Himachal Pradesh govt. has launched Nutrition Scheme for HIV Positive children. Under this scheme, all the youths up to 18 years of age will get nutrition supplements to boost their immunity. Accordingly, all the children who are tested positive for HIV can avail the benefits of this scheme.
This scheme will enable HIV affected children to lead a normal and healthy life. Himachal CM has launched this initiative on an awareness campaign organized by HP State AIDS Control Society.
Furthermore, HP govt. is also going to make HIV testing of every expectant mother compulsory from current Financial Year. It is necessary as the number of AIDS cases has increased to 5700 in HP state.
Himachal Pradesh Nutrition Scheme
The important features and highlights of this scheme are as follows:-
- This nutrition scheme will provide nutrition supplements to the children tested HIV positive.
- Subsequently, CM launches this scheme for HIV affected children during a state level awareness campaign on the occasion of National Youth Day.
- Accordingly, it will boost immunity of 400 HIV positive youths up to 18 years of age.
- In addition to this, govt. will provide assistance to such children for a better and healthy life.
- Furthermore, every expectant mother will have to compulsorily pass the HIV Test so that the virus does not get transmitted to the baby.
AIDS is a serious concern for the state govt. as the number of cases had risen to 5700 in the previous year. Moreover, govt. will lay special emphasis on spreading awareness about this disease at village level in rural and remote areas.
Health dept. along with the help of NGOs and individuals must supplement the efforts to create awareness about HIV. Accordingly, govt. will start an awareness campaign in various schools and colleges. In addition to this, special focus is on organizing plays, street shows to effectively communicate with the masses.