inclusive growth.
- Moreover, there is also a 2nd loan facility of upto Rs. 1 crore is available for existing and better performing PMEGP Units.
- Khadi and Village Industries Commission (KVIC) implements this scheme at the National level. At the State level, State KVIC Directorates, State Khadi and Village Industries Boards (KVIBs), District Industries Centres (DICs) and banks implements PMEGP Scheme.
KVIC provides the govt. subsidy to beneficiaries / entrepreneurs directly into their bank accounts through identified banks. Earlier this year, the central govt. has decided to continue PMEGP for the next 3 years i.e till 2020. For more details, visit the official website – kviconline.gov.inSAVE AS PDF