As Reported Earlier, State Government has launched Nirman Shramik Pucca Ghara Yojana for construction workers. Under the Pucca Ghar Yojana, the registered construction workers will be provided an assistance of Rs. 1 Lakh to build homes.
In the first phase of the scheme, about 1200 registered construction workers would be included as beneficiaries of the scheme. Any construction worker between the age of 18 to 60 years who is registered with Odisha Building and Other Construction Workers’ Welfare Board can avail the scheme benefits.
Each beneficiary would be given an assistance of Rs. 1 Lakh to build a house. Each family comprising of husband, wife and unmarried children would be considered as one unit for the scheme benefit.
Highlights of the Nirman Shramik Pucca Ghara Yojana
- 12.6 lakh construction workers registered with Welfare Board till date
- An assistance of Rs. 90 crores would be provided to its 2.5 lakh beneficiaries.
- Nirman Shramik Pucca Ghar Yojana to provide 50,000 dwellings for construction workers with Rs. 500 crores budget in 2016.
- Minimum registration period has been reduced to 3 years from the previous 5 years for availing a dwelling in Nirman Shramik Pucca Ghar Yojana.
- 30 training sites in 30 districts to impart qualitative training for construction workers.
- Workers in unorganized sectors to be covered by a new card that will avail various social security benefits.
- Gram Panchayat level registration of workers in progress in focus districts like Bolangir, Kalahandi, Nuapada & Bargarh to assure access to rights & entitlements.
More information about Pucca Ghar Yojana can be found at the link below