As Reported Earlier, State Government has launched Nirman Shramik Pucca Ghara Yojana for construction workers. Under the Pucca Ghar Yojana, the registered construction workers will be provided an assistance of Rs. 1 Lakh to build homes. The construction workers who have registered with the Odisha Building and Other Construction Workers Welfare Board (OBOCWWB) for more than 5 years and not availed houses under any housing schemes would be the beneficiaries of the scheme.
Under the scheme, the state government will provide Rs. 1 Lakh to each construction worker. The money would be provided to Panchayati Raj department by the labour department and then will be distributed among the eligible genuine beneficiaries of the scheme. Only 27,000 of a total of about 12 Lakh construction workers in the state are eligible for the scheme. Initially the state government has identified 2,000 workers as the scheme beneficiaries.
In the first phase of the scheme, about 1200 registered construction workers would be included as beneficiaries of the scheme. Any construction worker between the age of 18 to 60 years who is registered with Odisha Building and Other Construction Workers’ Welfare Board can avail the scheme benefits.
Each beneficiary would be given an assistance of Rs. 1 Lakh to build a house. Each family comprising of husband, wife and unmarried children would be considered as one unit for the scheme benefit.
Highlights of the Nirman Shramik Pucca Ghar Yojana
- 12.6 lakh construction workers registered with Welfare Board till date
- An assistance of Rs. 90 crores would be provided to its 2.5 lakh beneficiaries.
- Nirman Shramik Pucca Ghar Yojana to provide 50,000 dwellings for construction workers with Rs. 500 crores budget in 2016.
- Minimum registration period has been reduced to 3 years from the previous 5 years for availing a dwelling in Nirman Shramik Pucca Ghar Yojana.
- 30 training sites in 30 districts to impart qualitative training for construction workers.
- Workers in unorganized sectors to be covered by a new card that will avail various social security benefits.
- Gram Panchayat level registration of workers in progress in focus districts like Bolangir, Kalahandi, Nuapada & Bargarh to assure access to rights & entitlements.
More information about Pucca Ghar Yojana can be found at the link below